Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel spur

Posted by Brenda G on 8/30/01 at 21:18 (058530)

I have a heel spur.I was x-rayed and it was a wicked looking one....what can I do for it..help..I am in terrible pain...it hurts and burns.....really really bad..what can i do????

Re: Oh no! now 2 Brenda G's?

Brenda G on 8/31/01 at 07:15 (058565)

Hi! I'm Brenda G also from now on I guess maybe something different. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get lots of info on this site, besure and read the on-line book, any questions you have will be gladly addressed here. I've had Pf for a year now and am finally getting better, but have had lots of setbacks. My greatest relief has come through icing, Ibuprofen (orally), Birkenstocks and not weight bearing stretching. Most of all, time. My family doctor told me it would take between 1-2 years to get better, and I guess she was correct. Let us know more about what you're doing so far. Glad you found us.

Re: Heel spur

Deb L. on 9/01/01 at 15:00 (058721)

Regarding Brenda G...I also suffer from a heel spur and a home medical book said to eat pineapple, take calcium suppliments and avoid caffene and citrus fruits. My question...is tomatoes a bad food choice? I eat a lot of tomatoes and perhaps getting to my acidic content. Any advise?

Re: Tomatoes?

Brenda G. (1st) on 9/01/01 at 19:54 (058735)

Hi, Deb. About the tomatoes, I have no idea. If you are new to the board, you may try a 'search' for foods under the message board, you might come up with something. I know there have been posts before about avoiding caffeine and carbonated drinks. Caffeine can dehydrate and lots have posted that dehydration aggravated the condition and carbonated drinks can pull calcium out of the body. The only foods so far I've seen mention is the cherry juice concentrate which is supposed to decrease inflmmation and pain (maybe the pineapple does the same). Good luck in your search for relief!

Re: Oh no! now 2 Brenda G's?

Brenda G on 8/31/01 at 07:15 (058565)

Hi! I'm Brenda G also from now on I guess maybe something different. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get lots of info on this site, besure and read the on-line book, any questions you have will be gladly addressed here. I've had Pf for a year now and am finally getting better, but have had lots of setbacks. My greatest relief has come through icing, Ibuprofen (orally), Birkenstocks and not weight bearing stretching. Most of all, time. My family doctor told me it would take between 1-2 years to get better, and I guess she was correct. Let us know more about what you're doing so far. Glad you found us.

Re: Heel spur

Deb L. on 9/01/01 at 15:00 (058721)

Regarding Brenda G...I also suffer from a heel spur and a home medical book said to eat pineapple, take calcium suppliments and avoid caffene and citrus fruits. My question...is tomatoes a bad food choice? I eat a lot of tomatoes and perhaps getting to my acidic content. Any advise?

Re: Tomatoes?

Brenda G. (1st) on 9/01/01 at 19:54 (058735)

Hi, Deb. About the tomatoes, I have no idea. If you are new to the board, you may try a 'search' for foods under the message board, you might come up with something. I know there have been posts before about avoiding caffeine and carbonated drinks. Caffeine can dehydrate and lots have posted that dehydration aggravated the condition and carbonated drinks can pull calcium out of the body. The only foods so far I've seen mention is the cherry juice concentrate which is supposed to decrease inflmmation and pain (maybe the pineapple does the same). Good luck in your search for relief!