Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for a Doc?

Posted by Mike M on 9/01/01 at 14:52 (058719)

Hi board, having been here before, but am due back at the POD in a week.
Am asking a question here, to see if anyone has had this problem or to the Doc's on here - should I inform my POD or is this normal?
Sometimes - this has happened several times since my surgeries (I had PF/TTS in Feb 2001 & Scar Tissue Removal June 2001) -
When I am in bed, sitting in a chair WITHOUT my ankle support on or a pair of shoes on - sometimes my second (from the Big Toe) and third Toe will curl downwards towards the floor and lock there.
This may sound silly, but its like the most God Awful Cramp you ever felt and pulls sometimes only the second but sometimes the 2nd & 3rd toe towards the floor.
When this happens, I can not move them into their regular position.
I can reach down and pull them back up with my hand, which seems to lessen the pain (like a major cramp) but as soon as I leave go, they return to the pointing towards the floor position.
In time, they will return to a normal position on their own.
Has anyone experienced this?
Should I inform my Doctor of this?
It doesnt happen often, but when it does, it hurts like....4377 upside down!
Thanks,
Mike

Re: Question for a Doc?

wendyn on 9/01/01 at 17:28 (058729)

Mike - I've never had this happen - but I would mention it to the doctor for sure.

Pauline on 9/01/01 at 20:29 (058738)

Mike, I agree mention this to your doctor. It could be directly related to all the surgery you have had. I'd look into it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/01 at 14:45 (059013)

Would need a little more background info. Sounds like a muscle spasm since you are seeing the downward movement. How often does it occur? What surgery have you had?
Ed

wendyn on 9/01/01 at 17:28 (058729)

Mike - I've never had this happen - but I would mention it to the doctor for sure.

Pauline on 9/01/01 at 20:29 (058738)

Mike, I agree mention this to your doctor. It could be directly related to all the surgery you have had. I'd look into it.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/01 at 14:45 (059013)

Would need a little more background info. Sounds like a muscle spasm since you are seeing the downward movement. How often does it occur? What surgery have you had?
Ed