Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question for dr. ed davis

Posted by kim on 9/02/01 at 09:14 (058769)

you said there was a A. Lee Dellon in baltimore. is he at john hopkins or where. please be specific. i live in chambersburg, pennsylvania. is there any good doctors in my area? i have had the nerve conduction test done and it is positive. please help.

Re: question for dr. ed davis

Mike M on 9/02/01 at 11:38 (058786)

Kim

Hello Neighbor - almost :)
I'm outside of Frostburg, MD. Had my PF/TTS done at Sacred Heart in Cumberland by Dr. Peter Brielhoff. He is from NYC and VERY VERY good.
In fact, after my surgeries he himself personally called my house to see how I was doing.
Talk about a doc who cares and listens.
Give me an email and Ill get you his telephone number.

Mike

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/02/01 at 13:52 (058805)

Personal experience means a lot so check out Mike's recommendation. How far are you from Pittsburgh? Dr. Guido LaPorta of Pittsburgh would be high on my list.
Ed

kim on 9/03/01 at 08:23 (058890)

mike i see you have had several operations for scar tissue removal do you still highly recommend dr. brielhoff? i am using someone elses computer will have to find out e-mail can you put his phone number on here

Mike on 9/03/01 at 13:03 (058926)

Kim
Yes, I think alot of Dr. B. I have never met a doc who cares about his patients they way he does, and truthfully his nursing staff is wonderful as well.
As for the scar tissue, it seems I have a few bonker blood tests- elevated White Count, Positive ANA ~ my family doc seems to think some sort of autoimmune disease ~ kinda like Lupus, but a rheumatologist said it couldnt be as Im positively not a female, so they termed it Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Kind of like your body is allergic to itself.
Dr. B said that patients who are autoimmune (the immune system is in overdrive fighting off everything it can find) tend to form scar tissue alot more than a normal regular patient.
Nice to know, esp if you were facing major surgery.
If ya can, email me and we can talk over TTS/PF

Take Care
Mike

wendyn on 9/03/01 at 17:50 (058948)

Mike - I wasn't aware that Lupus only affects females - is this true?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/01 at 14:43 (059011)

Lupus can also affect males although the majority of lupus victims are female.
Ed

wendyn on 9/04/01 at 21:16 (059049)

Thanks Dr Ed - when I thought about it...all of the people I've ever heard of with Lupus have in fact been female...but I had no idea that it seemed to usually not affect males. Why is that - does any one know?

Matt L. on 9/05/01 at 14:03 (059118)

Dr. Dellon is at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore.

Mike M on 9/02/01 at 11:38 (058786)

Kim

Hello Neighbor - almost :)
I'm outside of Frostburg, MD. Had my PF/TTS done at Sacred Heart in Cumberland by Dr. Peter Brielhoff. He is from NYC and VERY VERY good.
In fact, after my surgeries he himself personally called my house to see how I was doing.
Talk about a doc who cares and listens.
Give me an email and Ill get you his telephone number.

Mike

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/02/01 at 13:52 (058805)

Personal experience means a lot so check out Mike's recommendation. How far are you from Pittsburgh? Dr. Guido LaPorta of Pittsburgh would be high on my list.
Ed

kim on 9/03/01 at 08:23 (058890)

mike i see you have had several operations for scar tissue removal do you still highly recommend dr. brielhoff? i am using someone elses computer will have to find out e-mail can you put his phone number on here

Mike on 9/03/01 at 13:03 (058926)

Kim
Yes, I think alot of Dr. B. I have never met a doc who cares about his patients they way he does, and truthfully his nursing staff is wonderful as well.
As for the scar tissue, it seems I have a few bonker blood tests- elevated White Count, Positive ANA ~ my family doc seems to think some sort of autoimmune disease ~ kinda like Lupus, but a rheumatologist said it couldnt be as Im positively not a female, so they termed it Mixed Connective Tissue Disease. Kind of like your body is allergic to itself.
Dr. B said that patients who are autoimmune (the immune system is in overdrive fighting off everything it can find) tend to form scar tissue alot more than a normal regular patient.
Nice to know, esp if you were facing major surgery.
If ya can, email me and we can talk over TTS/PF

Take Care
Mike

wendyn on 9/03/01 at 17:50 (058948)

Mike - I wasn't aware that Lupus only affects females - is this true?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/01 at 14:43 (059011)

Lupus can also affect males although the majority of lupus victims are female.
Ed

wendyn on 9/04/01 at 21:16 (059049)

Thanks Dr Ed - when I thought about it...all of the people I've ever heard of with Lupus have in fact been female...but I had no idea that it seemed to usually not affect males. Why is that - does any one know?

Matt L. on 9/05/01 at 14:03 (059118)

Dr. Dellon is at Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore.