Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NATURAL anti-inflammatories

Posted by Carmen H on 9/02/01 at 09:37 (058773)

I have been an avid vitamin taker since I was old enough to swallow real food....I noticed when I stopped taking them for awhile (was moving, too expensive at the time etc.) I started to have all kinds of problems. I am now back on them full force and my feet, Sciatica and Piriformus feel 80% better. I recommend going to an herb store and talking with the person running (the owner is the best person to talk to) the store about the anti-ins you should be taking. Of course if you are on meds from a doc talk to the doc first and read about interactions etc. Be smart about it.
But the B-complex, Vitamin C, Arnica are good and I also take the calcium Magnesium, iron with C, vitamin E and Chrondoitin with Gluco. these haveall helped tremendously with my pain levels. Thought I'd share.

Re: NATURAL anti-inflammatories

Pauline on 9/02/01 at 10:23 (058780)

Thanks for reminding us Carmen. Most of the things you mentioned are pretty safe for most peope to take, but like you say they should mention it to their doctors and watch the amount they ingest. I did have a neighbor who not only overdosed herself on vitamins but her husband as
well. After a day in the hospital for both of them and a lecture from their doctor they were fine. They were just not aware that there could be a problem with certain vitamins.

Re: Hey Pauline...got a question.

Carmen on 9/02/01 at 19:16 (058850)

I know I probably already asked you this before but here goes again (my brain is tired of searching these posts tonight). Who do you see here in atlanta? I went to one and am not realllllly sure I am comfortable with his method of treatment. Although he is nice enough I am not comfortable with what he's doing to treat me.
Thanks!!

Pauline on 9/02/01 at 19:28 (058853)

Carmen,
I never went to Atlanta for foot care. I went to Emory three times for
other major surgery not related in any way to feet. Emory is a respected medical center for many things. I thought you could get a referal from them for your feet. Hope you can find someone you feel comfortable with.

Re: NATURAL anti-inflammatories

Pauline on 9/02/01 at 10:23 (058780)

Thanks for reminding us Carmen. Most of the things you mentioned are pretty safe for most peope to take, but like you say they should mention it to their doctors and watch the amount they ingest. I did have a neighbor who not only overdosed herself on vitamins but her husband as
well. After a day in the hospital for both of them and a lecture from their doctor they were fine. They were just not aware that there could be a problem with certain vitamins.

Carmen on 9/02/01 at 19:16 (058850)

I know I probably already asked you this before but here goes again (my brain is tired of searching these posts tonight). Who do you see here in atlanta? I went to one and am not realllllly sure I am comfortable with his method of treatment. Although he is nice enough I am not comfortable with what he's doing to treat me.
Thanks!!

Pauline on 9/02/01 at 19:28 (058853)

Carmen,
I never went to Atlanta for foot care. I went to Emory three times for
other major surgery not related in any way to feet. Emory is a respected medical center for many things. I thought you could get a referal from them for your feet. Hope you can find someone you feel comfortable with.