Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

NEw Balance 840

Posted by Carmen H on 9/02/01 at 18:11 (058840)

Anyone have an opinion on these? I brought back the Saucony's I got when this first started and was told the Pedorthist put me in the wrong shize to start with so they'd replace them at their own cost. They gave me the 840 (No 800 in stock).....I am getting the feeling I am going to be a rigid orthotics candidate. These New bal. hurt but I truly believe the soft 'orthotics' are teh reason. Want to keep the shoe but can't get rigid orthotics for a few weeks......money money money.!$$$!!

Re: NEw Balance 840

john h on 9/02/01 at 19:53 (058858)

carmen: i have worn the New Balance or its current cousin the New Balance 853 cross trainer for 6 years. I think they are an excellent shoe and have a built in rollbar. they are especially good in preventing over pronation. they also easily handle an orthotic and have a wide stable sole. IMHO i think they are a good shoe for people with PF. They get good marks as a shoe from Runner's World and Consumer's Report. they do not have an air cushoned sole like nike. i have read that the air cushoned soles are not good if you have any kind of achilles problem.

Re: Thanks John

Carmen H on 9/03/01 at 08:23 (058891)

I appreciate your input and feel good about the exchange. Thanks mucho!

Re: NEw Balance 840

john h on 9/02/01 at 19:53 (058858)

carmen: i have worn the New Balance or its current cousin the New Balance 853 cross trainer for 6 years. I think they are an excellent shoe and have a built in rollbar. they are especially good in preventing over pronation. they also easily handle an orthotic and have a wide stable sole. IMHO i think they are a good shoe for people with PF. They get good marks as a shoe from Runner's World and Consumer's Report. they do not have an air cushoned sole like nike. i have read that the air cushoned soles are not good if you have any kind of achilles problem.

Re: Thanks John

Carmen H on 9/03/01 at 08:23 (058891)

I appreciate your input and feel good about the exchange. Thanks mucho!