Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Davis and Leasing

Posted by john h on 9/02/01 at 19:20 (058851)

dr davis: i am always glad to see another machine in place. there are so many people who 'might' benefit from ESWT. as to leasing the machine, leasing makes a lot of business sense depending on certain factors. your accountant, of course, will advise you whether leasing is appropriate for you. your lawyer can advise you of the legal consequences of your leasing contract. for many years i leased medical equipment, business equipment and heavy machinery. i have drawn up hundreds of lease contracts. i will be glad to offer you my free opinion on the leasing aspects of your contract. these contracts can be drawn up in some unusal ways and some of them will not be to your benefit. if it is a straight lease to purchase they are simple but even then the residual value better be set appropriately because you can end up paying way to much. you might even consider setting up a company and leasing it to yourself along with other business assets.

Re: Dr. Davis and Leasing

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/05/01 at 19:13 (059155)

Thank you--greatly appreciate the offer. I will look at Sonocur as they are up in Vancouver, B.C. about 3 hours north of me. Also will be looking at the Wolf Piezoson 300 by UMS (United Medical Systems). I believe it is likely that FDA approval for those two units will happen simultaneously or perhaps close together due to their similarities-perhaps about November.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/05/01 at 19:51 (059167)

Ed

What do you here about the epos from Dornier

Rob on 9/06/01 at 15:07 (059252)

UMS is just starting their FDA process and is over a year or more away from approval. Dornier is looking for approval about the same time as Siemens this fall.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 14:50 (059401)

I don't have info specific to that machine.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/05/01 at 19:13 (059155)

Thank you--greatly appreciate the offer. I will look at Sonocur as they are up in Vancouver, B.C. about 3 hours north of me. Also will be looking at the Wolf Piezoson 300 by UMS (United Medical Systems). I believe it is likely that FDA approval for those two units will happen simultaneously or perhaps close together due to their similarities-perhaps about November.
Ed

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/05/01 at 19:51 (059167)

Ed

What do you here about the epos from Dornier

Rob on 9/06/01 at 15:07 (059252)

UMS is just starting their FDA process and is over a year or more away from approval. Dornier is looking for approval about the same time as Siemens this fall.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 14:50 (059401)

I don't have info specific to that machine.
Ed