Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Re: Proposed extension of Jade 168 Balm clinical trial - Trial participants only

Posted by Dr. Chris Reynolds on 9/03/01 at 09:03 (058896)

As a number of Jade users are reporting improvement in symptoms after three months of treatment and others are getting relief using it two or three times a day, I would like to extend the trial to 6 months to anyone in the current trial who would like to volunteer. If you agree to this, please let me know when you get half way through your last tube, and I will keep you supplied with Jade for the next three months. I will also check out your progress once a month.
Please note, this was not in any way planned, but if there's any chance that those of you who have had little or no response might improve, then it makes sense to keep the treatment going for a while longer.
My email address: anymail@jadepage.com
Thanks.

Re: Proposed extension of Jade 168 Balm clinical trial - Trial participants only

BrianG on 9/03/01 at 10:55 (058911)

Thanks for your kind offer Dr. Chris. I'll be one of the people to continue on. I've had minimal positive results, but I'm not ready to give up yet. I'll be in touch later on.

BCG

Lynda S on 9/03/01 at 15:14 (058932)

Dr. Reynolds:

I am in the Jade Trial now and would be more than willing to continue it for six months, if there is any chance that it would improve my feet more. It has really made a difference so far, and I would be ecstatic if I could be able to function without my medication I take for it. As it is now, I am able to do much more than before.

Thanks,
Lynda S

Carmel M on 9/03/01 at 16:01 (058936)

Thanks Dr. Chris. I am also in the Jade trial and would be willing to participate for another six months.

Re: Count me in!

Valerie S on 9/03/01 at 21:09 (058961)

Thanks, Dr. Reynolds for being so generous with the Jade Balm. I have experienced improvement while using the Jade, and would be so grateful to keep receiving it through the 6 month mark. I will send you an email when I get 1/2 way through the last tube. Thank you!

Val.

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 21:18 (058963)

please count me in too, dr. reynolds. i'd like to continue. thank you!

Re: Count me in! Question for nancy s

Mary Ann S on 9/03/01 at 21:53 (058965)

I know you have the shoulder problem, hope that is getting better. But how is your pf doing? You were taking the medicine from Mexico. The Jade Balm has helped me so much. I don't have the real pain as before, although my foot isn't 'normal'. Don't know if it ever will be but at least now I can do so much more and am not always thinking of my foot. Take care

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 22:15 (058966)

hi mary ann,
my pf and tendonitis problems are really remote these days. i don't know if it's the jade or what -- but i started the trial feeling at a 1 or 2 pain level most days. now it seems more like 0 or 1. today i painted shutters for three solid hours, on my feet the whole time, and felt no pain and feel none tonight.
a couple of weeks ago i went away for what i thought was one overnight and it turned into three, and i hadn't brought my mexico homeopathic meds with me. my feet Suffered! when i got home and went right back on them faithfully, they recovered within three or four days. i have no doubt these meds make a big difference.
my shoulder is holding its own, in the frozen stage -- can't move that arm much, and it tends to get painful toward the end of the day. i take pain med to sleep at night. the other shoulder slowly worsens. i can't sleep on either side anymore. i just continue to hope that i don't end up with two frozen shoulders. if so, my upper-body activities will be limited to tiny handicraft work right in front of me, which i'm terrible at!
actually, this very night, i finally started trying the jade on my upper arms and shoulders. if they get better soon, that should be very interesting....and i will report.
how are you?
nancy

Mary Ann S on 9/03/01 at 22:38 (058967)

Well good for your feet Nancy. Isn't it wonderful not to have that miserable pain and to be able to do things again? I am trying a new orthotic that isn't working and makes my foot and leg ache. Maybe the Jade will help on your shouder. That has to be just as bad as PF. You have had more than your share. Good luck.

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 23:01 (058973)

mary ann, yes, it IS wonderful to be able to do more on my feet again. some days i still can't believe it -- it's been a long haul, and i know i'll always have to take extra care of them. that's fine.
the shoulder did feel as bad as pf for a while; but in the long run, it isn't nearly as bad. in the big picture, not being able to walk is far worse than having pain in the arms and shoulders. no picnic, but somehow it doesn't put as huge a dent in your life and spirit.
i'm sorry you're having trouble with your orthotics. i had one very bad pair, and then one very good pair -- but in the end, nothing works so well for me as birks. i hope you find your solution; keep trying, and accept what actually feels best, not what should feel best, because -- here comes the heelspurs.com mantra -- everyone is different! it's true.
nancy

Julie on 9/04/01 at 01:52 (058978)

Chris, Many thanks - this is good of you, and I would like to continue.

All the best, Julie

john a on 9/04/01 at 11:00 (059002)

I've had minimal results from Jade over the past 10 weeks. And will continue to use it religiously until my three tubes run out. But, I can't believe any of us will need any more of it - I'm still not done with the first tube! And some nights it seems like I'm applying it everywhere :-) As Julie mentioned before, this stuff really does seem to be everlasting -- now fess up Dr. Reynolds, the real reason you're being so secretive about the active ingredients in Jade is that you're actually getting it from Willy Wonka himself, right! :-)

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 9/04/01 at 18:40 (059031)

The Easter bunny John. Maybe in time you may get a better outcome. It's worth a try I think.

Cindy KH on 9/04/01 at 21:53 (059055)

I'd like to keep going...not sure if I was in the trial. I volunteered back when, was told there were enough people, then more were added.

Anyway I get some daily relief and do better with a morning and night application even though I haven't hit that Eureka some have. It does help some less painful other foot situations so it still could help my heels more with continued use.

Best,
Cindy in OK

BrianG on 9/03/01 at 10:55 (058911)

Thanks for your kind offer Dr. Chris. I'll be one of the people to continue on. I've had minimal positive results, but I'm not ready to give up yet. I'll be in touch later on.

BCG

Lynda S on 9/03/01 at 15:14 (058932)

Dr. Reynolds:

I am in the Jade Trial now and would be more than willing to continue it for six months, if there is any chance that it would improve my feet more. It has really made a difference so far, and I would be ecstatic if I could be able to function without my medication I take for it. As it is now, I am able to do much more than before.

Thanks,
Lynda S

Carmel M on 9/03/01 at 16:01 (058936)

Thanks Dr. Chris. I am also in the Jade trial and would be willing to participate for another six months.

Valerie S on 9/03/01 at 21:09 (058961)

Thanks, Dr. Reynolds for being so generous with the Jade Balm. I have experienced improvement while using the Jade, and would be so grateful to keep receiving it through the 6 month mark. I will send you an email when I get 1/2 way through the last tube. Thank you!

Val.

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 21:18 (058963)

please count me in too, dr. reynolds. i'd like to continue. thank you!

Mary Ann S on 9/03/01 at 21:53 (058965)

I know you have the shoulder problem, hope that is getting better. But how is your pf doing? You were taking the medicine from Mexico. The Jade Balm has helped me so much. I don't have the real pain as before, although my foot isn't 'normal'. Don't know if it ever will be but at least now I can do so much more and am not always thinking of my foot. Take care

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 22:15 (058966)

hi mary ann,
my pf and tendonitis problems are really remote these days. i don't know if it's the jade or what -- but i started the trial feeling at a 1 or 2 pain level most days. now it seems more like 0 or 1. today i painted shutters for three solid hours, on my feet the whole time, and felt no pain and feel none tonight.
a couple of weeks ago i went away for what i thought was one overnight and it turned into three, and i hadn't brought my mexico homeopathic meds with me. my feet Suffered! when i got home and went right back on them faithfully, they recovered within three or four days. i have no doubt these meds make a big difference.
my shoulder is holding its own, in the frozen stage -- can't move that arm much, and it tends to get painful toward the end of the day. i take pain med to sleep at night. the other shoulder slowly worsens. i can't sleep on either side anymore. i just continue to hope that i don't end up with two frozen shoulders. if so, my upper-body activities will be limited to tiny handicraft work right in front of me, which i'm terrible at!
actually, this very night, i finally started trying the jade on my upper arms and shoulders. if they get better soon, that should be very interesting....and i will report.
how are you?
nancy

Mary Ann S on 9/03/01 at 22:38 (058967)

Well good for your feet Nancy. Isn't it wonderful not to have that miserable pain and to be able to do things again? I am trying a new orthotic that isn't working and makes my foot and leg ache. Maybe the Jade will help on your shouder. That has to be just as bad as PF. You have had more than your share. Good luck.

nancy s. on 9/03/01 at 23:01 (058973)

mary ann, yes, it IS wonderful to be able to do more on my feet again. some days i still can't believe it -- it's been a long haul, and i know i'll always have to take extra care of them. that's fine.
the shoulder did feel as bad as pf for a while; but in the long run, it isn't nearly as bad. in the big picture, not being able to walk is far worse than having pain in the arms and shoulders. no picnic, but somehow it doesn't put as huge a dent in your life and spirit.
i'm sorry you're having trouble with your orthotics. i had one very bad pair, and then one very good pair -- but in the end, nothing works so well for me as birks. i hope you find your solution; keep trying, and accept what actually feels best, not what should feel best, because -- here comes the heelspurs.com mantra -- everyone is different! it's true.
nancy

Julie on 9/04/01 at 01:52 (058978)

Chris, Many thanks - this is good of you, and I would like to continue.

All the best, Julie

john a on 9/04/01 at 11:00 (059002)

I've had minimal results from Jade over the past 10 weeks. And will continue to use it religiously until my three tubes run out. But, I can't believe any of us will need any more of it - I'm still not done with the first tube! And some nights it seems like I'm applying it everywhere :-) As Julie mentioned before, this stuff really does seem to be everlasting -- now fess up Dr. Reynolds, the real reason you're being so secretive about the active ingredients in Jade is that you're actually getting it from Willy Wonka himself, right! :-)

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 9/04/01 at 18:40 (059031)

The Easter bunny John. Maybe in time you may get a better outcome. It's worth a try I think.

Cindy KH on 9/04/01 at 21:53 (059055)

I'd like to keep going...not sure if I was in the trial. I volunteered back when, was told there were enough people, then more were added.

Anyway I get some daily relief and do better with a morning and night application even though I haven't hit that Eureka some have. It does help some less painful other foot situations so it still could help my heels more with continued use.

Best,
Cindy in OK