Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nancy S-- homeopathic medicine, jade, shoulder

Posted by alan k on 9/05/01 at 00:20 (059059)

Hi Nancy,

I was reading your message and wondering if you could fill me in about those homeopathic medicines, what are they and at what concentration? I know this is recapping things everyone knows.

I am also going to try Jade, and I am going to try it on my shoulder too, which is my primary symptom now, which is another reason I am writing this:

get that shoulder checked out-- could be a neck problem (probably not though) or tendons could be entrapped in the scapula, possibly involving nerves. Is the pain in the scapula or at the top of the arm? You should have that shoulder massaged.

Although it seems hit and miss, I think there is good reason to give the Jade a try, at least for feet, and I am eagerly awaiting it.

I am still thinking of making those Thai medicines available, many of which are useful for other problems besides pf as well.

take care,

alan

Re: Nancy S-- homeopathic medicine, jade, shoulder

nancy s. on 9/05/01 at 07:24 (059072)

good evening, alan (where you are)!

i did get the shoulder checked out. my doc first diagnosed it as rotator cuff tendonitis and sent me to pt. pt, including the massage, made it much worse, and she sent me back to the doctor. (i understand from both my doc and my pt that if it were simply rotator cuff tendonitis, massage _would_ have helped.)
had an mri to rule out rotator cuff tear, which fortunately it was not, and the final diagnosis is adhesive capsulitis ('frozen shoulder'). i'm sure this diagnosis is right -- the shoulder has been following exactly the long, slow, painful path described everywhere i've read. my pain is mostly along the outer upper arm (which is hard and swollen) into the rotator cuff area. i'm really sorry to hear own of your shoulder etc. problems.

i will email you on the rest of the stuff you posted about -- now that i found you in the night! now and then the sherlock light in my brain does come on and cast a wide light.

nancy

Pauline on 9/05/01 at 11:33 (059102)

Nancy,
My husband has had 'frozen Shoulder' in both shoulders. He was treated by a well respected Ortho in our area who deals strictly with Shoulders. The first one was resolved by a short acting general anesthesia in the hospital after which the doctor rotated the shoulder to break up the califications. Afterward this treatment was followed by physical therapy to keep the shoulder in motion and to extend the range of motion in the muscles and tendons.

The second time it was all done though very aggressive physical therapy. The same doctor gave him a choice and my husband wanted to try it this way. He paid for it. Lots more pain involved. Afterward he said he would select the anesthesia with rotation if it happens again.

I hope yours is resolved soon.

nancy s. on 9/05/01 at 13:04 (059112)

thanks, pauline.
i know of the anesthesia route, researched it, and found there was more risk to it than i was willing to take. i'm glad it helped your husband, though.
pt in the early stage was unbearable and only worsened the condition in my case. now i'm in the middle, 'frozen' stage, and i do some exercise to keep what movement i have but not to the point of much pain, which both the doctor and pt advised me to avoid.
when the 'thaw' starts, that's when more aggressive pt will begin again.
nancy

nancy s. on 9/05/01 at 07:24 (059072)

good evening, alan (where you are)!

i did get the shoulder checked out. my doc first diagnosed it as rotator cuff tendonitis and sent me to pt. pt, including the massage, made it much worse, and she sent me back to the doctor. (i understand from both my doc and my pt that if it were simply rotator cuff tendonitis, massage _would_ have helped.)
had an mri to rule out rotator cuff tear, which fortunately it was not, and the final diagnosis is adhesive capsulitis ('frozen shoulder'). i'm sure this diagnosis is right -- the shoulder has been following exactly the long, slow, painful path described everywhere i've read. my pain is mostly along the outer upper arm (which is hard and swollen) into the rotator cuff area. i'm really sorry to hear own of your shoulder etc. problems.

i will email you on the rest of the stuff you posted about -- now that i found you in the night! now and then the sherlock light in my brain does come on and cast a wide light.

nancy

Pauline on 9/05/01 at 11:33 (059102)

Nancy,
My husband has had 'frozen Shoulder' in both shoulders. He was treated by a well respected Ortho in our area who deals strictly with Shoulders. The first one was resolved by a short acting general anesthesia in the hospital after which the doctor rotated the shoulder to break up the califications. Afterward this treatment was followed by physical therapy to keep the shoulder in motion and to extend the range of motion in the muscles and tendons.

The second time it was all done though very aggressive physical therapy. The same doctor gave him a choice and my husband wanted to try it this way. He paid for it. Lots more pain involved. Afterward he said he would select the anesthesia with rotation if it happens again.

I hope yours is resolved soon.

nancy s. on 9/05/01 at 13:04 (059112)

thanks, pauline.
i know of the anesthesia route, researched it, and found there was more risk to it than i was willing to take. i'm glad it helped your husband, though.
pt in the early stage was unbearable and only worsened the condition in my case. now i'm in the middle, 'frozen' stage, and i do some exercise to keep what movement i have but not to the point of much pain, which both the doctor and pt advised me to avoid.
when the 'thaw' starts, that's when more aggressive pt will begin again.
nancy