Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Yikes!! Am i a regular?

Posted by Carmen H on 9/05/01 at 17:10 (059136)

Just saw my name EVERYwhere and am wondering....'Am I considered a REGULAR????' HELP!!!!!
ha ha

Re: Yikes!! Am i a regular?

JudyS on 9/06/01 at 14:06 (059241)

Yes, Carmen, you ARE a regular! And the rest of us are all the better for it!

Re: Thanks Judy...

Carmen on 9/06/01 at 16:07 (059267)

you made me smile. thanks.

john h on 9/07/01 at 11:12 (059373)

carmen: you are everywhere and you have qualified as a regular. just be careful and wary of scott and his fouls. he is like a cybercop always lurking around looking to foul you.

Re: Scott gets points

Carmen on 9/07/01 at 12:11 (059384)

Scott got points from me already b/c he posted the picture of my sweet little niece....my sister and her family moved away the day after my wedding (yes at my wedding was also my goodbye to my family)and now all I have is pictures....so I can click over and see her any time I am on here. Which you can see is OFTEN!!!

Re: the definition of a regular...

elliott on 9/07/01 at 13:34 (059393)

is not that you post often, but rather that other regulars regularly reply to your posts. If you are not accepted as a regular, you are welcome to join me in Exileland. :-)

Tammie on 9/07/01 at 13:36 (059394)

I would think that you to would be a regular! You know forgivness is good for the soul!!! And differences is what makes life so precious!

Re: Yikes too much to thnk about!

Carmen H on 9/07/01 at 14:02 (059398)

So let me get this straight....a regular has to reply to me to make me a regular? So does that make the unregulars regular if I respond AFTER I hear back from a regular?
Whew! What a mess!
ha

Richard, C.Ped on 9/07/01 at 15:37 (059403)

My wife says that I am irregular....but she is used to it now. :-)
Richard

Julie on 9/08/01 at 10:26 (059471)

Elliott

I'm sorry you feel you are in Exileland. You have much to contribute to the board, and I know you've been trying to do that. I've observed your posts are often not responded to. Confrontation isn't welcomed here, as you found out, so perhaps people are reluctant to get into conversation with you, fearing it may end in argument on a personal level. The fact is, you'd been around here for only a few weeks before you began to be confrontational, and picked a quarrel with me in which you made some rather unpleasant personal remarks, and called the board 'dull'. It could be that people didn't appreciate that, either.

As far as I'm concerned, what happened is water under the bridge, and it's over. I know it was your natural feistiness, and once you got going you couldn't stop. I was angered by some of the things you said to me, as you know, but it was quickly got over. I'd like for you to be able to enter into dialogue here, because I do think you have a lot to give.

I've said this, having thought carefully before saying it, to be helpful to you, but also to let everyone know that what happened isn't rankling with me, just in case there has been an element of side-taking going on. But I will say this, too: if you use it as a springboard to start another argument with me, I will not respond. Confrontation doesn't interest me. I was sorry that I allowed myself to be drawn on that occasion, and won't let it happen again.

Everyone responds to Carmen's posts because she is friendly and open, and as interested in others as she is in herself; and her energy is good (you can feel this, can't you - I think everyone can). She has no hidden agenda, and nobody needs to be fearful of what she might say. That's why she is a 'regular', and people like her. Show the same sort of openness and good will, the same enthusiasm for engaging with others on a non-confrontational basis, and you'll probably get a better response.

(Please will no-one respond to thisexcept Elliott (if he wants to). I would like it to be resolved quietly.)

elliott on 9/10/01 at 16:42 (059764)

Julie:

It's probably better not to respond at all, especially when you place conditions on who may say what (not that I'd expect anybody else to say maybe it's now your posts going a tad too far), but remaining silent becomes harder to do when you keep starting or perpetuating threads dredging up all that portrays me in a bad light (as if that's resolving it quietly); to me, that is confrontational.

Confrontation and hidden agendas? You can keep saying so, but is that really what I'm about? Based mainly on that exchange with you? My own impression from that exchange is that you seem somewhat sensitive to opinions differing from your own, even if tactfully worded; now that I see that, I've avoided it since. Some of my wording in that exchange was too strong for this board and not appreciated, and I've certainly learned from that too. And I'm sorry it happened. You say you quickly got over it and it's buried, but your words constantly repeating throughout how much you were hurt seem to belie this. I wish you could shrug it off with a laugh, but I don't think you will. I'm sorry it caused you grief.

Regarding board dullness, if your idea of a board is that it should be limited to Q: 'What can I do for my pain?', A: 'Rest and wear Birkenstocks', I would say yes, that is dull. Actually, the boards have been less so lately. I hope I have contributed toward that end, and this not through confrontation or at anyone's expense. And I hope you have at least half-smiled occasionally when reading some of my posts; if not, either your sense of humor is suspect or I had better go back to comedy school. Either way, I would have failed. My agenda, if I have one, is to seek and offer information, as well as to give and get a laugh or two along the way, especially so we can momentarily escape our nonstop pain and suffering.

You spend a lot of time offering helpful advice here; that's great and please don't stop. I'm new here and really don't want to spoil the party, for you or anyone else. If I'm not a Regular, that's fine. I'm not seeking to win a popularity contest here. I have a couple of friends from this board off-line and socially that's good enough for me. If I feel unwelcome, I can leave. But no hidden agenda. These boards are about heel pain.

Julie on 9/11/01 at 02:02 (059821)

Elliott

I guess my post was a mistake. I am sorry I made it. You are right: these boards are about heel pain. Please keep contributing your knowledge and your humour to them.

elliott on 9/17/01 at 13:04 (060727)

Thanks for your kind words. And please keep contributing as well (not just knowledge, but also humour). Thanks.

JudyS on 9/06/01 at 14:06 (059241)

Yes, Carmen, you ARE a regular! And the rest of us are all the better for it!

Re: Thanks Judy...

Carmen on 9/06/01 at 16:07 (059267)

you made me smile. thanks.

john h on 9/07/01 at 11:12 (059373)

carmen: you are everywhere and you have qualified as a regular. just be careful and wary of scott and his fouls. he is like a cybercop always lurking around looking to foul you.

Re: Scott gets points

Carmen on 9/07/01 at 12:11 (059384)

Scott got points from me already b/c he posted the picture of my sweet little niece....my sister and her family moved away the day after my wedding (yes at my wedding was also my goodbye to my family)and now all I have is pictures....so I can click over and see her any time I am on here. Which you can see is OFTEN!!!

elliott on 9/07/01 at 13:34 (059393)

is not that you post often, but rather that other regulars regularly reply to your posts. If you are not accepted as a regular, you are welcome to join me in Exileland. :-)

Tammie on 9/07/01 at 13:36 (059394)

I would think that you to would be a regular! You know forgivness is good for the soul!!! And differences is what makes life so precious!

Carmen H on 9/07/01 at 14:02 (059398)

So let me get this straight....a regular has to reply to me to make me a regular? So does that make the unregulars regular if I respond AFTER I hear back from a regular?
Whew! What a mess!
ha

Richard, C.Ped on 9/07/01 at 15:37 (059403)

My wife says that I am irregular....but she is used to it now. :-)
Richard

Julie on 9/08/01 at 10:26 (059471)

Elliott

I'm sorry you feel you are in Exileland. You have much to contribute to the board, and I know you've been trying to do that. I've observed your posts are often not responded to. Confrontation isn't welcomed here, as you found out, so perhaps people are reluctant to get into conversation with you, fearing it may end in argument on a personal level. The fact is, you'd been around here for only a few weeks before you began to be confrontational, and picked a quarrel with me in which you made some rather unpleasant personal remarks, and called the board 'dull'. It could be that people didn't appreciate that, either.

As far as I'm concerned, what happened is water under the bridge, and it's over. I know it was your natural feistiness, and once you got going you couldn't stop. I was angered by some of the things you said to me, as you know, but it was quickly got over. I'd like for you to be able to enter into dialogue here, because I do think you have a lot to give.

I've said this, having thought carefully before saying it, to be helpful to you, but also to let everyone know that what happened isn't rankling with me, just in case there has been an element of side-taking going on. But I will say this, too: if you use it as a springboard to start another argument with me, I will not respond. Confrontation doesn't interest me. I was sorry that I allowed myself to be drawn on that occasion, and won't let it happen again.

Everyone responds to Carmen's posts because she is friendly and open, and as interested in others as she is in herself; and her energy is good (you can feel this, can't you - I think everyone can). She has no hidden agenda, and nobody needs to be fearful of what she might say. That's why she is a 'regular', and people like her. Show the same sort of openness and good will, the same enthusiasm for engaging with others on a non-confrontational basis, and you'll probably get a better response.

(Please will no-one respond to thisexcept Elliott (if he wants to). I would like it to be resolved quietly.)

elliott on 9/10/01 at 16:42 (059764)

Julie:

It's probably better not to respond at all, especially when you place conditions on who may say what (not that I'd expect anybody else to say maybe it's now your posts going a tad too far), but remaining silent becomes harder to do when you keep starting or perpetuating threads dredging up all that portrays me in a bad light (as if that's resolving it quietly); to me, that is confrontational.

Confrontation and hidden agendas? You can keep saying so, but is that really what I'm about? Based mainly on that exchange with you? My own impression from that exchange is that you seem somewhat sensitive to opinions differing from your own, even if tactfully worded; now that I see that, I've avoided it since. Some of my wording in that exchange was too strong for this board and not appreciated, and I've certainly learned from that too. And I'm sorry it happened. You say you quickly got over it and it's buried, but your words constantly repeating throughout how much you were hurt seem to belie this. I wish you could shrug it off with a laugh, but I don't think you will. I'm sorry it caused you grief.

Regarding board dullness, if your idea of a board is that it should be limited to Q: 'What can I do for my pain?', A: 'Rest and wear Birkenstocks', I would say yes, that is dull. Actually, the boards have been less so lately. I hope I have contributed toward that end, and this not through confrontation or at anyone's expense. And I hope you have at least half-smiled occasionally when reading some of my posts; if not, either your sense of humor is suspect or I had better go back to comedy school. Either way, I would have failed. My agenda, if I have one, is to seek and offer information, as well as to give and get a laugh or two along the way, especially so we can momentarily escape our nonstop pain and suffering.

You spend a lot of time offering helpful advice here; that's great and please don't stop. I'm new here and really don't want to spoil the party, for you or anyone else. If I'm not a Regular, that's fine. I'm not seeking to win a popularity contest here. I have a couple of friends from this board off-line and socially that's good enough for me. If I feel unwelcome, I can leave. But no hidden agenda. These boards are about heel pain.

Julie on 9/11/01 at 02:02 (059821)

Elliott

I guess my post was a mistake. I am sorry I made it. You are right: these boards are about heel pain. Please keep contributing your knowledge and your humour to them.

elliott on 9/17/01 at 13:04 (060727)

Thanks for your kind words. And please keep contributing as well (not just knowledge, but also humour). Thanks.