Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT IN MINNESOTA??

Posted by DENISED on 9/05/01 at 17:19 (059137)

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any places in Minnesota that i can get the ESWT treatment done? I have had PF
on one foot for about 2.5 years. It was starting to get better and then it hit the other foot. I am getting to the point where I dont care
what it cost.

Thanks

Re: ESWT IN MINNESOTA??

Jill P on 9/24/01 at 15:19 (061440)

Hi Denise! I'm in Minnesota too. I haven't looked at Scott's listing of where there are ESWT machines recently, but last time I looked, Chicago was the closest. If you are going to get a treatment, make sure to consider not only travel expenses but also treatment expenses and what/how many treatments are covered, etc. Also be sure to check listings that might not be too far away in Canada since we're so near there as well.

I won the lottery in February and had excellent care given by Dr. Z and his staff out in NJ. The plane ticket was like $250 and I happen to have a cousin who lives about 20 minutes away so I could stay with her. Just don't land during a big snow storm out there! They don't keep the roads in the same condition as in MN during a snow storm. I have never been so scared ever driving in the 17 or so years I have driven in MN winter roads as I was driving in that. YIKES! If you have questions, you can email me at jpete@mn.rr.com Jill

Re: ESWT IN MINNESOTA??

Jill P on 9/24/01 at 15:19 (061440)

Hi Denise! I'm in Minnesota too. I haven't looked at Scott's listing of where there are ESWT machines recently, but last time I looked, Chicago was the closest. If you are going to get a treatment, make sure to consider not only travel expenses but also treatment expenses and what/how many treatments are covered, etc. Also be sure to check listings that might not be too far away in Canada since we're so near there as well.

I won the lottery in February and had excellent care given by Dr. Z and his staff out in NJ. The plane ticket was like $250 and I happen to have a cousin who lives about 20 minutes away so I could stay with her. Just don't land during a big snow storm out there! They don't keep the roads in the same condition as in MN during a snow storm. I have never been so scared ever driving in the 17 or so years I have driven in MN winter roads as I was driving in that. YIKES! If you have questions, you can email me at jpete@mn.rr.com Jill