Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

AICT?

Posted by Aubrey P. on 9/05/01 at 23:51 (059180)

Dr.'s please help me. I have a marble size bump on the inside of my right heel in the very center of the calcaneal bone, not the back or bottom. What is this, what can be done, and will it cause more problems. It doesn't hurt ever, except maybe every 2 months and that pain isn't severe it all it just lets me know it's there, kinda throbbing. only one time has it really hurt when i went to bed pains shot up to my ankle. It is tender to the touch right below it but it fees good to be rubbed when i get my feet massaged. Not a hurt touch.It is very hard, nonmobile, and not soft when poked very hard. Does it have something to do with the achilles or is it totally different. It protrudes so much you can see it from a anatomical position looking down on top of my feet. I just want to know what it is. I've been searching for about 2 years now and no one knows

Re: AICT?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/06/01 at 15:26 (059257)

Certainly does not sound like AICT. Have you had an x-ray or CT scan? Is it getting bigger? Did you ever have trauma such a fracture?
Ed

Aubrey P on 9/06/01 at 16:44 (059277)

Yes I had an xray at the podiatrist and she said it didn't show up. She never told me what it was only 'as long as it doesn't hurt'. It has gotten bigger. When I first notice 2 years ago it wasn't very big. Maybe the size of a pea. I had reflexology and it went away for a short time and came back. It has been the size it is now for a long time. The only trauma was that when I was 20, now 25, I had a car accident and hurt my knee. I had to learn to walk again but nothing broke. Since I have had bad foot pain like plantar's and my foot hurts muscle wise way worse than the right now. I kind of had to readjust or my body did to walk different and maybe that had something to do with it.I took an xray where i work but its very little cause they are dental xrays and I could see a protrusion of a side view but no significant discoloration or change from a view on the top of it. I also have no bone spurs from plantars and they seem to hurt in a slightly different place then plantars patients. not the heel but right above where the pad and middle of foot touch and directly in the arch.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 10:59 (059369)

The probablity that it is a benign growth is very high. Nevertheless, if it is growing in size at a fairly rapid pace I would be tempted to obtain an MRI or biopsy of the growth.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/06/01 at 15:26 (059257)

Certainly does not sound like AICT. Have you had an x-ray or CT scan? Is it getting bigger? Did you ever have trauma such a fracture?
Ed

Aubrey P on 9/06/01 at 16:44 (059277)

Yes I had an xray at the podiatrist and she said it didn't show up. She never told me what it was only 'as long as it doesn't hurt'. It has gotten bigger. When I first notice 2 years ago it wasn't very big. Maybe the size of a pea. I had reflexology and it went away for a short time and came back. It has been the size it is now for a long time. The only trauma was that when I was 20, now 25, I had a car accident and hurt my knee. I had to learn to walk again but nothing broke. Since I have had bad foot pain like plantar's and my foot hurts muscle wise way worse than the right now. I kind of had to readjust or my body did to walk different and maybe that had something to do with it.I took an xray where i work but its very little cause they are dental xrays and I could see a protrusion of a side view but no significant discoloration or change from a view on the top of it. I also have no bone spurs from plantars and they seem to hurt in a slightly different place then plantars patients. not the heel but right above where the pad and middle of foot touch and directly in the arch.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 10:59 (059369)

The probablity that it is a benign growth is very high. Nevertheless, if it is growing in size at a fairly rapid pace I would be tempted to obtain an MRI or biopsy of the growth.
Ed