Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Stress Fracture's question ?

Posted by Regina Brown on 9/06/01 at 16:17 (059271)

HI Carmen,
Just a little more info on everything in regards to the spur and epf surgery. I started seeing this Pod
in Sept.of last yr.due to this PF and so on.I did have all the treatments too such as the taping,numerous injections,wrappings,etc.all to no avail and the epf surgery was decided upon to do in May for sure then.So,I don't really know what is going on but Dr.Z did tell me once it 'may'could take up to a yr.to heal from this procedure and I am still thinking along that line about it but yesterday was a confusing day in regards to the therpist's 'finding'
my spur haha.also,I read the PF Book and saw where perhaps I may be having some stress fracture difficulty from what I can determine,can you or anyone shed some more light on this and what may cause this?? Thanks bunches,Regina

Re: Stress Fracture's question ?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 10:54 (059364)

The best way to understand a stress fracture is to take a paper clip--bend it once, twice, three times--perhaps it breaks on the fourth bend. If I took that paper clip after three bends and handed it to you and asked you what is wrong with it, what would you say?
Ed

Re: Stress Fracture's question ?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/07/01 at 10:54 (059364)

The best way to understand a stress fracture is to take a paper clip--bend it once, twice, three times--perhaps it breaks on the fourth bend. If I took that paper clip after three bends and handed it to you and asked you what is wrong with it, what would you say?
Ed