Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by georgiapeach001 on 9/06/01 at 16:41 (059276)

very active.. own a cleaning service. on my feel all day..bending, reaching, squating etc. rt heel very painful. more around the heel vs under the heel. feels ok when I get up.. a few hours of work, pain begins. resting between houses feels good until I get out of my truck.. then I limp for a while. goes to a dull throb till I stop again. by the end of the day the pain is so bad I limp till I go to bed.. help? suggestions?

Re: Georgia too...

Carmen H on 9/07/01 at 07:31 (059346)

I assume you live here in Georgia? Me to....in Marietta.
I am not a doc but will suggest as I have before many times to new people (I myself was told this) READ the PF Book.
That will give you a LOT of answers! By all means get good shoes and don't go barefoot at all.

Re: heel pain

allen l on 9/07/01 at 18:41 (059419)

I HAVE A SHARP PAIN IN THE HEEL OF MY LEFT FOOT I ALSO HAVE THE PAIN UP THROUGH THE LEFT LEG WHEN I STAND AND WALK IT HURTS EVEN WHEN I SLEEP I TOSS AND TURN AND CAN'T SLEEP GOOD I'AM A ELECTRICAN AND I'AM ON MY FEET FOR OVER 14 HOURS A DAY WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS CAN YOU HELP

Re: Will a doctor respond to this please...

Carmen H on 9/08/01 at 10:45 (059474)

Hi Allen~

I hope you can find some answers here. The best and most important thing to do is find a Podiatrist and get some input from them. The doc will probably want to do an xray and see if you have a heelspur on that foot that is causing you so much pain. I say it every time a new person joins us on this msg. board (I am relatively new too...13 weeks with PF) but read the PF Book. It is the MOST beneficial in helping you figure out what might be happening until you can get to the dr. But DO NOT let this go. It will more than likely not go away without proper attention. The doctors on here will be helpful but you should address them directly.
Good luck,

Re: Georgia too...

Carmen H on 9/07/01 at 07:31 (059346)

I assume you live here in Georgia? Me to....in Marietta.
I am not a doc but will suggest as I have before many times to new people (I myself was told this) READ the PF Book.
That will give you a LOT of answers! By all means get good shoes and don't go barefoot at all.

Re: heel pain

allen l on 9/07/01 at 18:41 (059419)

I HAVE A SHARP PAIN IN THE HEEL OF MY LEFT FOOT I ALSO HAVE THE PAIN UP THROUGH THE LEFT LEG WHEN I STAND AND WALK IT HURTS EVEN WHEN I SLEEP I TOSS AND TURN AND CAN'T SLEEP GOOD I'AM A ELECTRICAN AND I'AM ON MY FEET FOR OVER 14 HOURS A DAY WHAT CAN I DO FOR THIS CAN YOU HELP

Re: Will a doctor respond to this please...

Carmen H on 9/08/01 at 10:45 (059474)

Hi Allen~

I hope you can find some answers here. The best and most important thing to do is find a Podiatrist and get some input from them. The doc will probably want to do an xray and see if you have a heelspur on that foot that is causing you so much pain. I say it every time a new person joins us on this msg. board (I am relatively new too...13 weeks with PF) but read the PF Book. It is the MOST beneficial in helping you figure out what might be happening until you can get to the dr. But DO NOT let this go. It will more than likely not go away without proper attention. The doctors on here will be helpful but you should address them directly.
Good luck,