Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A great way to chat online

Posted by ItaiW on 9/07/01 at 08:01 (059347)

Hi everyone
I have been monitoring this message board fot a while now for a good friend of mine.
I noticed that sometimes it could have been great if some of you can join online in a chat about your problem.
There is a totally free software called mIRC32 that you can install on your computers , with it you can open up a channel about any topic.
It's very easy to use , and this way you can join a channel about heelspurs and talk there.
It's much easier than other web based programs that require Java scripts and the sort.

Just wanted to let you know about it.
Of course if you have questions about it please respond to my post ;-)

Here is the link: http://www.mirc.com
Best of luck to everyone....
Take care.

Re: A great way to chat online

JudyS on 9/07/01 at 09:19 (059354)

Right on you are, Itai......in fact we already do have many on-line 'chats' via AOL's Instant Messaging. You can go to the AOL site, even if you're not an AOL customer, and quickly create an identity and download their free software.......and get started! Everyone here will tell you their 'buddy name' (identity) to put on your list. Mine's Judy1B.

Itaiw on 9/07/01 at 10:10 (059357)

Yes AOL Instant Messaging is a great tool also , it's similar to ICQ.
It would have been great to have your identities posted here so it will be easier to find each other.

Take care.

Itai

john h on 9/07/01 at 11:21 (059374)

Itai: my Instant Messanger screen name is JHolt17238. Lots of people on the board are on Instant Messanger and as Judy says it is used all over the internet not just AOL. It seems there are a lot more ladies on it than guys. I do not know why that is. I assume there are a lot more ladies with PF and they like to chat more. Would you care to share the meaning of your name 'Itai'?

Tammie on 9/07/01 at 11:26 (059376)

Hello I am sparklingeyesx2 ,and yes it is fun to chat with friends, we chat about all sorts of things besides our feet lol! It is a nice feeling to be able to share our lives with people who understand the challenges we face! Hope to see you soon! And Yes I think ladies enjoy talking and we always like to have our gentleman friends to join in also! Tho not many they are the best!

ItaiW on 9/07/01 at 12:44 (059388)

Thanks for all your replies.
I created a new screen name in AOL and I would be grateful if all the people here can send me a message so I can add them to my AIM.
It will be much easier for me to share info with you this way.

My screen name is Blacksteel25.

Thanks again

Itai

Carmel M on 9/07/01 at 16:25 (059407)

I just got my screen name. It is sipesx5.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Carmel

john h on 9/08/01 at 11:40 (059488)

ok blacksteel i saw you on IM but you disappeared so fast i could not send you a message. you got to hang around longer than that.

Re: Itai

john h on 9/08/01 at 14:22 (059504)

Itai recently posted and i wondered about his name. Today i found hiim on IM. He is a 24 year old Israeli citiizen visiting in Florida. Although we are generations apart we had very much in common and a lot to talk about. He served 4 years in the Israeli Air Force and is highly informed about my favorite subject of flying. What a very nice young man. I hope to stay in touch with him when he returns home. Now i have friends in canada,england,australia,and coast to coast in the u.s.a. people with so much diversity,fun, smarts, and charm it is hard to imagine. is not the internet wonderful. i remember when my friends were confined to the city limits.

JudyS on 9/07/01 at 09:19 (059354)

Right on you are, Itai......in fact we already do have many on-line 'chats' via AOL's Instant Messaging. You can go to the AOL site, even if you're not an AOL customer, and quickly create an identity and download their free software.......and get started! Everyone here will tell you their 'buddy name' (identity) to put on your list. Mine's Judy1B.

Itaiw on 9/07/01 at 10:10 (059357)

Yes AOL Instant Messaging is a great tool also , it's similar to ICQ.
It would have been great to have your identities posted here so it will be easier to find each other.

Take care.

Itai

john h on 9/07/01 at 11:21 (059374)

Itai: my Instant Messanger screen name is JHolt17238. Lots of people on the board are on Instant Messanger and as Judy says it is used all over the internet not just AOL. It seems there are a lot more ladies on it than guys. I do not know why that is. I assume there are a lot more ladies with PF and they like to chat more. Would you care to share the meaning of your name 'Itai'?

Tammie on 9/07/01 at 11:26 (059376)

Hello I am sparklingeyesx2 ,and yes it is fun to chat with friends, we chat about all sorts of things besides our feet lol! It is a nice feeling to be able to share our lives with people who understand the challenges we face! Hope to see you soon! And Yes I think ladies enjoy talking and we always like to have our gentleman friends to join in also! Tho not many they are the best!

ItaiW on 9/07/01 at 12:44 (059388)

Thanks for all your replies.
I created a new screen name in AOL and I would be grateful if all the people here can send me a message so I can add them to my AIM.
It will be much easier for me to share info with you this way.

My screen name is Blacksteel25.

Thanks again

Itai

Carmel M on 9/07/01 at 16:25 (059407)

I just got my screen name. It is sipesx5.

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Carmel

john h on 9/08/01 at 11:40 (059488)

ok blacksteel i saw you on IM but you disappeared so fast i could not send you a message. you got to hang around longer than that.

Re: Itai

john h on 9/08/01 at 14:22 (059504)

Itai recently posted and i wondered about his name. Today i found hiim on IM. He is a 24 year old Israeli citiizen visiting in Florida. Although we are generations apart we had very much in common and a lot to talk about. He served 4 years in the Israeli Air Force and is highly informed about my favorite subject of flying. What a very nice young man. I hope to stay in touch with him when he returns home. Now i have friends in canada,england,australia,and coast to coast in the u.s.a. people with so much diversity,fun, smarts, and charm it is hard to imagine. is not the internet wonderful. i remember when my friends were confined to the city limits.