Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Unknown bump or mark on Toe

Posted by Tonya R. on 9/07/01 at 13:58 (059397)

I have had this mark on top of the toe next to my pinky toe for a while now. I thought it was a corn or callus or something but it is not that hard. It is unusually dark and I have tried to shave or snip it off. When I would do this, it would get lighter for like about a day or two and then it would resume its dark color again. Is there anything I can do to treat it? What could it be? I cant afford a doctor at the moment with no insurance. I live in NY...any recommendations even for an affordable one?

Re: Unknown bump or mark on Toe

ellen w on 9/07/01 at 14:23 (059400)

If you live in New York City, you can call one of the city hospitals -- Kings County in Brooklyn, for example, and request to be connected to the dermatology or foot clinic. Ask what the fee is, if there is a sliding fee, and if so, what the fee would be given your income level. In Manhattan, Beth Israel Medical Center has several walk-in clinics that charge relatively reasonable fees. Your main expense may be for a biopsy if the doc decides this mark needs to be tested further.
ellen

Re: Unknown bump or mark on Toe

ellen w on 9/07/01 at 14:23 (059400)

If you live in New York City, you can call one of the city hospitals -- Kings County in Brooklyn, for example, and request to be connected to the dermatology or foot clinic. Ask what the fee is, if there is a sliding fee, and if so, what the fee would be given your income level. In Manhattan, Beth Israel Medical Center has several walk-in clinics that charge relatively reasonable fees. Your main expense may be for a biopsy if the doc decides this mark needs to be tested further.
ellen