Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstock website

Posted by Kim K. on 9/07/01 at 16:05 (059406)

I recently bought my first pair of Birks, arizona style and I am getting used to them. I bought them locally and paid $90+tax. I would like to buy another pair or 2 in different colors and save some money.Every time I try the German website for Birks at a discount that has been mentioned on this site I have trouble navigating and just give up. Has anyone else had trouble shopping on that German site for Birks?

Re: Birkenstock website

Julie on 9/07/01 at 16:58 (059410)

Kim, are you using Netscape? The home page of the site says that it works best with Internet Explorer and has bugs with Netscape.

If you are using IE and are still having problems, please say what they are and someone who has used the site may be able to help you. Alternatively, e-mail them for advice - they are usually quick to respond, and very helpful.

Barbara TX on 9/07/01 at 17:23 (059414)

The Birkenstock website (when I last used it) has an option very far down on the first page to use non-Java or no frames (can't remember which). The site is easier to navigate when you choose that option. Good luck to you! B.

BG CPed on 9/07/01 at 18:22 (059416)

Did you check the language setting. You have to go into properties and click on farfenugen. If not you may need to install a language transponder card. This is also a problem with most sites that originate in Canada. Since Canada is mostly eskimos and lumberjacks the market is not large enough to warrant most pc makers to include the card with the machines.

If not mistaken only computers sold within 50 miles of the US border have these language conversion items installed.

wendyn on 9/07/01 at 21:55 (059442)

BGCped - didn't I invite you up here for a visit the last time you took shots at Canadian's.

Eh?

BG CPed on 9/07/01 at 22:26 (059447)

I was waiting for you to catch that one. Im cool with Canada, just dont like all those damn 'ICE-BACKS' comin over here stealing our jobs.
I am actually going to go skiing in Quebec this year (if i can get out)

Good trip 5 days, bus, lift tickets, condo, food and a few parties all for under $500 US.

Re: Birkenstock website.. How long until Birks arrive?

Lisa C on 9/08/01 at 03:28 (059451)

I ordered Birks from the German site on Aug 17 and still have not received them. I have checked my order and all I can get from the site is 'STATUS:processed and shipped' & 'PROCESSED:1'. Anyone know if it takes this long or how to get more info from the site. I do not see where I would email anyone at the site.

nancy s. on 9/08/01 at 07:02 (059454)

hi lisa,
did you order them via the more expensive air shipping, or ground (and water) shipping? if the latter, which is what i did, it takes four to six weeks for them to arrive. mine took the whole six weeks, maybe even a little longer.
there is a place on the website to email them -- i can't remember where it is, but i did start emailing them when mine hadn't arrived, and they were very responsive. keep looking; i know the email address is there somewhere. i'll look back in my emails to see if i still have ones from them, and if i do i'll post the email address here.
but don't worry -- they'll arrive!
nancy

nancy s. on 9/08/01 at 07:15 (059455)

lisa, i found an email i had from Birkenstock germany when i was worrying just like you!

their email address is: birkenstock-cn@t-online.de

good luck -- they should be able to tell you approximately how much longer it'll take for your birks to arrive.

nancy

Barbara TX on 9/08/01 at 13:07 (059493)

I ordered 'rush shipping' and it still took three weeks. A months seems normal to me. B

Lisa C. on 9/09/01 at 03:14 (059590)

I opted for the cheaper shipping. I will look for my sandals to arrive when it starts raining. THANKS!! to all who answered my question. I used the email addy too. I had no idea it would take so long. If you order for children better allow for growth! I guess I am just spoiled by all my ebaying and our 2 day priority mail! THANKS AGAIN!!

Re: try this Birkenstock website!

Kathy C. on 9/19/01 at 18:25 (060997)

Try this website: http://www.birkenstockexpress.com

I'm lucky enough to live in Eugene, OR, where the local Birkenstock store has the largest in-store selection of shoes anywhere in the U.S. Its parent company runs the website, the selection is awesome, and delivery times should be much better than awaiting deliveries from Germany. I saw the dressier models today at the store and they are quite nice.

Thanks to you all for the informative discussions; my PF has flared up again and having achieved no relief several years ago from physical therapy, anti-inflammatories, shots, orthotics, etc., I thought I'd get into my Birks full-time. I'll keep you posted (pun intended . . .)

Julie on 9/07/01 at 16:58 (059410)

Kim, are you using Netscape? The home page of the site says that it works best with Internet Explorer and has bugs with Netscape.

If you are using IE and are still having problems, please say what they are and someone who has used the site may be able to help you. Alternatively, e-mail them for advice - they are usually quick to respond, and very helpful.

Barbara TX on 9/07/01 at 17:23 (059414)

The Birkenstock website (when I last used it) has an option very far down on the first page to use non-Java or no frames (can't remember which). The site is easier to navigate when you choose that option. Good luck to you! B.

BG CPed on 9/07/01 at 18:22 (059416)

Did you check the language setting. You have to go into properties and click on farfenugen. If not you may need to install a language transponder card. This is also a problem with most sites that originate in Canada. Since Canada is mostly eskimos and lumberjacks the market is not large enough to warrant most pc makers to include the card with the machines.

If not mistaken only computers sold within 50 miles of the US border have these language conversion items installed.

wendyn on 9/07/01 at 21:55 (059442)

BGCped - didn't I invite you up here for a visit the last time you took shots at Canadian's.

Eh?

BG CPed on 9/07/01 at 22:26 (059447)

I was waiting for you to catch that one. Im cool with Canada, just dont like all those damn 'ICE-BACKS' comin over here stealing our jobs.
I am actually going to go skiing in Quebec this year (if i can get out)

Good trip 5 days, bus, lift tickets, condo, food and a few parties all for under $500 US.

Lisa C on 9/08/01 at 03:28 (059451)

I ordered Birks from the German site on Aug 17 and still have not received them. I have checked my order and all I can get from the site is 'STATUS:processed and shipped' & 'PROCESSED:1'. Anyone know if it takes this long or how to get more info from the site. I do not see where I would email anyone at the site.

nancy s. on 9/08/01 at 07:02 (059454)

hi lisa,
did you order them via the more expensive air shipping, or ground (and water) shipping? if the latter, which is what i did, it takes four to six weeks for them to arrive. mine took the whole six weeks, maybe even a little longer.
there is a place on the website to email them -- i can't remember where it is, but i did start emailing them when mine hadn't arrived, and they were very responsive. keep looking; i know the email address is there somewhere. i'll look back in my emails to see if i still have ones from them, and if i do i'll post the email address here.
but don't worry -- they'll arrive!
nancy

nancy s. on 9/08/01 at 07:15 (059455)

lisa, i found an email i had from Birkenstock germany when i was worrying just like you!

their email address is: birkenstock-cn@t-online.de

good luck -- they should be able to tell you approximately how much longer it'll take for your birks to arrive.

nancy

Barbara TX on 9/08/01 at 13:07 (059493)

I ordered 'rush shipping' and it still took three weeks. A months seems normal to me. B

Lisa C. on 9/09/01 at 03:14 (059590)

I opted for the cheaper shipping. I will look for my sandals to arrive when it starts raining. THANKS!! to all who answered my question. I used the email addy too. I had no idea it would take so long. If you order for children better allow for growth! I guess I am just spoiled by all my ebaying and our 2 day priority mail! THANKS AGAIN!!

Re: try this Birkenstock website!

Kathy C. on 9/19/01 at 18:25 (060997)

Try this website: http://www.birkenstockexpress.com

I'm lucky enough to live in Eugene, OR, where the local Birkenstock store has the largest in-store selection of shoes anywhere in the U.S. Its parent company runs the website, the selection is awesome, and delivery times should be much better than awaiting deliveries from Germany. I saw the dressier models today at the store and they are quite nice.

Thanks to you all for the informative discussions; my PF has flared up again and having achieved no relief several years ago from physical therapy, anti-inflammatories, shots, orthotics, etc., I thought I'd get into my Birks full-time. I'll keep you posted (pun intended . . .)