Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ALERT!! My Credit Card numbers were stolen!

Posted by Valerie S on 9/07/01 at 18:31 (059417)

Hello friends.

Yesterday, my husband and I realized that someone used our debit cards to access multiple adult websites, resulting in numerous fraudulent charges to our checking account. $19.95, $19.95, $19.95, $19.95, $4.99, $159.91, $99.99, etc...
(there were many...) Luckily, we will get the money back from the bank (in their sweet time of course), and hopefully they can find the person who did it.

One of the vendors told me the person's email address was obelisk@yahoo.com . This same operator read my home address to me over the phone, so this person has more than just my card numbers.

Just an alert... we may have made 3 or 4 online purchases over the last year, and we thought we were being extra careful about who we bought stuff from. Now we had to block our card numbers and wait 2 weeks for new cards.

The bank is investigating, but I sure wish there was a way for me to get back at this person anonymously! (Since he already knows where I live! aaargh... hee hee).

Take Care, and Beware -- Val.
P.S: feet are still improving with Jade Balm, stretching, night splints, ice, and the occasional Motrin.

Re: ALERT!! My Credit Card numbers were stolen!

Scott R on 9/07/01 at 18:38 (059418)

Valerie, did you buy anything from heelspurs.com?

Valerie S on 9/07/01 at 18:44 (059422)

No, I did not.

I was not even implying that this happened through your site... just warning friends of the potential of people being so bad bad bad...

Valerie S on 9/07/01 at 18:48 (059425)

I also didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't love to be able to own all the footstuff you sell here... my insurance paid for the night splint and the Jade was free... I still encourage everyone to buy stuff here, of course. We trust you, Scott!

I just wish I knew who this obelisk@yahoo.com person was and how he got my info. I know it wasn't from heelspurs.com...

Val.

Scott R on 9/07/01 at 18:57 (059426)

I was just trying to make sure hackers weren't somehow abusing my system.

Laurie R on 9/07/01 at 19:29 (059428)

Hello Val,
This really sucks , I know this happens all the time . But it just sucks that their are so many evil people in the world , but the good out weight the bad by all means . I hope they catch the person or persons who did this ,you know they do sometimes ... About the email address ,anyone can open and close email address anytime so that probably does not mean anything ,most of these kinds of people know what they are doing.

I am glad your foot is doing better...Miss ya Val ...

Laurie R

Re: Hi Val

Carmen H on 9/08/01 at 10:54 (059476)

You know when bad things happen to me I think of it like this...the better I am to myself and others the more likely I will get through the bad things stronger and with a BIG lesson in life. PLUS I truly believe in Karma...so don't wish bad on this person....it will come back to them in some form or other.
Who knows...maybe the higher power will feel that they need a dose of PF or heelspurs and they will come here and post and we won't be able to help them???
Naw...we're all too kind...
;-)
Regardless I'm sorry for the hassle you are going through....what a pain in the rear!

Beverly on 9/08/01 at 20:04 (059550)

Val,

You certainly don't need this extra stress. Glad you caught this early.
I've always been afraid of buying anything over the web. No matter how reputable the site, I never buy online. Of course, I'm not sure how much safer doing it over the phone is, but at least then you're only dealing with one person.
Hope this is put to rest soon,
Beverly

Scott R on 9/07/01 at 18:38 (059418)

Valerie, did you buy anything from heelspurs.com?

Valerie S on 9/07/01 at 18:44 (059422)

No, I did not.

I was not even implying that this happened through your site... just warning friends of the potential of people being so bad bad bad...

Valerie S on 9/07/01 at 18:48 (059425)

I also didn't mean to imply that I wouldn't love to be able to own all the footstuff you sell here... my insurance paid for the night splint and the Jade was free... I still encourage everyone to buy stuff here, of course. We trust you, Scott!

I just wish I knew who this obelisk@yahoo.com person was and how he got my info. I know it wasn't from heelspurs.com...

Val.

Scott R on 9/07/01 at 18:57 (059426)

I was just trying to make sure hackers weren't somehow abusing my system.

Laurie R on 9/07/01 at 19:29 (059428)

Hello Val,
This really sucks , I know this happens all the time . But it just sucks that their are so many evil people in the world , but the good out weight the bad by all means . I hope they catch the person or persons who did this ,you know they do sometimes ... About the email address ,anyone can open and close email address anytime so that probably does not mean anything ,most of these kinds of people know what they are doing.

I am glad your foot is doing better...Miss ya Val ...

Laurie R

Carmen H on 9/08/01 at 10:54 (059476)

You know when bad things happen to me I think of it like this...the better I am to myself and others the more likely I will get through the bad things stronger and with a BIG lesson in life. PLUS I truly believe in Karma...so don't wish bad on this person....it will come back to them in some form or other.
Who knows...maybe the higher power will feel that they need a dose of PF or heelspurs and they will come here and post and we won't be able to help them???
Naw...we're all too kind...
;-)
Regardless I'm sorry for the hassle you are going through....what a pain in the rear!

Beverly on 9/08/01 at 20:04 (059550)

Val,

You certainly don't need this extra stress. Glad you caught this early.
I've always been afraid of buying anything over the web. No matter how reputable the site, I never buy online. Of course, I'm not sure how much safer doing it over the phone is, but at least then you're only dealing with one person.
Hope this is put to rest soon,
Beverly