Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I'm a SUCCESS STORY!

Posted by Eve on 9/07/01 at 21:28 (059437)

I'm here to cheer everyone up! Had PF 2/3 release surgery in left heel one year ago. Took it REAL easy and didn't try running until two months ago, and the first two weeks I first just walked for ten minutes. Couple weeks later I started jogging ten minutes then walking ten. Now I'm running 25 and walking 5! All of this is on my treadmill, and I've slowly moved up my speed. My advice is to plan on a year recovery, but it's worth it! With patience, I am running again, pain-free, and I'm glad I had the surgery.

Re: I'm a SUCCESS STORY!

Tammie on 9/08/01 at 09:26 (059464)

Oh Eve it is so refreshing to hear a GOOD ending! You go girl! I am so very happy for you I hope you have seen the end of that pf monster! But take care to not over do it! Thanks for the post it gives some hope to all of us anxiously waiting! Thanks and a big hug to u on your success (((((((hugs))))) Continued luck in your success!

Barbara TX on 9/08/01 at 13:03 (059492)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for 'reporting back to us.' We really need to hear some happy surgery stories every once in awhile. It is always a relief to hear that surgery can work. I am delighted you are better! B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/01 at 08:34 (059703)

Hi,

Neuroma pain can be like a tooth ache of the foot. Wider shoes, local
steriod injections ( not too many can cause damage to the fat pad)
and alcohol injections can be either a cure or great improvement.

Surgery is effective for the burning or cramping and of course pain in the
foot. Some people will have multiple interspaces. I only will remove
one at a time. Yes they can regrow and need either additional treatment or
surgery. So if you are in pain and have tried everything then surgery
is a something that can help you.

Paula G. on 9/12/01 at 07:55 (059947)

So glad to hear of your success! I am having the surgery in two days and am between nervous and anxious. I am anxious to get it over and hopefully begin my road to recovery at last instead of the chronic horrible pain.
You get a big thumbs up~

Gail B on 9/14/01 at 22:21 (060410)

CoNGRATULATIONS! I too had success with this surgery in one foot but not the other, and am now looking for a good doctor with experience with this. Where do you live?

Kim K. on 9/16/01 at 17:44 (060614)

Hi Paula, Saw your posting that you are having the PF release, I hope it went well for you, I am seriously thinking of having EPF very soon, my PF is in both feet and I have tried all of the conservative treatments. My third podiatrist says all I have to do is say when and I can schedule the surgery. I am waiting to hear from my insurance about ESWT, but I am losing patience. I will e-mail you soon. Good Luck! Kim K.

Eve on 9/17/01 at 19:16 (060793)

Hi again Gail,

I'm in Bethesda MD near DC. Good luck!

Tammie on 9/08/01 at 09:26 (059464)

Oh Eve it is so refreshing to hear a GOOD ending! You go girl! I am so very happy for you I hope you have seen the end of that pf monster! But take care to not over do it! Thanks for the post it gives some hope to all of us anxiously waiting! Thanks and a big hug to u on your success (((((((hugs))))) Continued luck in your success!

Barbara TX on 9/08/01 at 13:03 (059492)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for 'reporting back to us.' We really need to hear some happy surgery stories every once in awhile. It is always a relief to hear that surgery can work. I am delighted you are better! B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/01 at 08:34 (059703)

Hi,

Neuroma pain can be like a tooth ache of the foot. Wider shoes, local
steriod injections ( not too many can cause damage to the fat pad)
and alcohol injections can be either a cure or great improvement.

Surgery is effective for the burning or cramping and of course pain in the
foot. Some people will have multiple interspaces. I only will remove
one at a time. Yes they can regrow and need either additional treatment or
surgery. So if you are in pain and have tried everything then surgery
is a something that can help you.

Paula G. on 9/12/01 at 07:55 (059947)

So glad to hear of your success! I am having the surgery in two days and am between nervous and anxious. I am anxious to get it over and hopefully begin my road to recovery at last instead of the chronic horrible pain.
You get a big thumbs up~

Gail B on 9/14/01 at 22:21 (060410)

CoNGRATULATIONS! I too had success with this surgery in one foot but not the other, and am now looking for a good doctor with experience with this. Where do you live?

Kim K. on 9/16/01 at 17:44 (060614)

Hi Paula, Saw your posting that you are having the PF release, I hope it went well for you, I am seriously thinking of having EPF very soon, my PF is in both feet and I have tried all of the conservative treatments. My third podiatrist says all I have to do is say when and I can schedule the surgery. I am waiting to hear from my insurance about ESWT, but I am losing patience. I will e-mail you soon. Good Luck! Kim K.

Eve on 9/17/01 at 19:16 (060793)

Hi again Gail,

I'm in Bethesda MD near DC. Good luck!