Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in sole of foot

Posted by Marge D. on 9/08/01 at 01:31 (059449)

I have a pain on the bottom of my foot. It does not seem the same as described by others, i.e., plantar fascitis. The pain is not at the heel but rather at or across the arch of my foot just behind the ball of my foot. Any idea what causes this? Suggested cures?
Thanks,
Marge D.

Re: Pain in sole of foot

D.Thomas on 9/08/01 at 14:40 (059508)

Marge,

I am sure one of the doctors will respond soon, but I would just like to note that Plantar Fascitis can happen anywhere on the fascia. I have pain on the medial band of the fascia which is the main band of the fascia that is connected from your heel to your big toe. The pain is actually in the arch. Most of the people with Plantar Fascitis have it around the heel, but not all of us do.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/08/01 at 19:44 (059539)

Your observation about plantar fasciitis occuring anywhere in the fascia is a very good one. That could be the case for Marge but it would take more information to be more certain. Is the pain worse upon arising in the morning?
Ed

Marge D. on 9/09/01 at 09:25 (059605)

The pain is worst during and immediately after exercise. As I mentioned earlier, the tender area runs across the sole near the front portion of the arch. Thanks for your help.
MD

D.Thomas on 9/08/01 at 14:40 (059508)

Marge,

I am sure one of the doctors will respond soon, but I would just like to note that Plantar Fascitis can happen anywhere on the fascia. I have pain on the medial band of the fascia which is the main band of the fascia that is connected from your heel to your big toe. The pain is actually in the arch. Most of the people with Plantar Fascitis have it around the heel, but not all of us do.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/08/01 at 19:44 (059539)

Your observation about plantar fasciitis occuring anywhere in the fascia is a very good one. That could be the case for Marge but it would take more information to be more certain. Is the pain worse upon arising in the morning?
Ed

Marge D. on 9/09/01 at 09:25 (059605)

The pain is worst during and immediately after exercise. As I mentioned earlier, the tender area runs across the sole near the front portion of the arch. Thanks for your help.
MD