Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Join me for a glass of wine, anyone??!!

Posted by Carmel M on 9/08/01 at 19:35 (059532)

It's been a long day and still a while before the kids have to go to bed, so I thought I'd do a little early relaxing and have a glass of wine. My day started WAY too early for a Saturday. I guess soccer for the boys takes precedence over sleeping in! I forgot my chair, but should have know I wouldn't be able to use it anyway, since my 13 month old girl keeps me running (or at least trying to walk fast!) to catch her before she heads to the parking lot.

So we get home and it's lunch time (more time on my poor aching foot.) Then I needed to wash a few loads of laundry (but I did sit in between loads and while folding.) Then thankfully, time for baby to nap. I checked the message board and had a nice chat with Itai before the baby woke up. More laundry then I picked up toys...again!! Before I got really serious about not going bare footed, I never stepped on anything (toys and such) but now that I wear shoes in the house, I find myself stepping on things constantly! Quite honestly I'm kind of worried about breaking an ankle or something!

So now it's dinner time, and my feet (yes both) are killing me! So I simply heated left-overs. Then more standing while I clean up the kitchen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have one more 'member' of the family who has to spend some time indoors, temporarily. Our dog had his dew claws removed and when the bandages were removed and the stitches taken out, his poor paws were red and sore. So the vet said 'keep them dry' and since it's been raining her or just plain humid, it's too wet for him to stay outside. So, that's just one more 'person' I have to step around!!

Where was I? Oh yea, dishes are done, out came the wine and here I am!!
Seriously though, I think my day to day living is what is hindering the healing process of the PF. I have on occassion just sat on the couch most of the day, but I can't do that forever...can I?!!!

Hope you all had a good day, and I wish you were here so we could all have a glass of wine and b**ch about the pain in our feet :)

Take care.
Carmel

Re: Join me for a glass of wine, anyone??!!

Suzanne D on 9/08/01 at 20:00 (059545)

Yes, Carmel, the day to day living makes it hard to be able to rest and recuperate, doesn't it? And I am sure you have heard the old rhyme, 'A man works from sun to sun, but women's work is never done!' (Now let me quickly say that I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot with any of the nice gentlemen who post on this board!!) :-) It sounds like you have a family who really needs you! How old are your boys? I DO remember how a 13 month old can keep you hopping! I think often of you young mothers who have written and marvel at how you keep going with PF. I hope you got to relax some tonight, and I hope tomorrow is a little easier for you! Thanks for replying to my message!

JudyS on 9/08/01 at 21:54 (059563)

Carmel - may I have two glasses, please? I just put my baby on a plane bound for college in London......

Carmel M on 9/08/01 at 22:07 (059567)

Hi Suzanne,

My boys and 7 1/2 and 5 years old, and I run after them as much as the baby!!

Just a little confession...I had two glasses of wine while relaxing ;)

Thanks for your reply and have a great tomorrow.

Carmel

Carmel on 9/08/01 at 22:09 (059568)

Oh my Judy, I think I'd rather be chasing mine around the house than chasing them around the world!! I hope all goes well for your 'baby' in London...and yes, you may have two glassed of wine. heck why don't we just drink the whole bottle?!!

Take care

carmel

JudyS on 9/08/01 at 22:17 (059570)

I've just uncorked an emergency bottle of Chardonney, Carmel. I think it's going to be a long night!

Carmel M on 9/08/01 at 22:29 (059572)

I agree!!

Re: Join me for a glass of wine, anyone??!!/Oh Judy!!

Donna M on 9/09/01 at 01:08 (059578)

Oh Judy bless your heart!! I can imagine how you feel! It was horrible when my daughter, son-in-law and grandson went to Oklahoma for four months! I went out there 2 times while they were there and it is a 15 hour drive! But I cannot imagine either of my children going that far away!! Does wine come in kegs? If so, you need a couple!!!
When will he get to come back home or will you go to visit him?
Oh, my heart goes out to you!!

Barbara TX on 9/09/01 at 13:05 (059631)

Judy, how did you put your baby on the plane! My oldest is six and I get lonesome for him when he goes out with his papa for 2 hours... How will I do that? B.

Suzanne D on 9/08/01 at 20:00 (059545)

Yes, Carmel, the day to day living makes it hard to be able to rest and recuperate, doesn't it? And I am sure you have heard the old rhyme, 'A man works from sun to sun, but women's work is never done!' (Now let me quickly say that I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot with any of the nice gentlemen who post on this board!!) :-) It sounds like you have a family who really needs you! How old are your boys? I DO remember how a 13 month old can keep you hopping! I think often of you young mothers who have written and marvel at how you keep going with PF. I hope you got to relax some tonight, and I hope tomorrow is a little easier for you! Thanks for replying to my message!

JudyS on 9/08/01 at 21:54 (059563)

Carmel - may I have two glasses, please? I just put my baby on a plane bound for college in London......

Carmel M on 9/08/01 at 22:07 (059567)

Hi Suzanne,

My boys and 7 1/2 and 5 years old, and I run after them as much as the baby!!

Just a little confession...I had two glasses of wine while relaxing ;)

Thanks for your reply and have a great tomorrow.

Carmel

Carmel on 9/08/01 at 22:09 (059568)

Oh my Judy, I think I'd rather be chasing mine around the house than chasing them around the world!! I hope all goes well for your 'baby' in London...and yes, you may have two glassed of wine. heck why don't we just drink the whole bottle?!!

Take care

carmel

JudyS on 9/08/01 at 22:17 (059570)

I've just uncorked an emergency bottle of Chardonney, Carmel. I think it's going to be a long night!

Carmel M on 9/08/01 at 22:29 (059572)

I agree!!

Re: Join me for a glass of wine, anyone??!!/Oh Judy!!

Donna M on 9/09/01 at 01:08 (059578)

Oh Judy bless your heart!! I can imagine how you feel! It was horrible when my daughter, son-in-law and grandson went to Oklahoma for four months! I went out there 2 times while they were there and it is a 15 hour drive! But I cannot imagine either of my children going that far away!! Does wine come in kegs? If so, you need a couple!!!
When will he get to come back home or will you go to visit him?
Oh, my heart goes out to you!!

Barbara TX on 9/09/01 at 13:05 (059631)

Judy, how did you put your baby on the plane! My oldest is six and I get lonesome for him when he goes out with his papa for 2 hours... How will I do that? B.