Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

JULIE!! I found something on Piriformus stretch...

Posted by Carmen H on 9/08/01 at 19:39 (059535)

Okay remember when i was trying (in vain) to explain that Piriformus stretch to you? Well guess what? I found the darn thing on the internet.
YES I am excited and surprised b/c I am trying desperately to find the treatment for this dreaed PS...and I am noticing that there is more awareness then there was before I self diagnosed three years ago.
Here it is....

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/piri.2.html

the piriformis syndrome

Place the right knee on the ground roughly in line with your left shoulder
The right foot should be just in front of the left knee
Press your hips towards the ground so that your bodyweight is on your right leg.
As you move down the right knee comes closer to the left shoulder.
You should feel a gentle pull deep in the right hip / buttocks.

Re: JULIE!! I found something on Piriformus stretch...

Julie on 9/09/01 at 01:33 (059582)

Carmen, help. I can't make sense of the instructions. What is the starting position?

Julie on 9/09/01 at 02:11 (059588)

Carmen, never mind: I've got it now. I've looked at the illustration on the site (didn't want to access it right then because I didn't want to lose 'Recent Messages' - that always happens when I stray inadvertently from heelspurs.com). I''ll try it: thanks.

Julie on 9/09/01 at 01:33 (059582)

Carmen, help. I can't make sense of the instructions. What is the starting position?

Julie on 9/09/01 at 02:11 (059588)

Carmen, never mind: I've got it now. I've looked at the illustration on the site (didn't want to access it right then because I didn't want to lose 'Recent Messages' - that always happens when I stray inadvertently from heelspurs.com). I''ll try it: thanks.