Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hit by the tech wreck

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 9/08/01 at 19:53 (059541)

My DSL provider, Savvis, uses Rhythyms as their backbone. Rhythyms went bankrupt and Savvis will be discontinuing my internet connection on Monday, Sept. 10. The competitors: Northpoint-bankrupt and no longer offering service, others gone. Only the telcos remain-- Quest, but they do not cover my area. Will look into cable modem, satellite...maybe use dial up service in interim.
Ed

Re: hit by the tech wreck

Julie on 9/09/01 at 01:37 (059583)

Please find something, Ed. Don't desert us!

Nancy N on 9/09/01 at 08:53 (059602)

Ed--

There is a list of free ISPs at http://www.ispnut.com/ I don't know how good they are, but you might be able to use one of them until you find a replacement for your DSL service. Good luck, and please don't be gone for long!!

JudyS on 9/09/01 at 11:05 (059614)

Ditto Nancy and Julie, Dr. Davis - we like you a bunch so here's to retaining some sort of connection! (perhaps two soup cans at the opposite ends of a long piece of twine?)

Lisa C. on 9/09/01 at 13:08 (059632)

We have all learned from reading your posts. Thank you for your time you took to answer questions. You are a part of heelspurs! I hope to see more of your responses soon!! Darn modern technology!!

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/12/01 at 22:38 (060068)

Just got new DSL service by a small local company that services the Tacoma, WA and Santa Rosa, CA areas, Advanced Telecom Group (ATG). They are awesome! They provisioned service in less than one week with exceptional efficiency. If they ever go public, this will be one tech stock to buy.
Ed

Julie on 9/09/01 at 01:37 (059583)

Please find something, Ed. Don't desert us!

Nancy N on 9/09/01 at 08:53 (059602)

Ed--

There is a list of free ISPs at http://www.ispnut.com/ I don't know how good they are, but you might be able to use one of them until you find a replacement for your DSL service. Good luck, and please don't be gone for long!!

JudyS on 9/09/01 at 11:05 (059614)

Ditto Nancy and Julie, Dr. Davis - we like you a bunch so here's to retaining some sort of connection! (perhaps two soup cans at the opposite ends of a long piece of twine?)

Lisa C. on 9/09/01 at 13:08 (059632)

We have all learned from reading your posts. Thank you for your time you took to answer questions. You are a part of heelspurs! I hope to see more of your responses soon!! Darn modern technology!!

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/12/01 at 22:38 (060068)

Just got new DSL service by a small local company that services the Tacoma, WA and Santa Rosa, CA areas, Advanced Telecom Group (ATG). They are awesome! They provisioned service in less than one week with exceptional efficiency. If they ever go public, this will be one tech stock to buy.
Ed