Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

why I have been off the board for some time

Posted by clara on 9/09/01 at 06:34 (059592)

Hello heelspurs-friends!

I´m still here! I have not posted a lot in the past week and that´s because I´m working, working and working. Well, half-time. And I don´t have that much pain! Though, I promise - I will take it easy, I know how it is to have set-backs...
I am so happy for this little pain-free time, I DO hope that it´ll stay but I´m still afraid for set-backs.

But I really am happy to know that you are out there!

Hugs

Clara

I don't know how often I'll be able to for a while--occasionally, to be sure, but probably not as often as before. I have been in orientation this week for my new job.

Re: why I have been off the board for some time

Julie on 9/09/01 at 06:47 (059593)

Hello Clara

You have a new job? That's exciting! Tell us a little about it before you disappear.

You are the second person I have 'spoken' to in Sweden this morning. The other is another friend of mine, a fellow Crete-lover, who lives in Malmo.

All the best, Julie

Clara on 9/09/01 at 12:13 (059622)

Hi Julie and thanks for your post! Wow - two swedish people at the same day! Well, I have got a new librarian-job at the same library here in Orebro, it´s rather far away from Malmo. My new job, I think suits me perfect! I now mostly works with old and handicapped people, and I love it!
My feet is not hurting me at all sometimes, and I feel fantastic - and thankful!!!! But I will NOT go away!!

All the best to you too

Clara

Tammie on 9/09/01 at 12:21 (059624)

Clara, What a wonderful job , it sounds like a lovely way of meeting some very warm and wonderful people. I love working with the elderly and handicap it makes you feel so good and it is good to give a little back! I hope you have continued relief with your feet! And glad to hear u have something special to do! Good luck with the new job and hope the feet behave!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 01:56 (059820)

Thanks Tammie !
And yes I agree with you - this work feels good for me.
Do you work with elderly and handicapped too?
Clara

Re: Clara,

Tammie on 9/11/01 at 08:17 (059843)

Yes the elderly but at one time I worked with handicapped children, they closed facility so went to the elderly. My trouble was I could not seperate from the kids I wanted to take them all home with me to love, my hubby used to worry we would have a house overflowed with children lol. It really is a wonderful area to work and they need people who look past the obvious and see the heart inside and love and care for them with that in your eyes not the obvious. I wish you great sucesss and even more I wish and hope that you find great enjoyment. Hugs to u !

Julie on 9/09/01 at 06:47 (059593)

Hello Clara

You have a new job? That's exciting! Tell us a little about it before you disappear.

You are the second person I have 'spoken' to in Sweden this morning. The other is another friend of mine, a fellow Crete-lover, who lives in Malmo.

All the best, Julie

Clara on 9/09/01 at 12:13 (059622)

Hi Julie and thanks for your post! Wow - two swedish people at the same day! Well, I have got a new librarian-job at the same library here in Orebro, it´s rather far away from Malmo. My new job, I think suits me perfect! I now mostly works with old and handicapped people, and I love it!
My feet is not hurting me at all sometimes, and I feel fantastic - and thankful!!!! But I will NOT go away!!

All the best to you too

Clara

Tammie on 9/09/01 at 12:21 (059624)

Clara, What a wonderful job , it sounds like a lovely way of meeting some very warm and wonderful people. I love working with the elderly and handicap it makes you feel so good and it is good to give a little back! I hope you have continued relief with your feet! And glad to hear u have something special to do! Good luck with the new job and hope the feet behave!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 01:56 (059820)

Thanks Tammie !
And yes I agree with you - this work feels good for me.
Do you work with elderly and handicapped too?
Clara

Re: Clara,

Tammie on 9/11/01 at 08:17 (059843)

Yes the elderly but at one time I worked with handicapped children, they closed facility so went to the elderly. My trouble was I could not seperate from the kids I wanted to take them all home with me to love, my hubby used to worry we would have a house overflowed with children lol. It really is a wonderful area to work and they need people who look past the obvious and see the heart inside and love and care for them with that in your eyes not the obvious. I wish you great sucesss and even more I wish and hope that you find great enjoyment. Hugs to u !