Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John h - a softie?

Posted by JudyS on 9/09/01 at 12:51 (059628)

Yes, my friends, it's true- our John h is a softie. And I apologize, John, for revealing your secret.
When I couldn't sleep last nite I found our John h as an 'oasis' - the sole IM buddy still on-line. He let me air my 'empty nest' angst for over an hour and took good care of me. What a man. Thank you, John, for your kindness. Now everybody knows.

Re: John h - a softie?

john h on 9/09/01 at 14:06 (059641)

now hear this! john h is no softie. i rode a hog, flew into battle, drank moonshine, climbed a mountain, eat my steak rare, drink beer, watch football like a real man should, and do not wear socks with my birks (mostly). you are ruining me here judy. my manly image is in jepordy.

Julie on 9/09/01 at 14:39 (059644)

Knew it all along, Judy. He's a lovely guy - though no doubt he'll vigorously deny it - and a true carer. It's easy to tell, from his flesh-coloured leuko tape.

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, but glad John as there.

Laurie R on 9/09/01 at 15:36 (059646)

Dear john , You may not be a softie but you are one hell of a guy .You rock!!!!! You have also been there for me too on the IM when I needed a friend ...You are awesome .... I have a question for you . Why does it bother you to be in a room with all ladies .... We love you man ...... Laurie R

john h on 9/09/01 at 16:37 (059649)

laurie: most men can be overwhelmed by even two ladies. we are ok 1 - 1 but become sort of whimpy at 2-1 and completly at a loss after that.

Re: i like to think of you as a john wayne character

linda A on 9/09/01 at 20:45 (059663)

fighting the indians out west , eating cold pork'n beans out of a can , and drinking whiskey under the stars . this is the image that i have of you .

john h on 9/10/01 at 11:34 (059724)

laurie i do not know about rocking but i do a lot of rolling girl! you need to start improving so maybe we could do the 'Funky Chicken' together. what is going on with you? better? worse? the same? i still get confused with your husbands first name. originally i thought it was Rico and i think you corrected me that it was Rich Is that right Ricoslady? I know you have been waiting for an appointment with the doctor for a long time.
things have to get better at some point laurie.

john h on 9/10/01 at 19:18 (059788)

i only saddle up my Honda Accord with moon roof these days. I ate a lot of pork and beans out of a can in the field and i have drank whiskey under the stars. I could sure do a lot worse than John Wayne. you could have compared me to that bohermian! Scott! thank you for your wonderful image Linda. Barbara,Judy, and Nancy S may have some other comparisons for you since we all dinned together.

Re: identity crisis?

Nancy N on 9/10/01 at 20:05 (059795)

Dear dear dear John... would you please get my name right? While I am flattered to be confused with our beloved Nancy S, I remain Nancy N--rookie teacher(!), accidental techie, one-time playwright, equal-opportunity doorholder, and baseball ignoramus (which should be the biggest clue!!!).

JudyS on 9/10/01 at 20:11 (059797)

Not John Wayne, Not Bohemian Scott. Just John h. After all, a rose by any other name......

Scott R on 9/10/01 at 22:00 (059803)

it seems unanimous despite my objections. i must really be a bohemian, whatever that is. but i think that's part of the joke

nancy s. on 9/11/01 at 05:39 (059831)

well shoot, i liked imagining i'd been there at that dinner.

nancy, your job sounds wonderful and i'm very very happy for you!

john h on 9/11/01 at 09:34 (059848)

Nancy N please accept my deepest apologies! with Nancy N, Nancy S, Carmem and Carmel,barbara and beverly, various Wendy's including the one with the 'big' picture on scotts board it is becoming incresingly difficult to get it all straight. i have called various people around town by all your names at one time or another. the head nurse on the second floor of my building is named Judy. she has occasion to call me frequeently about business. one day i asked her about her feet! i have never been assiciated with so many girls girls in my life. how do the mormans do it?

john h on 9/09/01 at 14:06 (059641)

now hear this! john h is no softie. i rode a hog, flew into battle, drank moonshine, climbed a mountain, eat my steak rare, drink beer, watch football like a real man should, and do not wear socks with my birks (mostly). you are ruining me here judy. my manly image is in jepordy.

Julie on 9/09/01 at 14:39 (059644)

Knew it all along, Judy. He's a lovely guy - though no doubt he'll vigorously deny it - and a true carer. It's easy to tell, from his flesh-coloured leuko tape.

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, but glad John as there.

Laurie R on 9/09/01 at 15:36 (059646)

Dear john , You may not be a softie but you are one hell of a guy .You rock!!!!! You have also been there for me too on the IM when I needed a friend ...You are awesome .... I have a question for you . Why does it bother you to be in a room with all ladies .... We love you man ...... Laurie R

john h on 9/09/01 at 16:37 (059649)

laurie: most men can be overwhelmed by even two ladies. we are ok 1 - 1 but become sort of whimpy at 2-1 and completly at a loss after that.

linda A on 9/09/01 at 20:45 (059663)

fighting the indians out west , eating cold pork'n beans out of a can , and drinking whiskey under the stars . this is the image that i have of you .

john h on 9/10/01 at 11:34 (059724)

laurie i do not know about rocking but i do a lot of rolling girl! you need to start improving so maybe we could do the 'Funky Chicken' together. what is going on with you? better? worse? the same? i still get confused with your husbands first name. originally i thought it was Rico and i think you corrected me that it was Rich Is that right Ricoslady? I know you have been waiting for an appointment with the doctor for a long time.
things have to get better at some point laurie.

john h on 9/10/01 at 19:18 (059788)

i only saddle up my Honda Accord with moon roof these days. I ate a lot of pork and beans out of a can in the field and i have drank whiskey under the stars. I could sure do a lot worse than John Wayne. you could have compared me to that bohermian! Scott! thank you for your wonderful image Linda. Barbara,Judy, and Nancy S may have some other comparisons for you since we all dinned together.

Nancy N on 9/10/01 at 20:05 (059795)

Dear dear dear John... would you please get my name right? While I am flattered to be confused with our beloved Nancy S, I remain Nancy N--rookie teacher(!), accidental techie, one-time playwright, equal-opportunity doorholder, and baseball ignoramus (which should be the biggest clue!!!).

JudyS on 9/10/01 at 20:11 (059797)

Not John Wayne, Not Bohemian Scott. Just John h. After all, a rose by any other name......

Scott R on 9/10/01 at 22:00 (059803)

it seems unanimous despite my objections. i must really be a bohemian, whatever that is. but i think that's part of the joke

nancy s. on 9/11/01 at 05:39 (059831)

well shoot, i liked imagining i'd been there at that dinner.

nancy, your job sounds wonderful and i'm very very happy for you!

john h on 9/11/01 at 09:34 (059848)

Nancy N please accept my deepest apologies! with Nancy N, Nancy S, Carmem and Carmel,barbara and beverly, various Wendy's including the one with the 'big' picture on scotts board it is becoming incresingly difficult to get it all straight. i have called various people around town by all your names at one time or another. the head nurse on the second floor of my building is named Judy. she has occasion to call me frequeently about business. one day i asked her about her feet! i have never been assiciated with so many girls girls in my life. how do the mormans do it?