Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Painful Heal Callus

Posted by Erica B. on 9/10/01 at 13:28 (059733)

I have a very large callus with a painful core on my heel, closer to the back of my foot than the bottom. The callus protrudes about a quarter of an inch from my foot. When I tried to file the callus away with a pumice stone, I reached a very painful red area with little pinpoints of blood, so I had to stop. I left it alone for a few days and the callus reformed. When I apply pressure to it, it hurts. I went to a podiatrist who x-ray'ed my foot and found nothing in that area, however there was a bone spur further up. He scheduled me to get an MRI but thats a very expensive procedure and I don't want to get one unless its absolutely neccessary. Is there anything that I can do to alleviate this without an expensive medical procedure? Thank you in advance for your time.

Re: Painful Heal Callus

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/01 at 14:17 (059735)

I don't want to sound too simple but you are giving me a typical picture of a wart. The present treating doctor has the great advantage of seeing
the growth. I would get a second opinion cause it sure sounds just too much
like a typical wart.

Re: Painful Heal Callus

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/10/01 at 14:17 (059735)

I don't want to sound too simple but you are giving me a typical picture of a wart. The present treating doctor has the great advantage of seeing
the growth. I would get a second opinion cause it sure sounds just too much
like a typical wart.