Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Yikes! Met someone last week who's had this 20 years!

Posted by Beverly on 9/10/01 at 14:32 (059738)

I hesitate to even mention this, because the mere thought is disheartening, but last week, I met a woman who's had PF for 20 years. Granted, she works on concrete floors and she was considerably overweight, but gee, I'd never met nor heard of anyone having this for so long.

I picked her brain some, and felt a little better. She said it's not as bad as it used to be. I wish I'd asked if she meant 20 years of nonstop PF or off and on. When I hear about people who have had PF for years and years, I often wonder if they mean 'ups and downs but never went away' or 'had it off and on.' I couldn't help but wonder if her life would have been different if she'd gotten off those concrete floors.

Beverly

Re: ARRGHHH!

Carmen H on 9/10/01 at 14:41 (059740)

that was SCARY!!!! Don't do that to us ANYmore!
hee hee
good thing we're all different huh?

Re: Yikes! Met someone last week who's had this 20 years!

Pauline on 9/10/01 at 16:08 (059754)

Wow, she sounds like the longest case yet. I wonder if Scott has any records on this. Can you imagine daily P.F. for 20 years. For her sake I hope she meant on and off for 20 years.

Re: ARRGHHH! - I agree!!!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 01:49 (059818)

uuuuuooohh! 20 years!!! And here i have been so sad because I´ve got it for 6 MONTHS!!!!!
Guess I´m rather lucky!

(and what about the rest of you?! I hope nobody else have got PF for more than 10 years..?)
//Clara

Lisa C. on 9/11/01 at 03:17 (059830)

Maybe we shouldn't share everything here! I hate that I now have this info in my sub conscious!! (no doubt spelled wrong)

Re: today...

Carmen H on 9/11/01 at 11:40 (059871)

Today we'll be grateful we ONLY have foot problems and take the focus off ourselves for the day...or the week....

Re: today... I´m praying!!!!!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 12:59 (059881)

To all dear friends!
I agree................gosh I think of you folks 'over there'!!!
I have cried all afternoon, what is this, third war???
Pearl harbour - that was nothing!
I pray for all you over there right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD, be with us on this planet!!

Clara

Re: ARRGHHH!

Carmen H on 9/10/01 at 14:41 (059740)

that was SCARY!!!! Don't do that to us ANYmore!
hee hee
good thing we're all different huh?

Pauline on 9/10/01 at 16:08 (059754)

Wow, she sounds like the longest case yet. I wonder if Scott has any records on this. Can you imagine daily P.F. for 20 years. For her sake I hope she meant on and off for 20 years.

Re: ARRGHHH! - I agree!!!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 01:49 (059818)

uuuuuooohh! 20 years!!! And here i have been so sad because I´ve got it for 6 MONTHS!!!!!
Guess I´m rather lucky!

(and what about the rest of you?! I hope nobody else have got PF for more than 10 years..?)
//Clara

Lisa C. on 9/11/01 at 03:17 (059830)

Maybe we shouldn't share everything here! I hate that I now have this info in my sub conscious!! (no doubt spelled wrong)

Re: today...

Carmen H on 9/11/01 at 11:40 (059871)

Today we'll be grateful we ONLY have foot problems and take the focus off ourselves for the day...or the week....

Re: today... I´m praying!!!!!

Clara on 9/11/01 at 12:59 (059881)

To all dear friends!
I agree................gosh I think of you folks 'over there'!!!
I have cried all afternoon, what is this, third war???
Pearl harbour - that was nothing!
I pray for all you over there right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GOD, be with us on this planet!!

Clara