Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recent post-op infection update...was admitted to Hospital and had More Surgery!!

Posted by CindyF on 9/10/01 at 15:41 (059750)

Well guys...if you remember..I was 6 weeks post op TTS with an infection that caused a hole in my foot.
Well..I was admitted to the hospital last week...and got out today.
The Ortho went in and cut out the infected area....and stitched it back up..and had me stay in for IV antibiotics...
So..here I am...starting all over on the healing process...*sigh*
I have a cast again....and still non weight bearing ...
I figure one day I might get to walk again....at least I hope so..
One thing I was happy about was there was no growth on the cultures he took...so this hole was of unknown origin...
I feel with all the IV antibiotic I took..that this time it might heel better..
The pain isn't bad right now...am able to control with the pills...
Will keep you posted of further progress...
Even though I have had a set back...I know I will beat this thing...
Good luck on all of ya'lls healing...
CindyF

Re: Recent post-op infection update...was admitted to Hospital and had More Surgery!!

Tammie on 9/10/01 at 16:54 (059767)

Dear Cindy I am so sorry to hear of this setback! I really hope that this is the end of the troubles for u!!! Are u not the one who recently found that you were diabetic? Did they seem to think that has any thing to do with the problems with infection and the healing? I have often heard that diabetics have to be so very careful with infections and there feet etc. I am very sorry that you had to go thru so much more then anticipated! Good Luck and let us know how you are doing, I will say a prayer for you! And Hoping that you will soon be on those feet again without pain! (((Hugs to u)))))You poor thing I hope that the sunny days start pouring out for u soon! Remember rest and do what the doc says so no more setbacks get u!

Re: Recent post-op infection update...was admitted to Hospital and had More Surgery!!

wendyn on 9/10/01 at 22:44 (059809)

That's terrible Cindy! You have had more than your fair share of complications! I also wondered if it was you who is also diabetic. If so - do they think the diabetes has anything to do with the problem healing?

CindyF on 9/11/01 at 20:41 (059930)

Tammie...
Yes...I was recently diagnosed a diabetic...but my bloodsugar levels have been perfect ever since....
They are not sure what caused the infection....
Thanks for your words of encouragement...
My husband won't even let me do anything except sit with my foot up....so I won't have any swelling...
He has been great.
CindyF

Tammie on 9/10/01 at 16:54 (059767)

Dear Cindy I am so sorry to hear of this setback! I really hope that this is the end of the troubles for u!!! Are u not the one who recently found that you were diabetic? Did they seem to think that has any thing to do with the problems with infection and the healing? I have often heard that diabetics have to be so very careful with infections and there feet etc. I am very sorry that you had to go thru so much more then anticipated! Good Luck and let us know how you are doing, I will say a prayer for you! And Hoping that you will soon be on those feet again without pain! (((Hugs to u)))))You poor thing I hope that the sunny days start pouring out for u soon! Remember rest and do what the doc says so no more setbacks get u!

wendyn on 9/10/01 at 22:44 (059809)

That's terrible Cindy! You have had more than your fair share of complications! I also wondered if it was you who is also diabetic. If so - do they think the diabetes has anything to do with the problem healing?

CindyF on 9/11/01 at 20:41 (059930)

Tammie...
Yes...I was recently diagnosed a diabetic...but my bloodsugar levels have been perfect ever since....
They are not sure what caused the infection....
Thanks for your words of encouragement...
My husband won't even let me do anything except sit with my foot up....so I won't have any swelling...
He has been great.
CindyF