Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Ed

Posted by Carmen on 9/11/01 at 11:54 (059877)

I have an appt. with Dr. Ruch tomorrow. thanks for the suggestion...I hope this one works out he is wayyy far away from me.
At this point I jsut need a POD for follow up and emergencies....my PT is treating and her office is 6 minutes from me.

Re: Dr Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/11/01 at 12:47 (059879)

Best wishes. Dr. Ruch is highly competent and intelligent. Take the time to type up all the details of your story and hand it to him. He may not be able to read it right away but will do so--it will give him a good perspective pf your problem.
Ed

Re: carmen , let fellow atlantan know how dr ruch does ya

paula on 9/12/01 at 19:37 (060039)

hey i'm thinking of dr ruch myself. very interested to hear about him from you.

Re: Dr. Ruch

Carmen H on 9/13/01 at 07:49 (060101)

Dr. Ruch (Rook) was VERY nice and took his time, listened, asked appropriate questions, and when I started to BAWL (too much going on with the hamstrings, glute pain, and feet I got overwhelmed) he was very kind and understanding and just let me tell him how frustrated I am with everything. He seems to take a very conservative approach to his initial treatment and was very up front with me when he said there wasn't much he could do for me (in regards to the Pf b/c of the relation to the hamstrings etc) but would be happy to do what he could. He prescribed a steroid pack (which hasn't been tried yet) and wants to see me in two weeks and go from there. He didn't mention surgery (he's the first) said very little about injections (said I probably shouldn't have had those done). So far I trust him....even though my situation is different.
Try him out...the office wasn't very crowded at 1:15 in the afternoon (one other lady) and they were relatively quick getting me in.
GOOD luck!!!!

Julie on 9/13/01 at 08:56 (060109)

Carmen, please enlighten. You've been talking about Flexor Hallucis Longis on another thread. Has Dr Ruch suggested that this is your correct diagnosis?

Re: nope....

Carmen on 9/13/01 at 12:40 (060136)

Actually my appt. was disappointing yesterday...not because of Dr. Ruch he was great and I thank Dr. Ed for his referral and Dr.Z. for peachtree pod.
But the fact that he feels he can't help me b/c of the OTHER issues related to my glutes, hamstrings etc.
BUT I found the FHL explanation on a post I read by a PT and it is EXACTLY what I have....pullthe toe back, no pain in the morning, worsens as the day goes on, tingling and burning etc...EXACTLY my symptoms.
Did you check out the site with all the articles I posted?
http://www.syracusechargers.org/therapy/therapy.html
there it is again....this guy is trying to help me right now find a diagnoses for alll the things going on with me.
Seems like nerve pain to me which can be the result of muscle imblance etc....gotta find the answer for it all Julie...you know me...on a MISSION to be BETTER!!! Orthos won't do the research for me so I have to work on it for myself.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/13/01 at 19:54 (060217)

Carmen:
You have posted in different spots so I did not realize that a referral had already been made. Just to review what Dr. Ruch said--did he say that he could not help with the sciatic pain or with the FHL tendinitis? I am sure that he could help you with FHL tendinitis. Did you ask him to verify that diagnosis? The thing that he may not be able to help is the sciatic pain or foot pain that is caused by irritation to the sciatic nerve. He can definitely help if the pain originates in the foot.
Ed

Re: Just found out

Carmen H on 9/14/01 at 14:57 (060343)

I just found out that it is probably FHL when I returned from his office....I go back in two weeks and will bring that to his attention then.
I liked him alot!!! Thanks for finding me a POD taht will take time with me and be compassionate about my feelings.

Re: Dr Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/11/01 at 12:47 (059879)

Best wishes. Dr. Ruch is highly competent and intelligent. Take the time to type up all the details of your story and hand it to him. He may not be able to read it right away but will do so--it will give him a good perspective pf your problem.
Ed

Re: carmen , let fellow atlantan know how dr ruch does ya

paula on 9/12/01 at 19:37 (060039)

hey i'm thinking of dr ruch myself. very interested to hear about him from you.

Carmen H on 9/13/01 at 07:49 (060101)

Dr. Ruch (Rook) was VERY nice and took his time, listened, asked appropriate questions, and when I started to BAWL (too much going on with the hamstrings, glute pain, and feet I got overwhelmed) he was very kind and understanding and just let me tell him how frustrated I am with everything. He seems to take a very conservative approach to his initial treatment and was very up front with me when he said there wasn't much he could do for me (in regards to the Pf b/c of the relation to the hamstrings etc) but would be happy to do what he could. He prescribed a steroid pack (which hasn't been tried yet) and wants to see me in two weeks and go from there. He didn't mention surgery (he's the first) said very little about injections (said I probably shouldn't have had those done). So far I trust him....even though my situation is different.
Try him out...the office wasn't very crowded at 1:15 in the afternoon (one other lady) and they were relatively quick getting me in.
GOOD luck!!!!

Julie on 9/13/01 at 08:56 (060109)

Carmen, please enlighten. You've been talking about Flexor Hallucis Longis on another thread. Has Dr Ruch suggested that this is your correct diagnosis?

Re: nope....

Carmen on 9/13/01 at 12:40 (060136)

Actually my appt. was disappointing yesterday...not because of Dr. Ruch he was great and I thank Dr. Ed for his referral and Dr.Z. for peachtree pod.
But the fact that he feels he can't help me b/c of the OTHER issues related to my glutes, hamstrings etc.
BUT I found the FHL explanation on a post I read by a PT and it is EXACTLY what I have....pullthe toe back, no pain in the morning, worsens as the day goes on, tingling and burning etc...EXACTLY my symptoms.
Did you check out the site with all the articles I posted?
http://www.syracusechargers.org/therapy/therapy.html
there it is again....this guy is trying to help me right now find a diagnoses for alll the things going on with me.
Seems like nerve pain to me which can be the result of muscle imblance etc....gotta find the answer for it all Julie...you know me...on a MISSION to be BETTER!!! Orthos won't do the research for me so I have to work on it for myself.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/13/01 at 19:54 (060217)

Carmen:
You have posted in different spots so I did not realize that a referral had already been made. Just to review what Dr. Ruch said--did he say that he could not help with the sciatic pain or with the FHL tendinitis? I am sure that he could help you with FHL tendinitis. Did you ask him to verify that diagnosis? The thing that he may not be able to help is the sciatic pain or foot pain that is caused by irritation to the sciatic nerve. He can definitely help if the pain originates in the foot.
Ed

Re: Just found out

Carmen H on 9/14/01 at 14:57 (060343)

I just found out that it is probably FHL when I returned from his office....I go back in two weeks and will bring that to his attention then.
I liked him alot!!! Thanks for finding me a POD taht will take time with me and be compassionate about my feelings.