Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

arguing

Posted by Scott R on 9/12/01 at 20:25 (060042)

Someone mentioned modifying rules for the social board. I have been much more lax about the social board. Just don't attack each other and get carried away in other ways. Arguing is fine, just don;t make the message board a miserable thing for the rest of us to read.

Re: arguing

Barbara TX on 9/12/01 at 20:49 (060044)

Thank you - that is reasonable! The interesting thing about the heelspurs.com community is that we are a total cross-section of America (and Clara and Julie too). Fascinating to read all these opinions and get a gist of what the country is thinking. I don't remember being offended. Was anyone else? B.

Tammie on 9/12/01 at 20:51 (060045)

Not me , interested in others thoughts and learning more then I ever new!

Nancy N on 9/12/01 at 20:58 (060046)

Nope, not offended. I know I have very strong opinions about the airlines, but I hope I will be able to be quiet about that now, since I have really said a lot more than I ever planned to. This is a learning experience for all of us, on so many levels.

john h on 9/12/01 at 22:09 (060058)

i am certainly not offended by anyones opinion and respect everyones right to their opinion. I recognize that my opinions are skewed by my military career and my direct involvement in war and with people who would kill me or my commarades. Wallmart has sold 88,000 American Flags the last two days. There is a message here. The American Flag has flown in front of my home for 23 consecutive years. .

wendyn on 9/12/01 at 23:19 (060076)

Thank you Scott. I really believe that healthy debate and disagreement is good for everyone. It is that freedom to disagree that makes us free to begin with.

Barbara TX on 9/13/01 at 14:05 (060151)

John - your opinons are not 'skewed' by your military carreer. They add to your knowledge and expertise. B.

Beverly on 9/13/01 at 16:09 (060164)

Actually, so far, I am impressed with how civil we are being with each other, given the gravity of the situation and differing views. But yes, I agree, we don't need to attack each other when we disagree. Politics is always a 'dangerous' conversation in social circles.

Beverly

Barbara TX on 9/12/01 at 20:49 (060044)

Thank you - that is reasonable! The interesting thing about the heelspurs.com community is that we are a total cross-section of America (and Clara and Julie too). Fascinating to read all these opinions and get a gist of what the country is thinking. I don't remember being offended. Was anyone else? B.

Tammie on 9/12/01 at 20:51 (060045)

Not me , interested in others thoughts and learning more then I ever new!

Nancy N on 9/12/01 at 20:58 (060046)

Nope, not offended. I know I have very strong opinions about the airlines, but I hope I will be able to be quiet about that now, since I have really said a lot more than I ever planned to. This is a learning experience for all of us, on so many levels.

john h on 9/12/01 at 22:09 (060058)

i am certainly not offended by anyones opinion and respect everyones right to their opinion. I recognize that my opinions are skewed by my military career and my direct involvement in war and with people who would kill me or my commarades. Wallmart has sold 88,000 American Flags the last two days. There is a message here. The American Flag has flown in front of my home for 23 consecutive years. .

wendyn on 9/12/01 at 23:19 (060076)

Thank you Scott. I really believe that healthy debate and disagreement is good for everyone. It is that freedom to disagree that makes us free to begin with.

Barbara TX on 9/13/01 at 14:05 (060151)

John - your opinons are not 'skewed' by your military carreer. They add to your knowledge and expertise. B.

Beverly on 9/13/01 at 16:09 (060164)

Actually, so far, I am impressed with how civil we are being with each other, given the gravity of the situation and differing views. But yes, I agree, we don't need to attack each other when we disagree. Politics is always a 'dangerous' conversation in social circles.

Beverly