Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

my eswt experience

Posted by rekha.s on 9/12/01 at 22:34 (060067)

Hello everyone, I havent posted in a while, Seems that I just cruise this site once every few days...

I had severe plantar fasciitis for 2 years, and tried ALL conservative treatmetns...before having ESWT on left foot in May 2000 then on both feet in Jan 2001 and then one treatment this past May...

The pain in my feet were excruciating, and my life was pure hell. However, now I have to say that My pain level has gone from a 8 to a 2-3 (Most days)...however if I am on my feet too much than I feel little more pain. I always wear good shoes with orthotics or gel cup..I have even super glued heel gel cups to questionable shoes....

I am so thankful to ESWT..and Dorron Shapow..I might go in for another treatment in the future if things act up again..because in my case this treatment has really made a difference

Thought I would post since people who get better usually don't post their progress.

Re: my eswt experience

Dan L on 9/13/01 at 07:47 (060100)

Thank you for your posting!!!!!!!!!!
It's means a lot to us. So happy to hear of your progress!

PeterA on 9/17/01 at 16:10 (060759)

Hi DanL,

I am glad that you are posting your results. YOu had mentioned that it cost about $900.00 for this Canada procedure, can you give us a ballpark figure as to what the total cost might be including the $900.00 ESWT session, car rental, hotel, airfare etc..etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dan L on 9/19/01 at 19:42 (061008)

$900US for 3 treatments bilateral. Nearby Howard Johnson approx $65 night for 6 nights. Airfare (pre-war) round trip from Charleston, SC was $239. Rental Car was approx $50 daily. So, you add it all up and it was several bucks. I had 3 ESWT teatments bilaterally spread out over 5 days with one day between each treatement. The Sonorex website (sonocur) states this schedule of treatments is not uncommon with the Siemens Sonocur.

Dan L on 9/20/01 at 13:43 (061075)

of course, unless you live near a clinic with ESWT you would still incur the expense of lodging and rental car would you not?

Dorron Shapow on 9/27/01 at 11:51 (061731)

Rekha.S I'm happy to see your progress and satisfaction, nothing brings me more joy then to see everyday suffering from PF minimized and sometimes eliminated...good luck

Dan L on 9/13/01 at 07:47 (060100)

Thank you for your posting!!!!!!!!!!
It's means a lot to us. So happy to hear of your progress!

PeterA on 9/17/01 at 16:10 (060759)

Hi DanL,

I am glad that you are posting your results. YOu had mentioned that it cost about $900.00 for this Canada procedure, can you give us a ballpark figure as to what the total cost might be including the $900.00 ESWT session, car rental, hotel, airfare etc..etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dan L on 9/19/01 at 19:42 (061008)

$900US for 3 treatments bilateral. Nearby Howard Johnson approx $65 night for 6 nights. Airfare (pre-war) round trip from Charleston, SC was $239. Rental Car was approx $50 daily. So, you add it all up and it was several bucks. I had 3 ESWT teatments bilaterally spread out over 5 days with one day between each treatement. The Sonorex website (sonocur) states this schedule of treatments is not uncommon with the Siemens Sonocur.

Dan L on 9/20/01 at 13:43 (061075)

of course, unless you live near a clinic with ESWT you would still incur the expense of lodging and rental car would you not?

Dorron Shapow on 9/27/01 at 11:51 (061731)

Rekha.S I'm happy to see your progress and satisfaction, nothing brings me more joy then to see everyday suffering from PF minimized and sometimes eliminated...good luck