Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ME again..another board...good pics

Posted by Carmen on 9/13/01 at 08:34 (060108)

http://www.bartleby.com/107/291.html

Scroll down for pictures of the feet once you access the site.

Re: ME again..another board...good pics

JeanB on 9/14/01 at 18:04 (060370)

This site does have a great diagram of the ligaments and tendons of the foot. I am curious if anyone else with PF shares one of my symptoms: that the little toe and the toe right next to it were linked together in movement during my most painful period of PF. One could not move without the other and I could not spread them apart from each other. They appear to be connected to the 'peronaeus longus.' I always felt like something was out of place in my ankle and needed to 'pop' back in place. After months of stretching, icing, arch supports, etc., that 'pop' has taken place and I feel great relief and increased flexibility. In fact, the 'pop' has taken place in three stages--about 1 month apart. After the first 'pop,' I regained a great deal of dorsiflexion. After the second 'pop,' I felt more pain on the outside of my foot and heel, but relief in the arch. After the third 'pop,' (which just occurred a week ago), I am no longer feel that my left calf is 'locked up' and can stretch it as easily as my right now. Just wondering if anyone else with PF has had similar experience.

Re: ME again..another board...good pics

JeanB on 9/14/01 at 18:04 (060370)

This site does have a great diagram of the ligaments and tendons of the foot. I am curious if anyone else with PF shares one of my symptoms: that the little toe and the toe right next to it were linked together in movement during my most painful period of PF. One could not move without the other and I could not spread them apart from each other. They appear to be connected to the 'peronaeus longus.' I always felt like something was out of place in my ankle and needed to 'pop' back in place. After months of stretching, icing, arch supports, etc., that 'pop' has taken place and I feel great relief and increased flexibility. In fact, the 'pop' has taken place in three stages--about 1 month apart. After the first 'pop,' I regained a great deal of dorsiflexion. After the second 'pop,' I felt more pain on the outside of my foot and heel, but relief in the arch. After the third 'pop,' (which just occurred a week ago), I am no longer feel that my left calf is 'locked up' and can stretch it as easily as my right now. Just wondering if anyone else with PF has had similar experience.