Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calling all doctors

Posted by Carmen on 9/13/01 at 16:30 (060170)

Okay I think I am onto something here. Need your valued input to help assess my situation before going into YET another doctor tomorrow to ask for a EMG exam.
I noticed the Posterior Tibial Nerve is involved in TTS....When looking at the chart of nerves...I see the Inferior Gluteal Nerve is attached to the Superior gluteal nerve-on to the Sciatic nerve-Tibial Nerve-gastrocnemius involvement-POST tibial nerve leads to the bottom of the oot wrapping around and possibly causing TTS.
Am I on the right road here? could my Gluteal Nerve be causing the TTS in my feet? I have had trouble with it for 6 months....and then all of a sudden FOOT trouble!
Please tell me I am not a WHACKO...If I don't get relief soon in my glutes and feet I am likely to go cracker jacks!
help!!!

Re: Calling all doctors

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/14/01 at 11:21 (060309)

Carmen:

The connections you see on the nerve chart can be likened to an electrical system. Any problems in the nerves higher up can cause symptoms lower down.
Such symptoms could mimick TTS but would not actually BE TTS. TTS involves entrapment of the posterior tibial nerve on the inside of the ankle (laciniate ligament).
Ed

wallyh on 9/14/01 at 11:48 (060317)

Sorry Carmen..I'm not a doc..just wanted to thank you for the nerve chart. The page finally came up.

Thanks,
Wally

Re: yup!!

Carmen on 9/14/01 at 14:53 (060341)

Yep...that;s what I seeand understand. Will go to neurologist next week nad see what I can find out....THANKS Dr. ed!

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/14/01 at 11:21 (060309)

Carmen:

The connections you see on the nerve chart can be likened to an electrical system. Any problems in the nerves higher up can cause symptoms lower down.
Such symptoms could mimick TTS but would not actually BE TTS. TTS involves entrapment of the posterior tibial nerve on the inside of the ankle (laciniate ligament).
Ed

wallyh on 9/14/01 at 11:48 (060317)

Sorry Carmen..I'm not a doc..just wanted to thank you for the nerve chart. The page finally came up.

Thanks,
Wally

Re: yup!!

Carmen on 9/14/01 at 14:53 (060341)

Yep...that;s what I seeand understand. Will go to neurologist next week nad see what I can find out....THANKS Dr. ed!