Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Wendy & other Canadian friends

Posted by Steve P on 9/13/01 at 18:40 (060199)

Wendy -- to you & your countrymen ---

Here's something that has been lost in the shuffle......we Americans are deeply grateful to all Canadians for your help the last few days.

During those terrible hours Tuesday when all US airspace was closed, Canada accepted all our inbound flights. I understand that Newfoundland alone took in 27 planes & there were others across Canada. For days our people have been hosted in Canadian inns, hotels & even private homes. All were warmly welcomed. Your hospitality has been wonderful.

Thanks, neighbor.

Re: To Wendy & other Canadian friends

Laurie R on 9/13/01 at 20:43 (060227)

Dear Wendy and Uncle Steve , Yes I second what you say Steve. Canadians are truly wonderful people ... Wendy I know you have to proud to be a Canadian .... If everyone is like you , what a wonderful country you have . I think if I am right , their was an Italian airline on it's way to San Francisco and they would not let the plane land so Canada welcomed it and it stayed until today . It was the first plane to land here since Tuesday . I was born here in America but my heart is Italian ... So a big thank you for you and your wonderful people ...... Laurie R

wendyn on 9/13/01 at 21:19 (060234)

On behalf of everyone here - to everyone there - it's the least we can do. I know that on the news they said that the airport was flooded with calls of people offerring their homes for stranded travellers - fortunately - we were able to come up with the 2000 or so hotel rooms that were required.

The worst things so often bring out the best in people.

Tammy M on 9/16/01 at 15:43 (060600)

It's a funny thing...it seems we canadians are always quick to point out our differences from Americans, somehow feeling a little moral superiority (just catch a few of our beer commercials!) I liken this more to a big-brother-little-brother type rivalry..whatever it is, it all ended this week. When America was hit this week it may as well have been our country- in our hearts there is no border between our two countries. God be with you all, and with your president . My God- I would not want his job for all the money in the world. I wish there was more we could do to help. I know our banks are collecting donations, and we are giving blood in record numbers-though at this point we are unable to send any your way. Perhaps the best we can do is pray...and I don't think we have stopped doing this since Tuesday. Canada is with you.

Laurie R on 9/13/01 at 20:43 (060227)

Dear Wendy and Uncle Steve , Yes I second what you say Steve. Canadians are truly wonderful people ... Wendy I know you have to proud to be a Canadian .... If everyone is like you , what a wonderful country you have . I think if I am right , their was an Italian airline on it's way to San Francisco and they would not let the plane land so Canada welcomed it and it stayed until today . It was the first plane to land here since Tuesday . I was born here in America but my heart is Italian ... So a big thank you for you and your wonderful people ...... Laurie R

wendyn on 9/13/01 at 21:19 (060234)

On behalf of everyone here - to everyone there - it's the least we can do. I know that on the news they said that the airport was flooded with calls of people offerring their homes for stranded travellers - fortunately - we were able to come up with the 2000 or so hotel rooms that were required.

The worst things so often bring out the best in people.

Tammy M on 9/16/01 at 15:43 (060600)

It's a funny thing...it seems we canadians are always quick to point out our differences from Americans, somehow feeling a little moral superiority (just catch a few of our beer commercials!) I liken this more to a big-brother-little-brother type rivalry..whatever it is, it all ended this week. When America was hit this week it may as well have been our country- in our hearts there is no border between our two countries. God be with you all, and with your president . My God- I would not want his job for all the money in the world. I wish there was more we could do to help. I know our banks are collecting donations, and we are giving blood in record numbers-though at this point we are unable to send any your way. Perhaps the best we can do is pray...and I don't think we have stopped doing this since Tuesday. Canada is with you.