Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

As I sit here in the quiet of the night,

Posted by Tammie on 9/14/01 at 00:15 (060263)

As I sit here in the quiet of the night thinking of all that has happened in the last few days I feel suddenly feel lonely and in need for comfort. I have never felt like this since a small child maybe, but seems like the night is scary and the fear is planted and that the change in people is scary and the tone of anger is fearful and well where we once could find friends and comfort has now become like the tv the newspapers the radio . I fear that life has changed and I know that it does not feel like for the good . Where we once talked of our lives and our families and days it is now talk of war and saddnes do u know I visited several chat areas tonight , and found that 9 out of every 10 that I logged onto were talking about anger. Not peace or love or prayers but anger not even the sadness that is being felt. I am deeply upset, as a time like this is supposed to bring people closer not further apart. If I lay down tonight I will think of the day and the days that have past and mourn them as it seems they are being buried in the ruble and wonder if we shall ever get them back again. Will we remain friends or become enemies as seems like that is what happens when things go on, I learned allot this week and some of which I wish I would have remained ignorant of. I liked living in my rose colored glass world.I liked looking for people to make feel better and to see if I could get a laugh that is me Laughing out loud but seems like no more, only saddness and tears . I will join in the many people who light a candle tomorrow evening and when I do I will also say a prayer wishing and hoping and praying that this to shall pass and that with Gods help we will prevail and find the sunshine he provides and the so called gold at the end of his promise at the end of his gift the rainbow! May God be with you as you sleep and give you peace and a sense of new hope. Very much needing a hug, so will pretend you are all here with me((((((((((((( HUGS))))))))))))))))))) Sleep well my friends!

Re: As I sit here in the quiet of the night,

Laurie R on 9/14/01 at 01:11 (060264)

Dear Tammie , Frist her is your much needed hug

((((((((((((((((((((((TAMMIE)))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((LOVE)))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((PEACE))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((FRIENDS))))))))))))))))))))

I'm feeling as you are tonight . The only thing I can come up with is everyone handles things different . I am so very sad too. I will join in also tomarrow and lite my candles ... I will also say a prayer .

I don't have anything to say to make you feel better , but just that you are not alone in what you are feeling , I am feeling the same way right now .

Much love to you sweet friend . Here is an extra hug for you .

(((((((((((((((((((((((TAMMIE))))))))))))))))))))))
Laurie R

Clara on 9/14/01 at 01:42 (060267)

Great (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to you Tammie and all friends!
Thinking of you all the time. Maybe caring, and loving thoughts and prayers can help. I think so,
We will have a 'silente 3 minutes' at 12.00 - 12.03 today here in Europe.

From
Clara
/Sweden

Re: A hug in the morning...

Julie on 9/14/01 at 02:13 (060268)

A hug from me too, Tammie - unless you are finally asleep, which I hope you are. It's morning here, and for the third morning in a row I have woken with a heavy heart. I know how you feel. I guess we all do.

On last night's late news, a woman, an American, was interviewed at the American Embassy, where people have been gathering all day to leave flowers and sign the book of condolence. She said 'I've lived in England for 27 years, and today I feel like I'm away from home'. I feel like that too. But being in touch here with you all has made me feel that, in some strange way, made possible by the internet, I am at home.

Today there will be a service at St Paul's Cathedral in London, honouring the victims of Tuesday's horrors. At 11am (5am heelspurs time) the country will observe three minutes of silence. You will all be in my thoughts then.

JudyS on 9/14/01 at 10:33 (060300)

Tammy, these words of yours are by far the most eloquent I've heard this week..
May I be so presumptious as to ask all of our PF brethern to let these words of yours today become the foundation for us to redirect our energies now towards the peace that we need even here? We will not agree on these issues, not ever. So we must agree to hold hands across our cyber network and start healing now, as Americans, as friends.

Donna M on 9/14/01 at 10:55 (060305)

Amen, to what you said Judy, Amen.

May the peace and love of God be with each and every one of you and yours.

Re: Judy here is my hand

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 11:21 (060308)

Amen Judy and I reach out to touch your hand and your heart with love and peace and hope and continue my prayers.

Re: Judy here is my hand and as I look around I offer it and hope that u to will reach out to others

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 20:51 (060398)

Would like to reach out and give my hand to each and every one of u and become the circle the circle that knows no begining and knows no end! And may our hearts show us the way with prayers and good friendships with the hopes of some resolutions that our leaders must make! May we hput aside our personal diferences and find the commoness in each other the heart felt caring that we once shared. My good friends please do not let this differences eat away your love for each other there must come a time that we go on and remain strong and supportful of our country! Love and hugs to u all Tammy!!!!!

Laurie R on 9/14/01 at 01:11 (060264)

Dear Tammie , Frist her is your much needed hug

((((((((((((((((((((((TAMMIE)))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((LOVE)))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((PEACE))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((FRIENDS))))))))))))))))))))

I'm feeling as you are tonight . The only thing I can come up with is everyone handles things different . I am so very sad too. I will join in also tomarrow and lite my candles ... I will also say a prayer .

I don't have anything to say to make you feel better , but just that you are not alone in what you are feeling , I am feeling the same way right now .

Much love to you sweet friend . Here is an extra hug for you .

(((((((((((((((((((((((TAMMIE))))))))))))))))))))))
Laurie R

Clara on 9/14/01 at 01:42 (060267)

Great (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to you Tammie and all friends!
Thinking of you all the time. Maybe caring, and loving thoughts and prayers can help. I think so,
We will have a 'silente 3 minutes' at 12.00 - 12.03 today here in Europe.

From
Clara
/Sweden

Re: A hug in the morning...

Julie on 9/14/01 at 02:13 (060268)

A hug from me too, Tammie - unless you are finally asleep, which I hope you are. It's morning here, and for the third morning in a row I have woken with a heavy heart. I know how you feel. I guess we all do.

On last night's late news, a woman, an American, was interviewed at the American Embassy, where people have been gathering all day to leave flowers and sign the book of condolence. She said 'I've lived in England for 27 years, and today I feel like I'm away from home'. I feel like that too. But being in touch here with you all has made me feel that, in some strange way, made possible by the internet, I am at home.

Today there will be a service at St Paul's Cathedral in London, honouring the victims of Tuesday's horrors. At 11am (5am heelspurs time) the country will observe three minutes of silence. You will all be in my thoughts then.

JudyS on 9/14/01 at 10:33 (060300)

Tammy, these words of yours are by far the most eloquent I've heard this week..
May I be so presumptious as to ask all of our PF brethern to let these words of yours today become the foundation for us to redirect our energies now towards the peace that we need even here? We will not agree on these issues, not ever. So we must agree to hold hands across our cyber network and start healing now, as Americans, as friends.

Donna M on 9/14/01 at 10:55 (060305)

Amen, to what you said Judy, Amen.

May the peace and love of God be with each and every one of you and yours.

Re: Judy here is my hand

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 11:21 (060308)

Amen Judy and I reach out to touch your hand and your heart with love and peace and hope and continue my prayers.

Re: Judy here is my hand and as I look around I offer it and hope that u to will reach out to others

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 20:51 (060398)

Would like to reach out and give my hand to each and every one of u and become the circle the circle that knows no begining and knows no end! And may our hearts show us the way with prayers and good friendships with the hopes of some resolutions that our leaders must make! May we hput aside our personal diferences and find the commoness in each other the heart felt caring that we once shared. My good friends please do not let this differences eat away your love for each other there must come a time that we go on and remain strong and supportful of our country! Love and hugs to u all Tammy!!!!!