Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF in both feet

Posted by Laura W on 9/14/01 at 15:51 (060349)

Please tell me the success rate for fascia release surgery on both feet.
Thank You Laura

Re: PF in both feet

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/16/01 at 02:52 (060547)

The success rate for surgical treatment of both feet is not different than for one foot. The important thing to remember is that all conservative treatment options should be exhausted before considering surgery. Success rates vary from doctor to doctor and among techniques with a range of about 50 to 90 percent.
Ed

Joyce L on 10/03/01 at 11:23 (062155)

I too have condition in both feet. Surgeon wanted to operate right away on one foot at a time with no alternatives offered. Thankfully Dr. Z. pointed me toward alternatives. Beware of Surgeons who offer no alternatives prior to surgery.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/16/01 at 02:52 (060547)

The success rate for surgical treatment of both feet is not different than for one foot. The important thing to remember is that all conservative treatment options should be exhausted before considering surgery. Success rates vary from doctor to doctor and among techniques with a range of about 50 to 90 percent.
Ed

Joyce L on 10/03/01 at 11:23 (062155)

I too have condition in both feet. Surgeon wanted to operate right away on one foot at a time with no alternatives offered. Thankfully Dr. Z. pointed me toward alternatives. Beware of Surgeons who offer no alternatives prior to surgery.