Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question about anon heros

Posted by BG CPed on 9/14/01 at 19:03 (060380)

I have heard that these gutless criminals were very deep into Islam faith. That they are very strict and exercise these codes of conduct, especially on there women. We have all seen them dressed with the eyes only exposed. The penalty for simply showing some ankle or kissing a man are very severe.

We now know that 2 of the 'heros' were not praying in a mosque the night before their crime. They were exercising their extreme religeous beliefs by spend $300 on booze and table dances in a Florida strip club. They were heard making comments on how America is going to get a rude awakening etc.
They also left a copy of the Islam version of Bible at the strip bar.

Is this accepted and normal practice for Allah fearing warriors? Would they not murder a female relative that was in a strip club under the guise of religeon? I would like to have this explained to me as I find it rather strange and contradictory behavior for such brave and religeous warriors.

The owner of the motel they were living in said they had lots of money and didnt work. He also said they covered a picture of a woman because it was 'dirty' but they spent lots of time hitting on women in bathing suits at the pool.

What did Allah preach about alcohol, not working/laziness, coveting impure non Islam women, not to mention MURDER ? I am just curious if anybody can shed some light on any of these issues. I also would like to see anon resurface to explain the behavior of these proud heros of Islam

Re: question about anon heros

john h on 9/14/01 at 20:13 (060394)

this question has been asked but i will repeat it. Anon why do you hide behind a mask. Everyone knows my email, everyone knows i live in Little Rock, Arkansas, I will be glad to give you my street addres and phone number. I have nothing i am ashamed of and welcome those who disagree with me. You, for what ever reason choose to remain hidden. For what purpose. Do you not have the courage of your convictions?

I am still somewhat suspicious that Anon is jerking all our chains and is in fact having fun at our expense. I have responded fiercely to Anon's post and may be playing right into his mischievous mind. All should be wary that there is or ever was an Anon. We have had imposters here before. Scott could compare his address to any of his know addresses. If he is for real then he has ever right to his views and post but if he is an imposter then he should receive the required 3 fouls all at once. Is this person for real Scott?

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 20:44 (060396)

John - regardless of how it turns out..I quit reading Anons posts a while ago. I just can't give any value whatsover to an opinion so weak that it can't even have a name attached to it.

Julie, Barb, Steve, Nancy, Tammie, Scott, myself and others that I can't remember - we all went out on a limb here - disagreed - agreed to disagree...and put our opinions on the line for better or worse. All of those people, wheter I agree with them or not, went up huge notches on my scale of respect.

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 20:50 (060397)

Please do not judge an entire faith or country by the actions of a few. I by no means condone what was done - and those responsible need to be punished to the fullest extent. Justice must be done.

However - the people who did this are extremists - they have twisted their faith to suit their evil purpose.

If you look - you can find those of the Christian faith who have done exactly the same thing. The White Supremists (sp?) and your Timothy McVeigh types are not an indication of the belief of your average Christian American. They are a far extreme - and no longer even following the basic principles in the faith. They claim that their actions are justified by their faith - but we can see how they have twisted things into their own evil way of thinking - the faith is only a justification.

BG CPed on 9/14/01 at 21:04 (060400)

Wndy I agree but in the case of Tim McVeigh he didnt site religeon. He was striking out against our US government For what he percieved as an attack on its own citizens. It was from Waco and Ruby Ridge that our Government escalated a situation that resulted in them killing several.

Not that it excuses TM he is scum also. It just seems worse when somebody claims that is for Religeon when their Religeon does not promote many of the behaviors they exibit.

No more Canadian jokes for a while, that article that the Canadian guy wrote about USA gets you a few week reprieve. We also had many Canadian Red Wings donate blood to Red Cross. Darren Mcarty couldnt because he had a tatoo in last 9 months.

Nancy N on 9/14/01 at 21:37 (060402)

Wendy:

I think it's safe to say that the respect is mutual.

Re: The Canadian Perspective

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 22:21 (060409)

Thank you for clarifying BGCPED, my recollection of what happened in Oklahoma city is not accurate - but the general idea is the same. The point is - he is a representation of a very few - not your typical all-American boy. The same is for Islamic and Muslim people - by and large, they are peaceful people..but they have they also have their 'followers' who are not an accurate representation of the whole group.

We can't anymore state that Muslims and Islamics are evil, any more than we can say all Short men are jerks, all blonde women are stupid, all black people are theives, all Jewish people are cheap. Those stereotypes are just plain wrong.

Anyway....the real purpose of my post

To give you more Canadian percpective....some quotes from today's paper (all from colums or editorials)

'Canada's meager millitary may not be much, but Prime Minister Jean Chertien was more open yesterday to putting it to the test in the battle against terrorism'

'PM calls day of mourning - honour normally reserved for royalty to take place for first time since 1967...Canada has observed just three national days of mourning since 1940(the last in 1967)'.

'Canada must finally cut the crap and agree to longstanding US demands for stringent common visa procedures. '

'This is war and we must stand together to protect our way of life; we cannot pretend that Canada is immune from this'

'For starters, Canada might start screening those who enter our country.'

Today at lunch, I attended a noon prayer service in Olympic Plaza. This is the plaza where we gave out medals during the 1988 Olympics. The service was attended by more people than I have seen there since perhaps the Olympics.

There was a large fire/rescue truck - with the ladder and bucket extended...3 firemen in the bucket - held out over the plaza. Hanging from the side was a large American flag. When the representative from the US Consulate spoke, and made reference to the flag....all the people on the plaza applauded. The 3 firefighters saluted, slowly, the entire crowd stood up facing your flag - and the appluase went on for what seemed like forever.

Bear in mind that Canadian displays of national pride of any kind are few and far between. This was really something - especially for Canadians. We are typically a sadly apathetic bunch of people.

We heard prayers from many different faiths - including Anglican, Catholic, Muslim, Islamic, Hindu, and Jewish to name a few.

A Canadian Indian sang a native version of O Canada, when she started singing in English...she was joined by everyone on the plaza. I don't believe that there was a dry eye in the bunch. In 33 years - I don't ever remember a feeling of pride and appreciation for what we have, like what we experienced today.

The prayers were mostly for healing, and for wisdom. Healing for the world, and the wisdom for those in power to tackle the tough decisions that must be made, as well as the wisdom to choose what is best for all of us to eventually restore peace and find justice.

BG CPed on 9/14/01 at 22:50 (060412)

The fact remains that about 95% of the worls are still decent people. All the more reason to deal with the 5% that cause most of the unrest

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 11:00 (060445)

Don't know much about Islam... but Father in law is a Detroit policeman and is familiar with an Islamic community near Dearborn MI. He told us that they teach their little boys that if they kill 'a white devil' then they will be given 'seven white virgins' when they reach heaven. He had been disturbed about this for a long time, but he hesitates to speak about it, worrying that he will be seen as a bigot or intolerant.

Obviously, a perversion of Islam??? Hope to God it is. Anyone know about this? B.

Beverly on 9/15/01 at 12:37 (060461)

I guess I missed this 'Anon' guy. Don't remember his posts.

Today's local paper quoted the Koran's stand on murder. It was very strongly worded and said that the murderer will not go to heaven. Can't remember the exact quote.

Beverly

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 12:52 (060464)

Haven't heard this myself Barb....where did your father in law hear about it?

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 19:48 (060500)

On the street, in Detroit. He is a cop and learns a lot about the way people live. Unfortunately, it is a very hard place to work... the most hyper-segregated place in the world. Cops have to try to be peacemakers and resolve the vast differences between cultures. Boy, he has seen it all. B.

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 21:02 (060514)

I know what you mean. I have a cousin who is a detective in Chicago.

john h on 9/14/01 at 20:13 (060394)

this question has been asked but i will repeat it. Anon why do you hide behind a mask. Everyone knows my email, everyone knows i live in Little Rock, Arkansas, I will be glad to give you my street addres and phone number. I have nothing i am ashamed of and welcome those who disagree with me. You, for what ever reason choose to remain hidden. For what purpose. Do you not have the courage of your convictions?

I am still somewhat suspicious that Anon is jerking all our chains and is in fact having fun at our expense. I have responded fiercely to Anon's post and may be playing right into his mischievous mind. All should be wary that there is or ever was an Anon. We have had imposters here before. Scott could compare his address to any of his know addresses. If he is for real then he has ever right to his views and post but if he is an imposter then he should receive the required 3 fouls all at once. Is this person for real Scott?

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 20:44 (060396)

John - regardless of how it turns out..I quit reading Anons posts a while ago. I just can't give any value whatsover to an opinion so weak that it can't even have a name attached to it.

Julie, Barb, Steve, Nancy, Tammie, Scott, myself and others that I can't remember - we all went out on a limb here - disagreed - agreed to disagree...and put our opinions on the line for better or worse. All of those people, wheter I agree with them or not, went up huge notches on my scale of respect.

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 20:50 (060397)

Please do not judge an entire faith or country by the actions of a few. I by no means condone what was done - and those responsible need to be punished to the fullest extent. Justice must be done.

However - the people who did this are extremists - they have twisted their faith to suit their evil purpose.

If you look - you can find those of the Christian faith who have done exactly the same thing. The White Supremists (sp?) and your Timothy McVeigh types are not an indication of the belief of your average Christian American. They are a far extreme - and no longer even following the basic principles in the faith. They claim that their actions are justified by their faith - but we can see how they have twisted things into their own evil way of thinking - the faith is only a justification.

BG CPed on 9/14/01 at 21:04 (060400)

Wndy I agree but in the case of Tim McVeigh he didnt site religeon. He was striking out against our US government For what he percieved as an attack on its own citizens. It was from Waco and Ruby Ridge that our Government escalated a situation that resulted in them killing several.

Not that it excuses TM he is scum also. It just seems worse when somebody claims that is for Religeon when their Religeon does not promote many of the behaviors they exibit.

No more Canadian jokes for a while, that article that the Canadian guy wrote about USA gets you a few week reprieve. We also had many Canadian Red Wings donate blood to Red Cross. Darren Mcarty couldnt because he had a tatoo in last 9 months.

Nancy N on 9/14/01 at 21:37 (060402)

Wendy:

I think it's safe to say that the respect is mutual.

wendyn on 9/14/01 at 22:21 (060409)

Thank you for clarifying BGCPED, my recollection of what happened in Oklahoma city is not accurate - but the general idea is the same. The point is - he is a representation of a very few - not your typical all-American boy. The same is for Islamic and Muslim people - by and large, they are peaceful people..but they have they also have their 'followers' who are not an accurate representation of the whole group.

We can't anymore state that Muslims and Islamics are evil, any more than we can say all Short men are jerks, all blonde women are stupid, all black people are theives, all Jewish people are cheap. Those stereotypes are just plain wrong.

Anyway....the real purpose of my post

To give you more Canadian percpective....some quotes from today's paper (all from colums or editorials)

'Canada's meager millitary may not be much, but Prime Minister Jean Chertien was more open yesterday to putting it to the test in the battle against terrorism'

'PM calls day of mourning - honour normally reserved for royalty to take place for first time since 1967...Canada has observed just three national days of mourning since 1940(the last in 1967)'.

'Canada must finally cut the crap and agree to longstanding US demands for stringent common visa procedures. '

'This is war and we must stand together to protect our way of life; we cannot pretend that Canada is immune from this'

'For starters, Canada might start screening those who enter our country.'

Today at lunch, I attended a noon prayer service in Olympic Plaza. This is the plaza where we gave out medals during the 1988 Olympics. The service was attended by more people than I have seen there since perhaps the Olympics.

There was a large fire/rescue truck - with the ladder and bucket extended...3 firemen in the bucket - held out over the plaza. Hanging from the side was a large American flag. When the representative from the US Consulate spoke, and made reference to the flag....all the people on the plaza applauded. The 3 firefighters saluted, slowly, the entire crowd stood up facing your flag - and the appluase went on for what seemed like forever.

Bear in mind that Canadian displays of national pride of any kind are few and far between. This was really something - especially for Canadians. We are typically a sadly apathetic bunch of people.

We heard prayers from many different faiths - including Anglican, Catholic, Muslim, Islamic, Hindu, and Jewish to name a few.

A Canadian Indian sang a native version of O Canada, when she started singing in English...she was joined by everyone on the plaza. I don't believe that there was a dry eye in the bunch. In 33 years - I don't ever remember a feeling of pride and appreciation for what we have, like what we experienced today.

The prayers were mostly for healing, and for wisdom. Healing for the world, and the wisdom for those in power to tackle the tough decisions that must be made, as well as the wisdom to choose what is best for all of us to eventually restore peace and find justice.

BG CPed on 9/14/01 at 22:50 (060412)

The fact remains that about 95% of the worls are still decent people. All the more reason to deal with the 5% that cause most of the unrest

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 11:00 (060445)

Don't know much about Islam... but Father in law is a Detroit policeman and is familiar with an Islamic community near Dearborn MI. He told us that they teach their little boys that if they kill 'a white devil' then they will be given 'seven white virgins' when they reach heaven. He had been disturbed about this for a long time, but he hesitates to speak about it, worrying that he will be seen as a bigot or intolerant.

Obviously, a perversion of Islam??? Hope to God it is. Anyone know about this? B.

Beverly on 9/15/01 at 12:37 (060461)

I guess I missed this 'Anon' guy. Don't remember his posts.

Today's local paper quoted the Koran's stand on murder. It was very strongly worded and said that the murderer will not go to heaven. Can't remember the exact quote.

Beverly

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 12:52 (060464)

Haven't heard this myself Barb....where did your father in law hear about it?

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 19:48 (060500)

On the street, in Detroit. He is a cop and learns a lot about the way people live. Unfortunately, it is a very hard place to work... the most hyper-segregated place in the world. Cops have to try to be peacemakers and resolve the vast differences between cultures. Boy, he has seen it all. B.

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 21:02 (060514)

I know what you mean. I have a cousin who is a detective in Chicago.