Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

carmen? how was the dr ruch visit?

Posted by paula on 9/14/01 at 20:03 (060391)

sittin here in atlanta thinkin of seeing him. wondering if he's worth yet another outlay of money for. what was your experience?

Re: oops, just found your answer, sorry

paula on 9/14/01 at 20:07 (060393)

oops

Re: i'm an idiot. now i thought of a question for you

paula on 9/14/01 at 20:19 (060395)

did you say dr ruch said he couldn't help you with the pf?

Re: no....Iam an odd case

Carmen H on 9/15/01 at 09:23 (060435)

No he said I am not typical with the PF. He sees a large NUMBER of people with PF every day....but only 1 out of 100 with a tendon as large as mine and that is related to the hamstring problems I have. He says I am doing exactly what I need to do but it's getting the other things fixed taht he can't help with. If it's all related I may not see a difference just by his treatment. That's all
I did like him a lot though....He was very kind and thorough. The waiting room was empty for the first few minutes then one lady walked in and thatwas it. Not rushed an packed with people...he was attentive.
good luck. HEY! maybe we'll meet some day if we both use him?? I am going back next week sometime.

Re: can't he make you orthotics or whatever?

paula on 9/15/01 at 18:13 (060491)

keep me posted on the next visit eh?

paula on 9/15/01 at 19:22 (060497)

Re: To Carmen no....Iam an odd case

Pauline on 9/15/01 at 20:36 (060510)

Carmen,
Did he give you any suggestions or where to go or what to do next? Did you say you were going to see a neurologist? It sounds like you have everything identified, you just need someone to verify and treat it is this correct?

Re: narrowing it down

Carmen H on 9/16/01 at 09:24 (060564)

I just spent the morning having my husband type out a TOTAL rundown of my physical problems since 1999 (very brief and to the point for all doctors to scan over) and I have three appt.s next week. So YES! I think you're right that I have identified the problems and just need to make sure there isn't ONE big problem (pinched nerve etc) causing it all. I truly think it is all independent due to circumstnaces (feet injured from sports, hamstrings piriformus due to overuse, carpal tunnel coming on from THIS WEB SITE!!! ha ha ha) so I just need to get the right doctors to help me. I will be bringing the possible DX of the FHL to Dr. Ruch next week and see what hecan do from there. So far he thinks it's PF (since I discovered this AFTER my visit with him). I will keep you posted for sure!
Thanks for your interest....
:-)

Re: oops, just found your answer, sorry

paula on 9/14/01 at 20:07 (060393)

oops

Re: i'm an idiot. now i thought of a question for you

paula on 9/14/01 at 20:19 (060395)

did you say dr ruch said he couldn't help you with the pf?

Re: no....Iam an odd case

Carmen H on 9/15/01 at 09:23 (060435)

No he said I am not typical with the PF. He sees a large NUMBER of people with PF every day....but only 1 out of 100 with a tendon as large as mine and that is related to the hamstring problems I have. He says I am doing exactly what I need to do but it's getting the other things fixed taht he can't help with. If it's all related I may not see a difference just by his treatment. That's all
I did like him a lot though....He was very kind and thorough. The waiting room was empty for the first few minutes then one lady walked in and thatwas it. Not rushed an packed with people...he was attentive.
good luck. HEY! maybe we'll meet some day if we both use him?? I am going back next week sometime.

paula on 9/15/01 at 18:13 (060491)

paula on 9/15/01 at 19:22 (060497)

Re: To Carmen no....Iam an odd case

Pauline on 9/15/01 at 20:36 (060510)

Carmen,
Did he give you any suggestions or where to go or what to do next? Did you say you were going to see a neurologist? It sounds like you have everything identified, you just need someone to verify and treat it is this correct?

Re: narrowing it down

Carmen H on 9/16/01 at 09:24 (060564)

I just spent the morning having my husband type out a TOTAL rundown of my physical problems since 1999 (very brief and to the point for all doctors to scan over) and I have three appt.s next week. So YES! I think you're right that I have identified the problems and just need to make sure there isn't ONE big problem (pinched nerve etc) causing it all. I truly think it is all independent due to circumstnaces (feet injured from sports, hamstrings piriformus due to overuse, carpal tunnel coming on from THIS WEB SITE!!! ha ha ha) so I just need to get the right doctors to help me. I will be bringing the possible DX of the FHL to Dr. Ruch next week and see what hecan do from there. So far he thinks it's PF (since I discovered this AFTER my visit with him). I will keep you posted for sure!
Thanks for your interest....
:-)