Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am back

Posted by john h on 9/14/01 at 22:10 (060406)

I have found myself stuck on the Social Support Board for a week . I first came here to find help for my hurting feet and i have. I will try to pickup where i left and that is to offer up all my experiences in hopes it might help some of you. I have had PF for nearly 8 years. I am much better these day and have been through it all including PF Surgery,TTS Surgery,ESWT, shots and all the other. You can get better so begin with that thought in mind.

Re: I am back

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 23:32 (060416)

Welcome back and thanks for the encouraging thoughts! As I think we have been trying to focus on to much thease few days! 8 yrs wow that is a long time!!!! I am so very happy for u John! I hope it continues as u certainly deserve it! Hugs to u!

john h on 9/15/01 at 08:48 (060426)

In all this confusion i have forgotten about your surgery tammie. How are you progressing? Walking or full weight bearing?

Tammie on 9/15/01 at 09:51 (060440)

I today posted on the tts board. I am working at trying to be full weight can with the boot on but not much at all in the shoe, ankle and foot seems so very weak , tho I know I will have to build it back up as not much use in the last almost 5 months.I was reading a post u made about elastic socks , are u talking a bout like a ted hose? I was wondering if it might help me to with the swelling I am expierancing? Did u use it with the tts and after surgery?My dr. put a elastic sleeve on my foot and told me he wants me to keep that on when up and about , but wondering if maybe the socks would help. I am feeling a bit anxious about the healing as I feel the need to return to doing things to get my mind away for some time and to nurioush my daughter a bit as she is feeling a bit angry with me and feeling a bit cooped up with tv and terror and pain in world wants to go out and live as she puts it! She says from her youth we need to live mom or they win in some ways, they like us to be sad and miserable and quiting everything and love hearing about our pain. She has her ideas of life and she is a young lady with some gumption she is a doer . Thanks for asking about me I feel awful guility of any complaints when so many have lost much more then there use of feet for a short period of time. Hugs to u John and thank u for being U!

Re: I am back for Tammie

john h on 9/15/01 at 11:06 (060451)

Many surgeries they will place support hose on your legs to prevent life threating blood clots. You can buy support stockings at most large drugstores. They have them for both men and women Tammie. They can and do reduce swelling for some people. When i had or though i had TTS the doctor said after surgery that he found a vericose vein inside the tarsal tunnel. Vericose veins are not always visable from the outside and can press on a nerve when they swell up. Support stockings can help prevent pooling of the blood in the feet and their is no downside that i am aware of. When i had PF and TTS surgery i had some kind of swelling and the doctor suggested them. I would jump all over them if i were you. They are not a prescription item and millions of people wear them just for comfort. For $10 there is not much to lose here.

tammie on 9/16/01 at 00:55 (060536)

Thanks going to get some,cant hurt!

Tammie on 9/14/01 at 23:32 (060416)

Welcome back and thanks for the encouraging thoughts! As I think we have been trying to focus on to much thease few days! 8 yrs wow that is a long time!!!! I am so very happy for u John! I hope it continues as u certainly deserve it! Hugs to u!

john h on 9/15/01 at 08:48 (060426)

In all this confusion i have forgotten about your surgery tammie. How are you progressing? Walking or full weight bearing?

Tammie on 9/15/01 at 09:51 (060440)

I today posted on the tts board. I am working at trying to be full weight can with the boot on but not much at all in the shoe, ankle and foot seems so very weak , tho I know I will have to build it back up as not much use in the last almost 5 months.I was reading a post u made about elastic socks , are u talking a bout like a ted hose? I was wondering if it might help me to with the swelling I am expierancing? Did u use it with the tts and after surgery?My dr. put a elastic sleeve on my foot and told me he wants me to keep that on when up and about , but wondering if maybe the socks would help. I am feeling a bit anxious about the healing as I feel the need to return to doing things to get my mind away for some time and to nurioush my daughter a bit as she is feeling a bit angry with me and feeling a bit cooped up with tv and terror and pain in world wants to go out and live as she puts it! She says from her youth we need to live mom or they win in some ways, they like us to be sad and miserable and quiting everything and love hearing about our pain. She has her ideas of life and she is a young lady with some gumption she is a doer . Thanks for asking about me I feel awful guility of any complaints when so many have lost much more then there use of feet for a short period of time. Hugs to u John and thank u for being U!

john h on 9/15/01 at 11:06 (060451)

Many surgeries they will place support hose on your legs to prevent life threating blood clots. You can buy support stockings at most large drugstores. They have them for both men and women Tammie. They can and do reduce swelling for some people. When i had or though i had TTS the doctor said after surgery that he found a vericose vein inside the tarsal tunnel. Vericose veins are not always visable from the outside and can press on a nerve when they swell up. Support stockings can help prevent pooling of the blood in the feet and their is no downside that i am aware of. When i had PF and TTS surgery i had some kind of swelling and the doctor suggested them. I would jump all over them if i were you. They are not a prescription item and millions of people wear them just for comfort. For $10 there is not much to lose here.

tammie on 9/16/01 at 00:55 (060536)

Thanks going to get some,cant hurt!