Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

question for wendy

Posted by wallyh on 9/15/01 at 11:34 (060458)

wendy,

Just curious..I'm wondering if you're from Edmonton. I'll from the NY area and will be in Edmonton afew weeks from now. I wondered (if you're from there at all} knew anything about the Sonorex facility there that treats with ESWT. I've written them about cost, etc and wondered if you might have other info about the cost of this in Canada.

Thanks,
Wally

Re: question for wendy

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 12:49 (060463)

Hi Wally - actually I'm in Calgary which is about 3 hours drive South of Edmonton. I haven't looked too much into Sonorex only because I'm not a candidate (Nerve problems).

I have met a man from the board (CarlW) who is also from Calgary, and I think he knows much more about the Sonorex here than I do.

He reads frequently - but doesn't post a lot. If you post a note on the ESWT board he may see it...maybe he can give you some info. Or - you could email me at mailwendy1@home.com and maybe I can put you two in touch.

Any chance you'll be in the Calgary area?

wallyh on 9/15/01 at 16:53 (060488)

Wendy,

Thanks for the info Wendy. I actually know a few people down in the Calgary area too. I will be in the area for mostly for pleasure and a little business. Going out to Jasper and Banff and if I have time, over to the University of Montana at Missoula to visit a faculty friend, and some people at The Missoula Children's theater in the Fiction Program. I have to be back in the States by Oct.17. So if I get the time perhaps I can hobble over to Calgary, eh?

Wally

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 21:04 (060515)

Okay eh.

You can let me know if you'll be dropping by.

We can go for some back bacon and beer.

Wear your touque.

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 23:56 (060523)

Before meeting you Wendy, I thought that when Canadians (like the MacKenzies) talked about touques, they meant TOKES (pot)! Was SCTV a popular show in Canada, or just the States? Edith Prickley's romance with Pierre Trudeau was memorable, and all those public service information spots about groundhogs. B.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 08:39 (060561)

I remember that there were a few of you who thought it meant tokes. Wally - we will run around in our toques. We will not run around and toke. At least I won't. I have asthma. But whatever!

wallyh on 9/16/01 at 13:15 (060586)

Wendy..Beauty way to go with the back bacon and beer idea. I suspect that we won't be running anywhere. ( the foot thing you know} Perhaps after dinner we could ice and tape and stretch together. And boo on the toking thing too. Customs and the RCMP might have a problem with that. Maybe not the RCMP..I heard they suffer from separation anxiety when they leave their horses.

Wally

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 13:49 (060588)

Maybe - by most of the RCMP wouldn't know one end of the horse from the other.

Beauty eh.

I haven't heard that for a while.

wallyh on 9/16/01 at 14:05 (060590)

Wendy...sorry it's the only Canadian I know..well, besides 'hoser' which I suspect is older. I think 'boo on that' is actually Cree in origin and popular in the Driftpile area. I am teachable and would love to learn more Canadian. They have no Canadian As A second Language here. Yet another stateside deficit.

Wally

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 15:19 (060596)

I am drinking a Molson as we speak. That is today's foray into cultural diversity. B.

john h on 9/16/01 at 16:46 (060606)

Barb: while you are drinking moulson my cat just came up and took a couple of laps out of my V.O. I am serious. He seemed to like it. I will really need to switch him to something cheaper. my wife observed him and then me pick up and continue with my drink and once again she wants no part of me. If i cannot drink my V.O. after my cat who can i drink after?

john h on 9/17/01 at 10:11 (060696)

My rememberances of Wendy: She is our resident expert on TTS, It is cold where she lives, She rids a lifecycle for thirty minutes at level 3-4, she hates big pictures of herself on the board (must be vain), works in an office, has long hair, stands with her feet in a funny way, walks like a duck, she gives scott a hard time,just returned from vacation and she is a very nice lady. I have never met Wendy. We learn a lot about each other around here. Is that not nice.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 13:12 (060729)

My rememberances of John....

He's been here longer than me. (On the board and on the earth)
He eats science diet for fun.
He stirs his coffee with an eta spoon.
He likes tuna fish sandwiches for lunch.
He lives in Arkansas (?)
His wife's name is Mary and he complains about her all the time but her really loves her.
He's an Army dude who now has to put up with frilly bedcovers.
He gets really flustered when he sees uncovered legs.
He does all the cooking and cleaning and he never lets us hear the end of it.
He is one of my favorite people here.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 13:15 (060730)

Sorry - I missed your question before Barbara. SCTV was a popluar show here...it's on the comedy channel here now with re runs. You wouldn't believe all the people who got their start there...I love the old episodes with John Candy.

I did not know that the show was ever even on in the States - I thought you guys just heard the Christmas song.

Richard, C.Ped on 9/17/01 at 13:24 (060732)

Wow...that is weird. I was up the other night around 2 or 3 am with the baby, and SCTV was on. I remember watching that when I was a kid. It was still very funny. I was laughing so hard, I would wake the baby up as soon as she dozed off. What a great show.
Richard

john h on 9/17/01 at 16:20 (060762)

yes i do love tuna fish sandwichs but i do not remember posting that. how did you know that? I am an 'Air Force Dude' but i understand most of the fair sex do not differentate between the services. I bet you know a mountie when you see one in his bright red uniform (Nelson Eddy) and on his horse. you cannot make a decent bed with frilly bed covers and yes while i was doing my house work yesterday mary was swimming and chatting with all the muscle beach guys at the club. further, she complained that i had not brushed the cat before i vacumed when she returned so i just took a bit of science diet and that kept her away.

nancy s. on 9/17/01 at 16:59 (060771)

i've gotta get me some of that science diet stuff. you never know when it'll come in handy, like when INS thugs come to my door looking for a lady down the road.
and john, just who is mary supposed to chat with if you're going to stay home and do all the housework?
i read your day 2 post on another board. i am so happy for you today!!!
you're also making me howl. phil keeps wondering from his sickbed in the other room who it is i have out here with me. he's getting suspicious.
nancy

Re: Tuna

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 18:34 (060779)

I think I will let you sit and wonder how I knew that...at least for a little bit.

Sorry - air force dude. And you're right - in my head they are usually the same. Although I know that Marines are the REALLY good looking dudes in White on the boats. Ships?

john h on 9/17/01 at 18:59 (060785)

now i will not sleep thinking about that tuna. give me a tuna on whole wheat and a molson and you own me. and as for boat and ships i do not know to this day which is which. yes, i know you girls go for those white uniforms, as a matter of fact i sort of think those lady naval officers look very cool in their white uniforms.

Barbara TX on 9/17/01 at 19:27 (060797)

I have watched it eer since I was a kid... Edith Prickley is my hero. B.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 21:38 (060816)

Edith Prickley was the one in the leopard skin and fun hat - cat's eye glasses...snorts a lot? Am I thinking of the right one?

Do you remember Johnny Laroux?

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 12:49 (060463)

Hi Wally - actually I'm in Calgary which is about 3 hours drive South of Edmonton. I haven't looked too much into Sonorex only because I'm not a candidate (Nerve problems).

I have met a man from the board (CarlW) who is also from Calgary, and I think he knows much more about the Sonorex here than I do.

He reads frequently - but doesn't post a lot. If you post a note on the ESWT board he may see it...maybe he can give you some info. Or - you could email me at mailwendy1@home.com and maybe I can put you two in touch.

Any chance you'll be in the Calgary area?

wallyh on 9/15/01 at 16:53 (060488)

Wendy,

Thanks for the info Wendy. I actually know a few people down in the Calgary area too. I will be in the area for mostly for pleasure and a little business. Going out to Jasper and Banff and if I have time, over to the University of Montana at Missoula to visit a faculty friend, and some people at The Missoula Children's theater in the Fiction Program. I have to be back in the States by Oct.17. So if I get the time perhaps I can hobble over to Calgary, eh?

Wally

wendyn on 9/15/01 at 21:04 (060515)

Okay eh.

You can let me know if you'll be dropping by.

We can go for some back bacon and beer.

Wear your touque.

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 23:56 (060523)

Before meeting you Wendy, I thought that when Canadians (like the MacKenzies) talked about touques, they meant TOKES (pot)! Was SCTV a popular show in Canada, or just the States? Edith Prickley's romance with Pierre Trudeau was memorable, and all those public service information spots about groundhogs. B.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 08:39 (060561)

I remember that there were a few of you who thought it meant tokes. Wally - we will run around in our toques. We will not run around and toke. At least I won't. I have asthma. But whatever!

wallyh on 9/16/01 at 13:15 (060586)

Wendy..Beauty way to go with the back bacon and beer idea. I suspect that we won't be running anywhere. ( the foot thing you know} Perhaps after dinner we could ice and tape and stretch together. And boo on the toking thing too. Customs and the RCMP might have a problem with that. Maybe not the RCMP..I heard they suffer from separation anxiety when they leave their horses.

Wally

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 13:49 (060588)

Maybe - by most of the RCMP wouldn't know one end of the horse from the other.

Beauty eh.

I haven't heard that for a while.

wallyh on 9/16/01 at 14:05 (060590)

Wendy...sorry it's the only Canadian I know..well, besides 'hoser' which I suspect is older. I think 'boo on that' is actually Cree in origin and popular in the Driftpile area. I am teachable and would love to learn more Canadian. They have no Canadian As A second Language here. Yet another stateside deficit.

Wally

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 15:19 (060596)

I am drinking a Molson as we speak. That is today's foray into cultural diversity. B.

john h on 9/16/01 at 16:46 (060606)

Barb: while you are drinking moulson my cat just came up and took a couple of laps out of my V.O. I am serious. He seemed to like it. I will really need to switch him to something cheaper. my wife observed him and then me pick up and continue with my drink and once again she wants no part of me. If i cannot drink my V.O. after my cat who can i drink after?

john h on 9/17/01 at 10:11 (060696)

My rememberances of Wendy: She is our resident expert on TTS, It is cold where she lives, She rids a lifecycle for thirty minutes at level 3-4, she hates big pictures of herself on the board (must be vain), works in an office, has long hair, stands with her feet in a funny way, walks like a duck, she gives scott a hard time,just returned from vacation and she is a very nice lady. I have never met Wendy. We learn a lot about each other around here. Is that not nice.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 13:12 (060729)

My rememberances of John....

He's been here longer than me. (On the board and on the earth)
He eats science diet for fun.
He stirs his coffee with an eta spoon.
He likes tuna fish sandwiches for lunch.
He lives in Arkansas (?)
His wife's name is Mary and he complains about her all the time but her really loves her.
He's an Army dude who now has to put up with frilly bedcovers.
He gets really flustered when he sees uncovered legs.
He does all the cooking and cleaning and he never lets us hear the end of it.
He is one of my favorite people here.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 13:15 (060730)

Sorry - I missed your question before Barbara. SCTV was a popluar show here...it's on the comedy channel here now with re runs. You wouldn't believe all the people who got their start there...I love the old episodes with John Candy.

I did not know that the show was ever even on in the States - I thought you guys just heard the Christmas song.

Richard, C.Ped on 9/17/01 at 13:24 (060732)

Wow...that is weird. I was up the other night around 2 or 3 am with the baby, and SCTV was on. I remember watching that when I was a kid. It was still very funny. I was laughing so hard, I would wake the baby up as soon as she dozed off. What a great show.
Richard

john h on 9/17/01 at 16:20 (060762)

yes i do love tuna fish sandwichs but i do not remember posting that. how did you know that? I am an 'Air Force Dude' but i understand most of the fair sex do not differentate between the services. I bet you know a mountie when you see one in his bright red uniform (Nelson Eddy) and on his horse. you cannot make a decent bed with frilly bed covers and yes while i was doing my house work yesterday mary was swimming and chatting with all the muscle beach guys at the club. further, she complained that i had not brushed the cat before i vacumed when she returned so i just took a bit of science diet and that kept her away.

nancy s. on 9/17/01 at 16:59 (060771)

i've gotta get me some of that science diet stuff. you never know when it'll come in handy, like when INS thugs come to my door looking for a lady down the road.
and john, just who is mary supposed to chat with if you're going to stay home and do all the housework?
i read your day 2 post on another board. i am so happy for you today!!!
you're also making me howl. phil keeps wondering from his sickbed in the other room who it is i have out here with me. he's getting suspicious.
nancy

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 18:34 (060779)

I think I will let you sit and wonder how I knew that...at least for a little bit.

Sorry - air force dude. And you're right - in my head they are usually the same. Although I know that Marines are the REALLY good looking dudes in White on the boats. Ships?

john h on 9/17/01 at 18:59 (060785)

now i will not sleep thinking about that tuna. give me a tuna on whole wheat and a molson and you own me. and as for boat and ships i do not know to this day which is which. yes, i know you girls go for those white uniforms, as a matter of fact i sort of think those lady naval officers look very cool in their white uniforms.

Barbara TX on 9/17/01 at 19:27 (060797)

I have watched it eer since I was a kid... Edith Prickley is my hero. B.

wendyn on 9/17/01 at 21:38 (060816)

Edith Prickley was the one in the leopard skin and fun hat - cat's eye glasses...snorts a lot? Am I thinking of the right one?

Do you remember Johnny Laroux?