Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Inflammation

Posted by D.Thomas on 9/15/01 at 14:36 (060470)

Well. I just can't seem to get this inflammation to stop at all. If I don't have my feet elevated they start to inflamate no matter where I am. I can actually feel the whole bottom of my foot expand and it starts to get painful and stiff. I have tried dos pack, lodine, vioxx, and advil. I have also tried the cherry drink stuff and some other things. My first step is to get this inflammation down but it doesn't want to, any ideas or suggestions?

I stopped strecthing all together and I am just trying to rest, but the inflammation is bad all the time without them elevated.

Re: Inflammation

PatC on 9/20/01 at 10:52 (061054)

I have been having the same problem. Just when I think I'm over the worse, my foot swells up again. Physical Therapist told me on Tues that I just have to keep on using ice, stretching and taking Vioxx. He then said that maybe I would then be able to wear shoes with backs.I cannot stand any shoes other than backless one. I notice that it is worse when I don't take the time to rest during the day and am on my feet more. I guess that it will just take time. Hang in there.

Re: Inflammation

PatC on 9/20/01 at 10:52 (061054)

I have been having the same problem. Just when I think I'm over the worse, my foot swells up again. Physical Therapist told me on Tues that I just have to keep on using ice, stretching and taking Vioxx. He then said that maybe I would then be able to wear shoes with backs.I cannot stand any shoes other than backless one. I notice that it is worse when I don't take the time to rest during the day and am on my feet more. I guess that it will just take time. Hang in there.