Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Having TTS, PF, and heal spur surg 9-18

Posted by Karma on 9/15/01 at 15:38 (060477)

Iam having surg on wed sept 18 just wondering, my doc says he is not puting me in a cast just dressings is this normal. I know I cant walk on it for two weeks and i will be off work 8 weeks. I have been waitng for 8 weeks to have surgary because of my new job... Wish me luck.

Re: Having TTS, PF, and heal spur surg 9-18

cindyp on 9/15/01 at 20:10 (060506)

Yeah that's normal. Different docs do different stuff. I didn't have a cast just major bandages.

Pauline on 9/15/01 at 20:40 (060511)

Your date is just around the corner. Good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.

karma on 9/16/01 at 11:41 (060574)

Thanks for the information keep me in your prayers.

Carol C on 9/16/01 at 17:47 (060615)

But, were you off work EIGHT WEEKS? I am not even contemplating that much time off work. AT MOST, I am thinking two weeks, and would prefer to take off no more than one week....I am looking at possibly just TTS surgery.

cindyp on 9/16/01 at 18:52 (060619)

One week off is just not being realistic. The dr. told me two weeks off the foot so it can heal. Then with all the soreness I was on a cane for another two weeks still putting up the foot to take down intermittent swelling. I am 90 days post surgery. Ifeel pretty good but am not totally and completely well. There are times I feel some weakness and am very careful to watch how I step if on a chair to reach high up. I am careful when walking anywhere to make sure I do not step on something and twist the ankle. The dr. will tell you that at the very least two to four weeks.

Re: 2 weeks is not very long

Tammie on 9/16/01 at 20:21 (060620)

I dont know I am just a couple days past 2 weeks , I am not sure of the type of work u do but I would be very surprised if u were ready t o return in under 2 weeks! I dont think I could work even a desk job yet, it is very uncomfortable and I have enough swelling that shoes are out on that foot for the time, and when u hang your foot for any time it hurts or sends the nervy stuff ,I know every one is different . But I tend to over do it , and i will tell you honestly that this is no piece of cake I feel it is keeping me in check still. Not that i cant do things I can but usually end up wishing i hadnt by night fall or the next day! Of course I think you should discuss with your dr. and see what he says as maybe he can advise u much better but i read your post and thought oh my sounds pretty quick to me. Maybe a few hours and I say that with hesitancy, but I still find myself on bad days reaching for some help with the pain in the means of a pill I try not to use and most often dont but have and they make u drowsy. Just a nother opioion of course and would hate for u to have such high expectations and find out the hard and unprepared way. If you are going to the drastic steps of surgery wouldnt you want to give it enough time to heal properly? And yes cindy had a good point , my ankle and foot is extreamly weak felt like jelly , and I still am not walking on it totaly,I would worry about you. Good Luck of course and maybe you will have better luck my dr. says at the earliest for any work release is 4 weeks and that is desk and no walking or standing. He says sometimes you need pt also.

cindyp on 9/16/01 at 22:12 (060642)

Welllucky you I couldn't get shoes on until six weeks. Didn't have pt at all but had 25 stitches on my right foot. Just keep the foot up and when the swelling and trauma to the area go down TAKE IT SLOW. you aren't running a spring.I myself will never run again. take your time.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 22:45 (060645)

Two weeks for a TTS recovery sounds very optimistic to me. What are they going in there to fix?

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 22:46 (060646)

Carol Carol Carol!

Just went back and read your post.

One week!!! My goodness....was has your doctor told you about this surgery?!?!?!

Gina on 9/17/01 at 12:44 (060725)

Did your surgery succeed?
And, when was it?

Jana on 9/17/01 at 12:45 (060726)

Did your surgery succeed and how long ago was it?

Re: Is your surgery tomorrow or the day after?

elliott on 9/17/01 at 13:09 (060728)

9-18 is not a Wednesday. Whenever it is, best of luck. Hope it's successful.

Karma on 9/18/01 at 11:56 (060850)

My surgury is wed sept 19 sorry for the wrong thanks for all the good wishes.

Karma on 9/18/01 at 11:58 (060851)

thanks for all the good wishes my surgary is wed sept 19 sorry for the wrong day spent the moring at my reg doc to make sure my blood pressure is allright for tomarrow.

Re: Good Luck Karma

Tammie on 9/18/01 at 12:14 (060852)

Dear Karma, I wish you lots of love and prayers and will think of you tomorrow! I hope all works out and you will finally regain some of yoru life back without pain! Take care and please let us know how you are doing when u feel up to it! Take care and remember get plenty of rest! Hugs and prayers

JudyS on 9/18/01 at 13:42 (060861)

Will be sending good vibes your way tomorrow, Karma!

Jana on 9/18/01 at 18:05 (060893)

Do you feel your surgery was a success?

cindyp on 9/15/01 at 20:10 (060506)

Yeah that's normal. Different docs do different stuff. I didn't have a cast just major bandages.

Pauline on 9/15/01 at 20:40 (060511)

Your date is just around the corner. Good luck with your surgery. Keep us posted.

karma on 9/16/01 at 11:41 (060574)

Thanks for the information keep me in your prayers.

Carol C on 9/16/01 at 17:47 (060615)

But, were you off work EIGHT WEEKS? I am not even contemplating that much time off work. AT MOST, I am thinking two weeks, and would prefer to take off no more than one week....I am looking at possibly just TTS surgery.

cindyp on 9/16/01 at 18:52 (060619)

One week off is just not being realistic. The dr. told me two weeks off the foot so it can heal. Then with all the soreness I was on a cane for another two weeks still putting up the foot to take down intermittent swelling. I am 90 days post surgery. Ifeel pretty good but am not totally and completely well. There are times I feel some weakness and am very careful to watch how I step if on a chair to reach high up. I am careful when walking anywhere to make sure I do not step on something and twist the ankle. The dr. will tell you that at the very least two to four weeks.

Tammie on 9/16/01 at 20:21 (060620)

I dont know I am just a couple days past 2 weeks , I am not sure of the type of work u do but I would be very surprised if u were ready t o return in under 2 weeks! I dont think I could work even a desk job yet, it is very uncomfortable and I have enough swelling that shoes are out on that foot for the time, and when u hang your foot for any time it hurts or sends the nervy stuff ,I know every one is different . But I tend to over do it , and i will tell you honestly that this is no piece of cake I feel it is keeping me in check still. Not that i cant do things I can but usually end up wishing i hadnt by night fall or the next day! Of course I think you should discuss with your dr. and see what he says as maybe he can advise u much better but i read your post and thought oh my sounds pretty quick to me. Maybe a few hours and I say that with hesitancy, but I still find myself on bad days reaching for some help with the pain in the means of a pill I try not to use and most often dont but have and they make u drowsy. Just a nother opioion of course and would hate for u to have such high expectations and find out the hard and unprepared way. If you are going to the drastic steps of surgery wouldnt you want to give it enough time to heal properly? And yes cindy had a good point , my ankle and foot is extreamly weak felt like jelly , and I still am not walking on it totaly,I would worry about you. Good Luck of course and maybe you will have better luck my dr. says at the earliest for any work release is 4 weeks and that is desk and no walking or standing. He says sometimes you need pt also.

cindyp on 9/16/01 at 22:12 (060642)

Welllucky you I couldn't get shoes on until six weeks. Didn't have pt at all but had 25 stitches on my right foot. Just keep the foot up and when the swelling and trauma to the area go down TAKE IT SLOW. you aren't running a spring.I myself will never run again. take your time.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 22:45 (060645)

Two weeks for a TTS recovery sounds very optimistic to me. What are they going in there to fix?

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 22:46 (060646)

Carol Carol Carol!

Just went back and read your post.

One week!!! My goodness....was has your doctor told you about this surgery?!?!?!

Gina on 9/17/01 at 12:44 (060725)

Did your surgery succeed?
And, when was it?

Jana on 9/17/01 at 12:45 (060726)

Did your surgery succeed and how long ago was it?

Re: Is your surgery tomorrow or the day after?

elliott on 9/17/01 at 13:09 (060728)

9-18 is not a Wednesday. Whenever it is, best of luck. Hope it's successful.

Karma on 9/18/01 at 11:56 (060850)

My surgury is wed sept 19 sorry for the wrong thanks for all the good wishes.

Karma on 9/18/01 at 11:58 (060851)

thanks for all the good wishes my surgary is wed sept 19 sorry for the wrong day spent the moring at my reg doc to make sure my blood pressure is allright for tomarrow.

Re: Good Luck Karma

Tammie on 9/18/01 at 12:14 (060852)

Dear Karma, I wish you lots of love and prayers and will think of you tomorrow! I hope all works out and you will finally regain some of yoru life back without pain! Take care and please let us know how you are doing when u feel up to it! Take care and remember get plenty of rest! Hugs and prayers

JudyS on 9/18/01 at 13:42 (060861)

Will be sending good vibes your way tomorrow, Karma!

Jana on 9/18/01 at 18:05 (060893)

Do you feel your surgery was a success?