Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

divide and conquer?

Posted by JudyS on 9/15/01 at 16:44 (060487)

At the risk of sounding trite, I can't help but wonder during my musings today if our tiny little PF society has reacted exactly the way the BinLaden's of the world want our whole society to react.....decay from within?
It is much too alarming to hear some friends here say that they're not coming back to this site. Does that mean someone other than us has 'won'?
I sure hope time and some fresh thought will revitalize the glue that has kept us together.

Re: divide and conquer?

Laurie R on 9/15/01 at 18:34 (060493)

Thank you Judy , I was thinking the same thing. We can not decay from within . Thank you so much for pointing this out . Peace to all.. Laurie R

john h on 9/15/01 at 19:16 (060495)

hey laurie: forget the decay stuff and have a glass of wine and enjoy a movie. as little kids we always thought 'something good will happen'! and so it will.

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 20:07 (060503)

Yes... funny how life goes on despite. I am so greatful now for everything - these two kids here are so funny and wonderful. They just got a tank of fish, and that simple thing has delighted them all weekend. Not a thing can cloud their joy at simple things... saving a peach pit to grow in a styrofoam cup, getting a new baseball, dancing in a tutu - you name it. They teach me to enjoy each thing, because life can last such a little while. B.

Laurie R on 9/15/01 at 21:25 (060516)

Right on John!!!!!!!!

Tammie on 9/15/01 at 23:58 (060524)

Didnt I sort of say that to? And I was kinda told nicly that it was a healthy disussion and that they felt bad that I felt that way? I am sorry I said anything.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 00:30 (060530)

tammie, please don't be sorry that you said anything. your great heart is needed here.
nancy

Laurie R on 9/16/01 at 00:45 (060534)

Tammie , Like Nancy said don't be sorry .. You have one of the biggest hearts out of anyone. This week has been so hard for everyone . Let's keep our PF family together , not apart .... How does that sound?? Much love and peace Laurie R

Clara on 9/16/01 at 04:01 (060553)

I agree, let´s hold on to oneanother!!
That´s all we can do

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((1000 x 1000 hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Clara

john h on 9/16/01 at 12:07 (060577)

Barb: what would i not give to see 'you' dance in a tutu?

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 12:50 (060582)

I'm afraid you would only heap upon yourself another national tragedy if you request this, but I will see what I can do.

Saw Dick Cheney interviewed by Tim Russert today. I'e had a crush on him since the Nixon administration. While other girls put posters of Leif Garrett and Shawn Cassidy on their walls, I was writing my dreamy letters to Pennsylvania Ave. Dick, what is your favorite color? What is your favorite song? He would only write back saying that if he were to divulge this confidential information, he would have to have local FBI operatives
'take me out.' If you think I get the total vapors now, you should have seen me then. I know that Nancy is appalled, but you have to accept the quirks of all your foot friends. Lord knows what dark secrets we extraordinary few hide. B.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 13:00 (060583)

I wrote to Shawn Cassidy. And I think Leif Garret.

?

john h on 9/16/01 at 13:09 (060584)

Barb: his favorite song is 'Days of Wine and Roses'. I think his favorite color is Fusia (spelling?).

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 13:30 (060587)

my wonderful, smart, witty, unmarried-all-her-life aunt had a crush on nixon himself. even if i were a republican, i'd never get that one! it was a major skeleton in the family closet.

scott r on 9/16/01 at 13:55 (060589)

ya'll are grossing me out over this nixon thing.

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 15:15 (060595)

Am I a skeleton in the heelspurs.com closet? I do believe that I have outed myself. My senior prom date bears an uncanny resemblance to Cheney (NOT to be cunfused with 'Tricky Dick' Nixon). Cheney came into his own in the Ford administration, actually, but I can spot greatness at the get-go. I will bring my prom photo for John to verify in NJ. As usual, I towered over him in stupid heels. We played a fierce game of Scrabble afterwards (I'm not kidding). B.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 15:39 (060598)

my senior prom date bore an uncanny resemblance to myself -- and we even had the same last name. didn't work out at all.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 15:41 (060599)

tell me about it, scott! i was grossed out for ages. still am, and my aunt's been gone for three years.

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 22:04 (060639)

Those are my favorites too! Dick and I must have a psychic connection. B.

Laurie R on 9/15/01 at 18:34 (060493)

Thank you Judy , I was thinking the same thing. We can not decay from within . Thank you so much for pointing this out . Peace to all.. Laurie R

john h on 9/15/01 at 19:16 (060495)

hey laurie: forget the decay stuff and have a glass of wine and enjoy a movie. as little kids we always thought 'something good will happen'! and so it will.

Barbara TX on 9/15/01 at 20:07 (060503)

Yes... funny how life goes on despite. I am so greatful now for everything - these two kids here are so funny and wonderful. They just got a tank of fish, and that simple thing has delighted them all weekend. Not a thing can cloud their joy at simple things... saving a peach pit to grow in a styrofoam cup, getting a new baseball, dancing in a tutu - you name it. They teach me to enjoy each thing, because life can last such a little while. B.

Laurie R on 9/15/01 at 21:25 (060516)

Right on John!!!!!!!!

Tammie on 9/15/01 at 23:58 (060524)

Didnt I sort of say that to? And I was kinda told nicly that it was a healthy disussion and that they felt bad that I felt that way? I am sorry I said anything.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 00:30 (060530)

tammie, please don't be sorry that you said anything. your great heart is needed here.
nancy

Laurie R on 9/16/01 at 00:45 (060534)

Tammie , Like Nancy said don't be sorry .. You have one of the biggest hearts out of anyone. This week has been so hard for everyone . Let's keep our PF family together , not apart .... How does that sound?? Much love and peace Laurie R

Clara on 9/16/01 at 04:01 (060553)

I agree, let´s hold on to oneanother!!
That´s all we can do

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((1000 x 1000 hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))

Clara

john h on 9/16/01 at 12:07 (060577)

Barb: what would i not give to see 'you' dance in a tutu?

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 12:50 (060582)

I'm afraid you would only heap upon yourself another national tragedy if you request this, but I will see what I can do.

Saw Dick Cheney interviewed by Tim Russert today. I'e had a crush on him since the Nixon administration. While other girls put posters of Leif Garrett and Shawn Cassidy on their walls, I was writing my dreamy letters to Pennsylvania Ave. Dick, what is your favorite color? What is your favorite song? He would only write back saying that if he were to divulge this confidential information, he would have to have local FBI operatives
'take me out.' If you think I get the total vapors now, you should have seen me then. I know that Nancy is appalled, but you have to accept the quirks of all your foot friends. Lord knows what dark secrets we extraordinary few hide. B.

wendyn on 9/16/01 at 13:00 (060583)

I wrote to Shawn Cassidy. And I think Leif Garret.

?

john h on 9/16/01 at 13:09 (060584)

Barb: his favorite song is 'Days of Wine and Roses'. I think his favorite color is Fusia (spelling?).

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 13:30 (060587)

my wonderful, smart, witty, unmarried-all-her-life aunt had a crush on nixon himself. even if i were a republican, i'd never get that one! it was a major skeleton in the family closet.

scott r on 9/16/01 at 13:55 (060589)

ya'll are grossing me out over this nixon thing.

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 15:15 (060595)

Am I a skeleton in the heelspurs.com closet? I do believe that I have outed myself. My senior prom date bears an uncanny resemblance to Cheney (NOT to be cunfused with 'Tricky Dick' Nixon). Cheney came into his own in the Ford administration, actually, but I can spot greatness at the get-go. I will bring my prom photo for John to verify in NJ. As usual, I towered over him in stupid heels. We played a fierce game of Scrabble afterwards (I'm not kidding). B.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 15:39 (060598)

my senior prom date bore an uncanny resemblance to myself -- and we even had the same last name. didn't work out at all.

nancy s. on 9/16/01 at 15:41 (060599)

tell me about it, scott! i was grossed out for ages. still am, and my aunt's been gone for three years.

Barbara TX on 9/16/01 at 22:04 (060639)

Those are my favorites too! Dick and I must have a psychic connection. B.