Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

pf and fybromyalgia

Posted by Jan C on 9/15/01 at 19:14 (060494)

Firstly - my thoughts are with all you Americans this week - what a DREADFUL thing to happen. All of New Zealand feels such sorrow for you.

I have had pf for the last two years - have tried most things but with no success. I have recently been diagnosed with fybromyalgia and have noticed that several people on the heelspurs site also have the same two problems.

Does this mean that my pf is not going to get any better - and if I should have ESWT (NZ currently does not offer ESWT - so would have to travel out of the country for treatment)what would be the chances of success?

Any other thoughts you may have on the two conditions could be helpful.

Jan

Re: pf and fybromyalgia

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/16/01 at 02:48 (060546)

Jan:

It is certainly possible to have both fibromyalgia and PF but they are independent problems. Check the various means for the treatment of PF on this site--many things to be tried before you assume that your PF is 'intractable' and is in need for ESWT.

NZ is a wonderful country. I went there on my honeymoon. I had a friend who had sold his practice in Detroit and moved to NZ to practice, a bit north of Wellington. He has moved back to North America a couple years ago.
Ed

Pauline on 9/16/01 at 21:34 (060632)

Jan,
Have you tried Dr. Reynolds, Jade 168 Balm. The cream is herbal, safe to use and made in Australia. Dr. Reynolds is a physician in Australia. He has been running a trial with some of the people here on heelspurs. Some have had good results and others poor. I'm not part of heelspurs trial, but I am using the cream and have seen a reduction in my pain level. You might think about trying it. I get it from http://www.jade168balm.com I'd also tell you to try ESWT if your a candidate before having any P.F. surgery even if you have to travel. A week of reading the surgery board will convince you. Good luck with what ever you try.

Jan C on 9/17/01 at 00:16 (060664)

Pauline - thanks for your posting. I have been trying Jade Balm for several weeks but with no luck so far. It looks like the only thing I haven't tried is ESWT (or surgery - which I definitely DON'T want)- but I shall keep looking at all the postings on heelspurs to see if there are any other options I haven't tried yet.

Thanks again.

Jan

Re: posts

Carmen H on 9/17/01 at 14:58 (060748)

Jan~

Take a look on the treatment and symptoms board under Pat C and Carmen H posts on FM. There are a few sites I have recommended to her to look into on FM (I once thought I might be headed that way for a diagnoses....but I don't have it) and it may be helpful to you. I have as well and geared my research toward those things that may combine the two FM and PF.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/16/01 at 02:48 (060546)

Jan:

It is certainly possible to have both fibromyalgia and PF but they are independent problems. Check the various means for the treatment of PF on this site--many things to be tried before you assume that your PF is 'intractable' and is in need for ESWT.

NZ is a wonderful country. I went there on my honeymoon. I had a friend who had sold his practice in Detroit and moved to NZ to practice, a bit north of Wellington. He has moved back to North America a couple years ago.
Ed

Pauline on 9/16/01 at 21:34 (060632)

Jan,
Have you tried Dr. Reynolds, Jade 168 Balm. The cream is herbal, safe to use and made in Australia. Dr. Reynolds is a physician in Australia. He has been running a trial with some of the people here on heelspurs. Some have had good results and others poor. I'm not part of heelspurs trial, but I am using the cream and have seen a reduction in my pain level. You might think about trying it. I get it from http://www.jade168balm.com I'd also tell you to try ESWT if your a candidate before having any P.F. surgery even if you have to travel. A week of reading the surgery board will convince you. Good luck with what ever you try.

Jan C on 9/17/01 at 00:16 (060664)

Pauline - thanks for your posting. I have been trying Jade Balm for several weeks but with no luck so far. It looks like the only thing I haven't tried is ESWT (or surgery - which I definitely DON'T want)- but I shall keep looking at all the postings on heelspurs to see if there are any other options I haven't tried yet.

Thanks again.

Jan

Re: posts

Carmen H on 9/17/01 at 14:58 (060748)

Jan~

Take a look on the treatment and symptoms board under Pat C and Carmen H posts on FM. There are a few sites I have recommended to her to look into on FM (I once thought I might be headed that way for a diagnoses....but I don't have it) and it may be helpful to you. I have as well and geared my research toward those things that may combine the two FM and PF.