Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hiking the appalacian trail

Posted by linda A on 9/17/01 at 06:08 (060671)

john h has once again inspired me to fulfill my dream , hiking the appalacian ( spelling could be wrong )trail . i used to hike 2- 3 hrs a day in park . not a serious hiker . have neck problems , so i would have to recruit some strong men ( scott & john ) to carry some heavy items . john could fight off the black bears in tenn . and scott could fix us a mean oppossum soup . i was wondering if any other ladies would like to join us in the woods . antique browsing is nice but i need to work off this weight . i would have to begin this trip when i am in the mania phase and not when i am depressed . have lots of energy right now , but the timing is all wrong for starting the trail . need to start in the spring time .

Re: hiking the appalacian trail

JudyS on 9/17/01 at 10:12 (060697)

Linda, I will be there with you in the spring. The Appalachian and the Pacific Crest are my hiking dreams.

john h on 9/17/01 at 10:24 (060701)

judy you need to come on down and lets hike the Arkansas Ozarks. Beautiful espically in the fall when the leaves turn.

john h on 9/17/01 at 14:46 (060747)

i refuse to go into the woods with scott. he cannot even make a bed. how is he going to make it in the woods. no soy milk there. his idea of driving a car is standing on top of it and jumping up and down he will eat kudzuh however. linda i lived in Murphy, N.C. very near the Cherokee Indain Reservation. Lots of mountains and lots of bears.

linda A on 9/17/01 at 23:37 (060823)

john --- i was trying to picture where you lived . i thought you lived in the city . ha ha ! of course we are going to have to place those small soy milk continers in our back packs for scott . can we not strap scott to the hood of the car like he was our trophy for the day ? thank you judy s for being so daring to join us our adventure . john how close are you to appalacian trail ?

linda A on 9/17/01 at 23:44 (060824)

thank you judy s . can we not recruit anyone else ? i think if we travel in a wild pack those bears will leave us alone . did i mention the fear of bears in the wild ? i thought the bohemian scott would scare off any snakes .

john h on 9/18/01 at 10:09 (060839)

Linda when i lived in N.C. i lived on the Applichian Trail high in the Smokey Mountains on the Tennessed border. The trail runs from north Georgia all the way to Maine. I was to young to appreciate the absolute gorgous mountains i lived in. My high school used to play the Cherokee Indian High School which of course was all Cherokee Indians. I wonder if that still exist? If anyone wants to make a breathtaking drive they should drive from Knoxville, TN. up into the Smokey Mountains.

Now I live in Arkansas which is very hilly with forest in central Arkansas and as you drive north you enter the Missouri Ozarks. Northwest Arkansas is very mountainous with lots of lakes and wonderful hiking trails. Our state has less than 3 million people with Little Rock at 180,000 the largest city in the state. From my front door in Little Rock i can be in some mountains in 20 minutes.

JudyS on 9/18/01 at 10:34 (060842)

Linda, there are those who may say I travel in a 'wild pack' all by myself.....:)

john h on 9/18/01 at 18:28 (060897)

yes Judy you will truly be 'An American Warewolf in London'! And the pack you run with Barb,Nancy,Nancy, makes an impressive pack. I will insure i have my rabies shot before i venture to New Jersey.

JudyS on 9/17/01 at 10:12 (060697)

Linda, I will be there with you in the spring. The Appalachian and the Pacific Crest are my hiking dreams.

john h on 9/17/01 at 10:24 (060701)

judy you need to come on down and lets hike the Arkansas Ozarks. Beautiful espically in the fall when the leaves turn.

john h on 9/17/01 at 14:46 (060747)

i refuse to go into the woods with scott. he cannot even make a bed. how is he going to make it in the woods. no soy milk there. his idea of driving a car is standing on top of it and jumping up and down he will eat kudzuh however. linda i lived in Murphy, N.C. very near the Cherokee Indain Reservation. Lots of mountains and lots of bears.

linda A on 9/17/01 at 23:37 (060823)

john --- i was trying to picture where you lived . i thought you lived in the city . ha ha ! of course we are going to have to place those small soy milk continers in our back packs for scott . can we not strap scott to the hood of the car like he was our trophy for the day ? thank you judy s for being so daring to join us our adventure . john how close are you to appalacian trail ?

linda A on 9/17/01 at 23:44 (060824)

thank you judy s . can we not recruit anyone else ? i think if we travel in a wild pack those bears will leave us alone . did i mention the fear of bears in the wild ? i thought the bohemian scott would scare off any snakes .

john h on 9/18/01 at 10:09 (060839)

Linda when i lived in N.C. i lived on the Applichian Trail high in the Smokey Mountains on the Tennessed border. The trail runs from north Georgia all the way to Maine. I was to young to appreciate the absolute gorgous mountains i lived in. My high school used to play the Cherokee Indian High School which of course was all Cherokee Indians. I wonder if that still exist? If anyone wants to make a breathtaking drive they should drive from Knoxville, TN. up into the Smokey Mountains.

Now I live in Arkansas which is very hilly with forest in central Arkansas and as you drive north you enter the Missouri Ozarks. Northwest Arkansas is very mountainous with lots of lakes and wonderful hiking trails. Our state has less than 3 million people with Little Rock at 180,000 the largest city in the state. From my front door in Little Rock i can be in some mountains in 20 minutes.

JudyS on 9/18/01 at 10:34 (060842)

Linda, there are those who may say I travel in a 'wild pack' all by myself.....:)

john h on 9/18/01 at 18:28 (060897)

yes Judy you will truly be 'An American Warewolf in London'! And the pack you run with Barb,Nancy,Nancy, makes an impressive pack. I will insure i have my rabies shot before i venture to New Jersey.