Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Day 2

Posted by john h on 9/17/01 at 16:32 (060767)

after my 5k walk yesterday my feet are just fine today. i am begining to think i babied my feet to long as i recovered. Dr z, Julie, and Judy encouraged me to do more than i thought i could and i owe a great deal of gratitude to them. For me, just doing some of these things i have not done in years has really turned my attitude around. I looked at my PF journal and noticed i had walked 26 miles in the last 3 weeks and climbed a mountain. I would not have even dreamed of such a think as late as last year. This is all after 8 years of misery. I am by no means recommending that if you are in pain to just start doing these things but there will come a time when you may be better served by doing what you think you cannot do because of long years of conditioning yourself to a 'i cannot do that attitude'. i think wendy posted something to this effect. judy seems to do more by continuing to play baseball, workout, and walk the beach. No question, Nancy S is on the mend as i can see it in her post each day. People are getting better around here and your time will come.

Re: Day 2

Pauline on 9/17/01 at 16:44 (060769)

John,
After being sore for so long, and P.F. certainly has a long history before you get better, it's understandable that you hesitates to try doing the things you did before P.F. Your right that day comes, and what a blessing. Truly a day for rejoicing. Keep those feet moving.

Re: Thanks John

Carmen H on 9/17/01 at 17:56 (060774)

Thank you for the encouragement John....and congratulations!!!!

Re: Day 2

Pauline on 9/17/01 at 16:44 (060769)

John,
After being sore for so long, and P.F. certainly has a long history before you get better, it's understandable that you hesitates to try doing the things you did before P.F. Your right that day comes, and what a blessing. Truly a day for rejoicing. Keep those feet moving.

Re: Thanks John

Carmen H on 9/17/01 at 17:56 (060774)

Thank you for the encouragement John....and congratulations!!!!