Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

John - tops of feet hurting/advice

Posted by Suzanne D on 9/17/01 at 20:25 (060805)

John, thanks for your reply to my post the other day about the tops of my feet hurting. I didn't wear my Birks for two days and today wore them with socks. The pain is much improved. I guess I just overdid it a week ago with the walking. I tried to push it and go a little faster to keep up with the group I was with, and I guess I strained them in that area.

Good to hear of your improvement! That gives us all hope. I wish for you continued improvement.

Re: John - tops of feet hurting/advice

john h on 9/20/01 at 10:51 (061053)

suzanne: a few weeks ago i started a little stroll in my birks which ended up over 3 miles. my feet did ache for a day after that. no problem with a mile or two but anything longer and i am into my new balance and probably with my orthotics. the straps across the top of your feet in birks can and do cause pain for some people on top of their feet. i have no answer other than try readjusting the straps, wear a good thick sock like thorlos or experiment with a birk with a backstrap. i can and have worn nothing but birks for weeks. it is only when i try to go a distance like 3 miles that for me i am better served in my New Balance.

Re: John - tops of feet hurting/advice

john h on 9/20/01 at 10:51 (061053)

suzanne: a few weeks ago i started a little stroll in my birks which ended up over 3 miles. my feet did ache for a day after that. no problem with a mile or two but anything longer and i am into my new balance and probably with my orthotics. the straps across the top of your feet in birks can and do cause pain for some people on top of their feet. i have no answer other than try readjusting the straps, wear a good thick sock like thorlos or experiment with a birk with a backstrap. i can and have worn nothing but birks for weeks. it is only when i try to go a distance like 3 miles that for me i am better served in my New Balance.