Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie, I miss your posts...

Posted by Suzanne D on 9/18/01 at 15:36 (060873)

Julie, I have been reading on this message board for about 6 weeks and have written for about 3. I have always enjoyed reading what you wrote and appreciated your kind responses to my posts.

I just wanted to say that you are missed on this board, and I hope to see messages from you again soon!

:-)

Re: Julie, I miss your posts...

Beverly on 9/18/01 at 15:44 (060875)

Me too... Julie, you are missed.
Beverly

Re: Okay this is getting ridiculous!

Carmen H on 9/18/01 at 15:47 (060877)

Julie get your butt back here right now!
(sheepish grin) we really miss you....come back. Where are you?

Tammie on 9/18/01 at 16:01 (060881)

Hope that u return soon as you are a lovely lady with allot to share! I understand that sometimes things become overwelming and hope that soon you will return with your fresh lovely posts! Hope that you are well and pray that this to shall pass! Hugs to u oour friend as so many have been so overwelmed with feelings I hope that u are allright!

Re: Thank you!

Julie on 9/19/01 at 11:57 (060943)

Thank you Suzanne and Beverly and Carmen and Tammie. I appreciate your concern and the nice things you've said. And Tammie, your perceptiveness is, as always, spot on. I have certainly been very sad, as we all have.

The discussion that began last Tuesday was distressing for me. It increased the sense of isolation and dislocation I've been feeling since the attack, to the point that I had to step back for awhile. During that 'while', I made the decision to leave the board. The discussion, and my sadness around it, wasn't the reason for the decision but it did provide the impetus for it, and in stepping back I found the space I needed in order to come to some conclusions.

For a year, I've spent several hours every day reading posts and researching and composing responses to them. I did so in gratitude for the help I received myself, staying on long after my own PF subsided. In the process I learned a lot and made friends. But also in the process I neglected other important things: most significantly my work and my husband. I now need to restore balance in my life, so although I may look in occasionally to say 'hello' , I'm not going to participate actively any more.

It has not been an easy decision to make, but it's the right decision, and I hope that you will understand and support me in it. I know that the help I've been able to give has been appreciated, but I also know that I cannot go on doing it without my home and work commitments suffering more than they already have. I also know that no-one is irreplacable or indispensable.

This website that Scott has created is a wonderful place. It has seen some tough stuff this past week, but not for the first time, and it has always recovered. It will this time too: it is truly a healing place. I am grateful to Scott for providing this forum, and to everyone here, and for the good friends that I hope I will keep.

I wish you all well.

All the best

Julie

Suzanne D on 9/19/01 at 15:08 (060965)

I will miss your writings, but I do understand and wish you well, Julie. I am glad that our paths crossed, and I appreciate the advice and sincere well wishes which you extended to me at a time I very much needed them.

May God watch over you and lead you in the paths that are best for you!

Kathy G on 9/21/01 at 14:23 (061178)

Julie,

You will be greatly missed. Your compassion, knowledge and wisdom have helped so many of us. Many people have re-evaluated what is important to them since the terrible tragedy and it is understandable if you want to spend more time with your husband and other areas of your life. I just want you to know how much you will be missed and thank you for all you have done! Do drop by now and then!

Kathy

Julie on 9/21/01 at 15:40 (061190)

Kathy, Suzanne - thank you so much, for your understanding and acceptance. It means a lot to me , and I'm grateful to you both for your posts.

Re: Thank you! TO JULIE

Laurie R on 9/21/01 at 22:59 (061225)

Dear Julie , i would like you to know something very important. YOU ARE AWESOME MY FRIEND . I have learned so much from you . You have always taken the time to help anyone who needed it . Also you are so compassionate and caring . So please do what you feel needs to be done , but if you go I will miss you so much ... Much love to you Julie ....Laurie R

Re: DITTO

CArmen H on 9/22/01 at 10:30 (061253)

Amen to that!

Glenn X on 9/24/01 at 20:56 (061472)

Julie: Thank you so much! You have made a meaningful difference in my life both physically and philosophically. More than I've been able to capably acknowledge here on heelspurs -- there is so much between the lines stuff going on with message boards.

I have especially appreciated and embraced your perspectives on issues unrelated to feet, among them the recent WTC incident. I've wished I could see this event from distant and caring eyes and you've helped me do that.

I'll miss you, and I look forward to your occasional hellos.

Beverly on 9/18/01 at 15:44 (060875)

Me too... Julie, you are missed.
Beverly

Re: Okay this is getting ridiculous!

Carmen H on 9/18/01 at 15:47 (060877)

Julie get your butt back here right now!
(sheepish grin) we really miss you....come back. Where are you?

Tammie on 9/18/01 at 16:01 (060881)

Hope that u return soon as you are a lovely lady with allot to share! I understand that sometimes things become overwelming and hope that soon you will return with your fresh lovely posts! Hope that you are well and pray that this to shall pass! Hugs to u oour friend as so many have been so overwelmed with feelings I hope that u are allright!

Julie on 9/19/01 at 11:57 (060943)

Thank you Suzanne and Beverly and Carmen and Tammie. I appreciate your concern and the nice things you've said. And Tammie, your perceptiveness is, as always, spot on. I have certainly been very sad, as we all have.

The discussion that began last Tuesday was distressing for me. It increased the sense of isolation and dislocation I've been feeling since the attack, to the point that I had to step back for awhile. During that 'while', I made the decision to leave the board. The discussion, and my sadness around it, wasn't the reason for the decision but it did provide the impetus for it, and in stepping back I found the space I needed in order to come to some conclusions.

For a year, I've spent several hours every day reading posts and researching and composing responses to them. I did so in gratitude for the help I received myself, staying on long after my own PF subsided. In the process I learned a lot and made friends. But also in the process I neglected other important things: most significantly my work and my husband. I now need to restore balance in my life, so although I may look in occasionally to say 'hello' , I'm not going to participate actively any more.

It has not been an easy decision to make, but it's the right decision, and I hope that you will understand and support me in it. I know that the help I've been able to give has been appreciated, but I also know that I cannot go on doing it without my home and work commitments suffering more than they already have. I also know that no-one is irreplacable or indispensable.

This website that Scott has created is a wonderful place. It has seen some tough stuff this past week, but not for the first time, and it has always recovered. It will this time too: it is truly a healing place. I am grateful to Scott for providing this forum, and to everyone here, and for the good friends that I hope I will keep.

I wish you all well.

All the best

Julie

Suzanne D on 9/19/01 at 15:08 (060965)

I will miss your writings, but I do understand and wish you well, Julie. I am glad that our paths crossed, and I appreciate the advice and sincere well wishes which you extended to me at a time I very much needed them.

May God watch over you and lead you in the paths that are best for you!

Kathy G on 9/21/01 at 14:23 (061178)

Julie,

You will be greatly missed. Your compassion, knowledge and wisdom have helped so many of us. Many people have re-evaluated what is important to them since the terrible tragedy and it is understandable if you want to spend more time with your husband and other areas of your life. I just want you to know how much you will be missed and thank you for all you have done! Do drop by now and then!

Kathy

Julie on 9/21/01 at 15:40 (061190)

Kathy, Suzanne - thank you so much, for your understanding and acceptance. It means a lot to me , and I'm grateful to you both for your posts.

Re: Thank you! TO JULIE

Laurie R on 9/21/01 at 22:59 (061225)

Dear Julie , i would like you to know something very important. YOU ARE AWESOME MY FRIEND . I have learned so much from you . You have always taken the time to help anyone who needed it . Also you are so compassionate and caring . So please do what you feel needs to be done , but if you go I will miss you so much ... Much love to you Julie ....Laurie R

Re: DITTO

CArmen H on 9/22/01 at 10:30 (061253)

Amen to that!

Glenn X on 9/24/01 at 20:56 (061472)

Julie: Thank you so much! You have made a meaningful difference in my life both physically and philosophically. More than I've been able to capably acknowledge here on heelspurs -- there is so much between the lines stuff going on with message boards.

I have especially appreciated and embraced your perspectives on issues unrelated to feet, among them the recent WTC incident. I've wished I could see this event from distant and caring eyes and you've helped me do that.

I'll miss you, and I look forward to your occasional hellos.