Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Popping in to update

Posted by Jill P on 9/18/01 at 20:59 (060902)

I am sorry I haven't been around much lately. My oldest started school this fall, and I tried to spend lots of time with him and my daughter this summer.

I had ESWT back in February if anyone recalls on my right heel. I am doing pretty well. For about the last month, I don't need to take Motrin in the mornings which I did before. While the pain in my right heel is not gone completely, it is much better. Unfortunately, the pain in my left heel is slightly worse when I am out and about. (I have had PF since pregnant with my now 2 year old daughter.)

I cannot say for sure whether the ESWT helped me since I didn't notice much improvement until within the last month or so. I can say for sure that it did not do any damage. If for no other reason, I think that the ESWT did help me because I was forced to rest my feet. I ended up on crutches for about 6-8 weeks and couldn't get back to regular activities like shopping even for groceries without aide of a electric cart for about 3 months. Because of this, I was made to rest my feet as much as possible (remember I have two small children, lol).

I also have lost 43 pounds since joining Weight Watchers exactly one year ago today which has helped greatly to reduce the strain on my feet. I am faithful about not going barefoot wearing my Birkenstocks at home and my Reebok Walk DMX with my orthotics while out. I sit when I can as standing in one spot seems harder on my feet than slowly moving around like while shopping. I sit when I can. I wear my night splint everynight (need a new one in fact since the velcro isn't holding well anymore) but have found that doing stretches actually seemed to aggrevate things.

I hope that everyone here hurting finds some relief. Jill

Re: Popping in to update

Pauline on 9/18/01 at 22:10 (060909)

Jill,
Sounds like you found happiness. It's easy to tell your spirits are lifted and nice to see your returning to things you couldn't do for a very long time. Wishing you continued success on your recovery.

Re: Popping in to update

Pauline on 9/18/01 at 22:10 (060909)

Jill,
Sounds like you found happiness. It's easy to tell your spirits are lifted and nice to see your returning to things you couldn't do for a very long time. Wishing you continued success on your recovery.