Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does anyone else see a pattern?

Posted by Pauline on 9/19/01 at 14:02 (060963)

Maybe this is just my day to grip, but quite honestly I'm pretty tired of reading about all the failed P.F. and TTS surgeries that seem to be turning up. I'm just plain angry that so many people are not getting good results from these surgeries. I've watched the board for months and the pattern is repeated over and over. Their stories are all the same 'I've had P.F. surgery and now I can't walk, now my doctor says I have TTS, now I need additional surgery. My heart goes out to these people and I want to scream SPOT, STOP this rash of injury being done to people. The negative surgery posts seem to far outway the success stories.

The snip, snip walk out the door stories have to stop. I don't think a day goes by without someone posting 'should I have this next surgery, my doc thinks it may help. He only makes a small opening'. I'm sorry but in the name of humanity some real education needs to begin taking hold.

P.F. surgeries appear to have become what tonsillectomies used to be. The no problem we'll just go in a snip it out attitude has to change. The unfortunate thing is that most of the people seeking help come to Scott's board after they had the surgery. There is a definate need to get them here first.

No doubt education is the key, and I wish there was newspaper and T.V. ads telling people who are suffering with P.F. to get to Scott's board before they hand their feet over for surgery. Somehow these surgeries have to stop becoming so commonplace. What do you think?

Got my screaming done, now I feel better.

Re: Does anyone else see a pattern?

wendyn on 9/19/01 at 14:49 (060964)

Pauline, I agree with you 100%. I do not understand it, but it scares me - and you're right, it's all too common.

pat on 9/19/01 at 15:42 (060969)

my sister is about to have this surgery for the plantar fasciitis. i would like to have feedback on people that have had this type surgery. e me at jphnaz@msn.com

thanks

Re: YES

Carmen H on 9/19/01 at 16:09 (060975)

I definitely AGREE with you about education. I am planning on writing some letters and trying to get some attention on the subject of PF and all the other foot issues that are being swept under the rug. But right now I REALLY have to get my health issues (nerve and back problems causing my foot issues) fixed and then I can concentrate on ONLY the PF stuff and getting some attention. I KNOW it can be done and I am not afraid to KNOCK on doors to get some help (or ring phones and fill mailboxes either for that matter) but for me first things first....The bod has to feel good so the mind can accomplish the things it needs to.
You keep on venting though! I am with ya!
:-)

john h on 9/19/01 at 16:11 (060976)

i think why we have so many failed surgeries on this board is that those that get good results never even bother to look for further help. those that fail continue their search and end up here. we are not a typical group of PF sufferers. Mostly hard core cases. You can see a lot of numbers on the success of surgery that vary anywhere from 60-85% success. As i have posted many times my most important consideration when i had PF and TTS surgery was not that it would cure me or even make me better. My first consideration was would it make me worse! I selected the type of surgery that through my research i thought had the least chance of making me worse and that was the Baxter Procedure. It did not cure me and it did not make me worse. I could live with that. the doctor was clear before surgery that it may not work. he also advised me that in all his surgeries he had only one case that became worse and that was a diabetic. there are certain types of PF surgery that i still consider very high risk and would never do but that is just my opinion and many doctors have stopped doing this procedure.

Rebecca C. on 9/19/01 at 17:55 (060985)

John, what is the Baxter Procedure?

Barbara TX on 9/19/01 at 18:06 (060987)

The reason that you see this pattern might be this: where else in the world would people commonly go to discuss failed surgeries? Heelspurs.com. People with successful surgeries haven't established a website to express their joy at being able to walk again. They are all shopping or jogging. Just my Texas .02. B.

wendyn on 9/19/01 at 18:09 (060988)

Barb - I know what you're saying, and I've always cautioned people that the folks that get better aren't here.

However, there still seems to be so many people who have one surgery, and another surgery, and another surgery - and they're no better off. Feet are hard to fix.

john h on 9/19/01 at 18:10 (060989)

rebecca: it is sort of difficult to describe without a pencil and paper but basically s a small incision is made at the point where the fascia inserts into the heel on the inside edge of the foot. the doctor 'removes' a half moon shaped wedge of fascia probably no more than 1/2' in width. this wedge is located over the 'Baxter Nerve'. Dr Baxter who developed this procedure thinks much of PF pain comes from this nerve and when the fascia is inflamed it presses down on the nerve. By removing this small wedge you also reduce the tension on the fasca much as in a fascia release but not nearly as much. You are probably releasing no more than 15% of the fascia where as a typical fascia release, depending on the doctor, can be from 30% to even 100% (rare). One of the benefits of this procedure is your foot intregrity is left very much intact and you are unlikely to have problems down the road. Dr Baxter is in Houston and is considered one of the top surgeons in the country for PF. He is quoted in many medical journals and i think i remember seeing him quoted in the Wheeless Orthopedic Manual. I know he operated on Carl Lewis for PF the olympic champion and carl lewis returned to running. Not many people are qualified in this procedure. The doctor i had trained directly under him.

Re: To John: Does anyone else see a pattern?

Pauline on 9/19/01 at 18:27 (060998)

John,
Were you cured after your Baxter surgery?

Barbara TX on 9/19/01 at 18:32 (061000)

With that I totally agree. Doctors don't tell patients also that they take a LONG time to heal. People panic and think they have a failed surgery. Six months or more is the norm.

Surgery should always come dead last in your bag of tricks. B.

john h on 9/19/01 at 21:24 (061016)

no pauline i was not cured but more importantly to me i was not made worse and i am now about 80% better than i was 7 years ago. i have the satisfiaction of knowing that surgery did not help and so will never be second guessing myself with a 'what if?'. I had PF for about 2 years before the surgery route and i was certainly most apprehensive about being made worse. The doctor was very clear to me in that he said surgery may or may not work and the chances of it making it worse with this procedure was very slim. I could live with those choices. I am happy with my decision and have no regrets.

john h on 9/19/01 at 21:28 (061017)

Barb you are dead on. My doctor said a minimum of six months to a year to judge results. i have talked to two doctors who said i would be running in 3 months and one who said i had no cartlidge left in 2nd joint of big toe. he wanted to put in an artifical joint. my final doctor said i had plenty of cartlidge and he did a chelictomy and now my toe is great. beware the doctor who is ready to operate real quick. my doctor would not consider surgery unless you had PF for at least a year and tried all the conservative measures he recommended.

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 10:46 (061052)

I guess maybe I fall into that pattern, so have this to say, I had symtoms of both but he felt the pf( and would do the spur) were the main trouble with possibly this tts stuff secondary. I was treated for a long time doing conservative treatments . It seemed to be progressing and to the point I could NOT walk or do anything especially work. I had choices, the dr. sat with me and my hubby and told me what was left for me which was not much that was in our plan my ins. seemed to more or less dictate what or who I might see and we talked about the secondary trouble also. We agreed that since it was not the worse trouble that we would be cautious and continue with conservitave treatment in that area as it really frightened me when he talked about nerve things and surgery, plus he felt that was not the main trouble and so we decided on the one type . Now things progressed after sugery which we all kinda believed it was healing so were not to concerned (them not me) I felt a tremendous relief after the sugery like the stretched feeling was gone and after some time I was happy to find I could walk again and on my heel which I had not been able to do for months. So in some ways I knew this was right and good. What happened was that the nervy stuff seemed to esculate and the pain became worse and sensations making it so I could not sleep and function without pain, we were trying shots and therapy and rest and different anti inflams all that were not helping. It was to a point I (me) could nto take it anymore I had enough of foot pain and not sleeping and people every turn not understanding why I was not better. I think the combination of all had taken me down to a point where u do something any thing or I want drugs to put me out of my misery,I would tell my family that and take my word for this I am not a medicine person and that is true . But I was becoming one fast. My hubby related this to the dr. several times even calling him informing him of the pain and no sleepng.We continued trying to find a answer. We researched we talked to my Brother in law which is a MD and he felt that what was suggested was a good option. In any case thus the next surgery. I don't fault my doctor for this as he really is not keen on any surgery as he stated many times but left with min. options and time and my unable to take pain any longer it was there If I chose it . When you go with out sleep and are in a constant state of pain and being uncomfortable for a time all sense and knowledge leave your mind alls you think of is give me the next pill to make it or me sleep , anything cut my foot off I dont care at this point,do ANYTHING at all to make it quit hurting. That is where I was at. The last visit I seen him i told him fix it do something or give me something to take away the pain I can not stand it any longer and cryed my heart out. That is when he said i think we should consider the surgery, . I do not at this point regret any thing we did and I say we as we all talked about options and things and we made a decison together . I am not sure how things will turn out yet it has been 3 weeks , I must say I have gotton some sleep and the pain is not unbearable and i am afraid to jinx myself but I can feel some areas are better but also still have worries as I am hearing about others , which things are not the same and worries me . I still have swelling but think I may be the blame there to a point as when u feel better it is really hard to sit when u feel as tho u can do things, then later when the swelling is pronounced and the pain returns u regret what u did. But in any case I remain hopeful and feel that my Dr. did what I wanted and what he felt was apropriate at my point and my case. Whatever happens I will be happy I did it as I could not live the way I was and the pain and debilitating troubles were not letting me live anyways so if there is a option that may help me well I have to consider it. I am not pro surgery please do not misunderstand, I think it is a option and one when u get to this point that should be considered as if u have no life without pain and sleep and if u can not function anyways, and there is a small chance u might fix it , why not try it?I hope that u understand what i am saying as i do know most do not like the thoughts of surgery which is fine but it makes me wonder how a person can live like that pain so unbearable that u ca'nt sleep eat or function and u ca'nt work or participate in life to me I could do it no longer Maybe i am a wimp or maybe I was just tired of the fight whatever this is why and how my 2 surgeries came about and at this point I do not regret it except if i had to do over again, I would have said in first do it all whatever is needed to fix all of the symptoms so that I would not have to have another, but then if I had done that maybe i would have been silly as when u have a operation of any sorts it does not mean they will never have to go in and fix something else. So this is my feelings.I to think that those who have good results are not sitting around on computor as they are so happy to be able to live life they are doing so as well they should be! I also believe the people who are here and stick around are the harder cases and maybe those with many different problems that are still being figured out. And sometimes they choose different drs as they feel the care is not what they deserve or want,I have learned allot thru this and one thing in my case I do know I am a person who is impatient and want things yesterday , I do not like to hear what I know i must, I want them to say what I want to hear, I focus on something that catches my ear and miss the rest of the visit and advice, and am thinking a tape recorder for me would be great although wonder what the dr. might think about that?I do'nt like being babied I try to prove to everyone that i am strong and can do things better quicker and faster and take whatever happens which hurts me in long run. I also know thru all of this your emotions are very much involved in all of this and can certainly understand depression a bit better now. I feel fortuante my dx. does not mean death for me or something much more than just the feet, but also know that pain is pain and what starts out as little can be a much larger pain and debilitate in every way a bigger pain does, I hope this makes sence. Unfortuantly people precieve pain with a visable injury and when there is none just can't understand how it can be there and how can be so very long. It has been 3 weeks and i see already and feel that i am expected to say all is better and i am ready to return to my former life. But that is not the whole case and will deal with that again. So I hope this helps someone to understand a little about why sometimes 2 happens and I have understood that allot of pf and tts have similar symtoms and that even with nerve testing and mri it is not always dx? By the way when he did this last surgery he took pics and showed hubby what he found , he said that the nerve was encased in some scar tissue and that something forgive me as I dont know exact what he said about a ligment or some? Being pressed into it so tight he had trouble getting into the area? Again I am not sure exactly as I was more interested in how to heal now and hubby was more into the pics and results he found. I thought they said something about cutting some of the ligment to get to the nerve and scar tissue encasing it but again i may be off or wrong .

Re: TAMMIE

BGCPed on 9/20/01 at 18:01 (061093)

Tammie, you have some good points but your posts loose me about 1/4 thru. The lack of paragraph or spacing is very hard to read. Maybe after every 5 or 6 lines you can just hit the enter key or something. I am no english major and my structure is terrible it is just extremely difficult

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 19:33 (061102)

I am so sorry lol so I guess I can add that to my list, I don't really give it any thought when I am typing lol I will try to be better.
When i talk I proably need to stop for a breath also but don't when I am trying to make a point! I will try very hard to do it better
That will be my new resouloution. But can't promise as I will have to expierment with this a bit. Did I mention I am a impatient person?
Thank You for pointing this out in a kind way! Hugs to u!

Re: Is that better?

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 19:34 (061103)

??

wendyn on 9/20/01 at 22:15 (061110)

I have to second BGCPed's suggestion. I haven't said anything because I don't want to sound like I'm being picky. But my tired eyeballs just simply can't track through the lines.

I just lose my place. Unfortunately, it means I can't usually get through the post.

I don't care where you hit enter. I don't care if it's 'gramatically correct.' Just an enter here and there.

So my eyeballs don't fall out.

Thanks!

Jill P on 9/20/01 at 23:30 (061123)

John H said, 'I think why we have so many failed surgeries on this board is that those that get good results never even bother to look for further help. those that fail continue their search and end up here. we are not a typical group of PF sufferers. Mostly hard core cases.'

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that John. I would never take the surgery lightly and haven't had it myself as I am not anxious to do anything with risk. I also feel that doctors should be very up front about the risk and patients should be active in researching their options.

I have to say I know of at least a few people who had PF and the surgery did take care of it. Obviously since they were cured, they never searched for a site like this to find other chronic sufferers for support and in hopes of finding something to relieve their pain.

Re: Ok I said I will try

Tammie on 9/21/01 at 08:38 (061139)

I got it I read it I will try, I acepted the advice and I am going to try, this is alot different then speaking you know?
and since someone was kind enough to point this out in a nice way I am trying to take his advice now please
give me a chance lol! My eyeballs fall out to simetimes about things people say when they post here lol lol! But
I do know and understand what you are trying to tell me ! Thank you !

josh s on 10/09/01 at 15:03 (062553)

Hear Hear!

I'm convinced that plantar fascial release surgery will go down as one of the top ten stupidest surgeries of the twentieth century, hopefully it will be forgotten in the 21 st.

wendyn on 9/19/01 at 14:49 (060964)

Pauline, I agree with you 100%. I do not understand it, but it scares me - and you're right, it's all too common.

pat on 9/19/01 at 15:42 (060969)

my sister is about to have this surgery for the plantar fasciitis. i would like to have feedback on people that have had this type surgery. e me at jphnaz@msn.com

thanks

Re: YES

Carmen H on 9/19/01 at 16:09 (060975)

I definitely AGREE with you about education. I am planning on writing some letters and trying to get some attention on the subject of PF and all the other foot issues that are being swept under the rug. But right now I REALLY have to get my health issues (nerve and back problems causing my foot issues) fixed and then I can concentrate on ONLY the PF stuff and getting some attention. I KNOW it can be done and I am not afraid to KNOCK on doors to get some help (or ring phones and fill mailboxes either for that matter) but for me first things first....The bod has to feel good so the mind can accomplish the things it needs to.
You keep on venting though! I am with ya!
:-)

john h on 9/19/01 at 16:11 (060976)

i think why we have so many failed surgeries on this board is that those that get good results never even bother to look for further help. those that fail continue their search and end up here. we are not a typical group of PF sufferers. Mostly hard core cases. You can see a lot of numbers on the success of surgery that vary anywhere from 60-85% success. As i have posted many times my most important consideration when i had PF and TTS surgery was not that it would cure me or even make me better. My first consideration was would it make me worse! I selected the type of surgery that through my research i thought had the least chance of making me worse and that was the Baxter Procedure. It did not cure me and it did not make me worse. I could live with that. the doctor was clear before surgery that it may not work. he also advised me that in all his surgeries he had only one case that became worse and that was a diabetic. there are certain types of PF surgery that i still consider very high risk and would never do but that is just my opinion and many doctors have stopped doing this procedure.

Rebecca C. on 9/19/01 at 17:55 (060985)

John, what is the Baxter Procedure?

Barbara TX on 9/19/01 at 18:06 (060987)

The reason that you see this pattern might be this: where else in the world would people commonly go to discuss failed surgeries? Heelspurs.com. People with successful surgeries haven't established a website to express their joy at being able to walk again. They are all shopping or jogging. Just my Texas .02. B.

wendyn on 9/19/01 at 18:09 (060988)

Barb - I know what you're saying, and I've always cautioned people that the folks that get better aren't here.

However, there still seems to be so many people who have one surgery, and another surgery, and another surgery - and they're no better off. Feet are hard to fix.

john h on 9/19/01 at 18:10 (060989)

rebecca: it is sort of difficult to describe without a pencil and paper but basically s a small incision is made at the point where the fascia inserts into the heel on the inside edge of the foot. the doctor 'removes' a half moon shaped wedge of fascia probably no more than 1/2' in width. this wedge is located over the 'Baxter Nerve'. Dr Baxter who developed this procedure thinks much of PF pain comes from this nerve and when the fascia is inflamed it presses down on the nerve. By removing this small wedge you also reduce the tension on the fasca much as in a fascia release but not nearly as much. You are probably releasing no more than 15% of the fascia where as a typical fascia release, depending on the doctor, can be from 30% to even 100% (rare). One of the benefits of this procedure is your foot intregrity is left very much intact and you are unlikely to have problems down the road. Dr Baxter is in Houston and is considered one of the top surgeons in the country for PF. He is quoted in many medical journals and i think i remember seeing him quoted in the Wheeless Orthopedic Manual. I know he operated on Carl Lewis for PF the olympic champion and carl lewis returned to running. Not many people are qualified in this procedure. The doctor i had trained directly under him.

Pauline on 9/19/01 at 18:27 (060998)

John,
Were you cured after your Baxter surgery?

Barbara TX on 9/19/01 at 18:32 (061000)

With that I totally agree. Doctors don't tell patients also that they take a LONG time to heal. People panic and think they have a failed surgery. Six months or more is the norm.

Surgery should always come dead last in your bag of tricks. B.

john h on 9/19/01 at 21:24 (061016)

no pauline i was not cured but more importantly to me i was not made worse and i am now about 80% better than i was 7 years ago. i have the satisfiaction of knowing that surgery did not help and so will never be second guessing myself with a 'what if?'. I had PF for about 2 years before the surgery route and i was certainly most apprehensive about being made worse. The doctor was very clear to me in that he said surgery may or may not work and the chances of it making it worse with this procedure was very slim. I could live with those choices. I am happy with my decision and have no regrets.

john h on 9/19/01 at 21:28 (061017)

Barb you are dead on. My doctor said a minimum of six months to a year to judge results. i have talked to two doctors who said i would be running in 3 months and one who said i had no cartlidge left in 2nd joint of big toe. he wanted to put in an artifical joint. my final doctor said i had plenty of cartlidge and he did a chelictomy and now my toe is great. beware the doctor who is ready to operate real quick. my doctor would not consider surgery unless you had PF for at least a year and tried all the conservative measures he recommended.

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 10:46 (061052)

I guess maybe I fall into that pattern, so have this to say, I had symtoms of both but he felt the pf( and would do the spur) were the main trouble with possibly this tts stuff secondary. I was treated for a long time doing conservative treatments . It seemed to be progressing and to the point I could NOT walk or do anything especially work. I had choices, the dr. sat with me and my hubby and told me what was left for me which was not much that was in our plan my ins. seemed to more or less dictate what or who I might see and we talked about the secondary trouble also. We agreed that since it was not the worse trouble that we would be cautious and continue with conservitave treatment in that area as it really frightened me when he talked about nerve things and surgery, plus he felt that was not the main trouble and so we decided on the one type . Now things progressed after sugery which we all kinda believed it was healing so were not to concerned (them not me) I felt a tremendous relief after the sugery like the stretched feeling was gone and after some time I was happy to find I could walk again and on my heel which I had not been able to do for months. So in some ways I knew this was right and good. What happened was that the nervy stuff seemed to esculate and the pain became worse and sensations making it so I could not sleep and function without pain, we were trying shots and therapy and rest and different anti inflams all that were not helping. It was to a point I (me) could nto take it anymore I had enough of foot pain and not sleeping and people every turn not understanding why I was not better. I think the combination of all had taken me down to a point where u do something any thing or I want drugs to put me out of my misery,I would tell my family that and take my word for this I am not a medicine person and that is true . But I was becoming one fast. My hubby related this to the dr. several times even calling him informing him of the pain and no sleepng.We continued trying to find a answer. We researched we talked to my Brother in law which is a MD and he felt that what was suggested was a good option. In any case thus the next surgery. I don't fault my doctor for this as he really is not keen on any surgery as he stated many times but left with min. options and time and my unable to take pain any longer it was there If I chose it . When you go with out sleep and are in a constant state of pain and being uncomfortable for a time all sense and knowledge leave your mind alls you think of is give me the next pill to make it or me sleep , anything cut my foot off I dont care at this point,do ANYTHING at all to make it quit hurting. That is where I was at. The last visit I seen him i told him fix it do something or give me something to take away the pain I can not stand it any longer and cryed my heart out. That is when he said i think we should consider the surgery, . I do not at this point regret any thing we did and I say we as we all talked about options and things and we made a decison together . I am not sure how things will turn out yet it has been 3 weeks , I must say I have gotton some sleep and the pain is not unbearable and i am afraid to jinx myself but I can feel some areas are better but also still have worries as I am hearing about others , which things are not the same and worries me . I still have swelling but think I may be the blame there to a point as when u feel better it is really hard to sit when u feel as tho u can do things, then later when the swelling is pronounced and the pain returns u regret what u did. But in any case I remain hopeful and feel that my Dr. did what I wanted and what he felt was apropriate at my point and my case. Whatever happens I will be happy I did it as I could not live the way I was and the pain and debilitating troubles were not letting me live anyways so if there is a option that may help me well I have to consider it. I am not pro surgery please do not misunderstand, I think it is a option and one when u get to this point that should be considered as if u have no life without pain and sleep and if u can not function anyways, and there is a small chance u might fix it , why not try it?I hope that u understand what i am saying as i do know most do not like the thoughts of surgery which is fine but it makes me wonder how a person can live like that pain so unbearable that u ca'nt sleep eat or function and u ca'nt work or participate in life to me I could do it no longer Maybe i am a wimp or maybe I was just tired of the fight whatever this is why and how my 2 surgeries came about and at this point I do not regret it except if i had to do over again, I would have said in first do it all whatever is needed to fix all of the symptoms so that I would not have to have another, but then if I had done that maybe i would have been silly as when u have a operation of any sorts it does not mean they will never have to go in and fix something else. So this is my feelings.I to think that those who have good results are not sitting around on computor as they are so happy to be able to live life they are doing so as well they should be! I also believe the people who are here and stick around are the harder cases and maybe those with many different problems that are still being figured out. And sometimes they choose different drs as they feel the care is not what they deserve or want,I have learned allot thru this and one thing in my case I do know I am a person who is impatient and want things yesterday , I do not like to hear what I know i must, I want them to say what I want to hear, I focus on something that catches my ear and miss the rest of the visit and advice, and am thinking a tape recorder for me would be great although wonder what the dr. might think about that?I do'nt like being babied I try to prove to everyone that i am strong and can do things better quicker and faster and take whatever happens which hurts me in long run. I also know thru all of this your emotions are very much involved in all of this and can certainly understand depression a bit better now. I feel fortuante my dx. does not mean death for me or something much more than just the feet, but also know that pain is pain and what starts out as little can be a much larger pain and debilitate in every way a bigger pain does, I hope this makes sence. Unfortuantly people precieve pain with a visable injury and when there is none just can't understand how it can be there and how can be so very long. It has been 3 weeks and i see already and feel that i am expected to say all is better and i am ready to return to my former life. But that is not the whole case and will deal with that again. So I hope this helps someone to understand a little about why sometimes 2 happens and I have understood that allot of pf and tts have similar symtoms and that even with nerve testing and mri it is not always dx? By the way when he did this last surgery he took pics and showed hubby what he found , he said that the nerve was encased in some scar tissue and that something forgive me as I dont know exact what he said about a ligment or some? Being pressed into it so tight he had trouble getting into the area? Again I am not sure exactly as I was more interested in how to heal now and hubby was more into the pics and results he found. I thought they said something about cutting some of the ligment to get to the nerve and scar tissue encasing it but again i may be off or wrong .

BGCPed on 9/20/01 at 18:01 (061093)

Tammie, you have some good points but your posts loose me about 1/4 thru. The lack of paragraph or spacing is very hard to read. Maybe after every 5 or 6 lines you can just hit the enter key or something. I am no english major and my structure is terrible it is just extremely difficult

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 19:33 (061102)

I am so sorry lol so I guess I can add that to my list, I don't really give it any thought when I am typing lol I will try to be better.
When i talk I proably need to stop for a breath also but don't when I am trying to make a point! I will try very hard to do it better
That will be my new resouloution. But can't promise as I will have to expierment with this a bit. Did I mention I am a impatient person?
Thank You for pointing this out in a kind way! Hugs to u!

Re: Is that better?

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 19:34 (061103)

??

wendyn on 9/20/01 at 22:15 (061110)

I have to second BGCPed's suggestion. I haven't said anything because I don't want to sound like I'm being picky. But my tired eyeballs just simply can't track through the lines.

I just lose my place. Unfortunately, it means I can't usually get through the post.

I don't care where you hit enter. I don't care if it's 'gramatically correct.' Just an enter here and there.

So my eyeballs don't fall out.

Thanks!

Jill P on 9/20/01 at 23:30 (061123)

John H said, 'I think why we have so many failed surgeries on this board is that those that get good results never even bother to look for further help. those that fail continue their search and end up here. we are not a typical group of PF sufferers. Mostly hard core cases.'

I think you have hit the nail on the head with that John. I would never take the surgery lightly and haven't had it myself as I am not anxious to do anything with risk. I also feel that doctors should be very up front about the risk and patients should be active in researching their options.

I have to say I know of at least a few people who had PF and the surgery did take care of it. Obviously since they were cured, they never searched for a site like this to find other chronic sufferers for support and in hopes of finding something to relieve their pain.

Re: Ok I said I will try

Tammie on 9/21/01 at 08:38 (061139)

I got it I read it I will try, I acepted the advice and I am going to try, this is alot different then speaking you know?
and since someone was kind enough to point this out in a nice way I am trying to take his advice now please
give me a chance lol! My eyeballs fall out to simetimes about things people say when they post here lol lol! But
I do know and understand what you are trying to tell me ! Thank you !

josh s on 10/09/01 at 15:03 (062553)

Hear Hear!

I'm convinced that plantar fascial release surgery will go down as one of the top ten stupidest surgeries of the twentieth century, hopefully it will be forgotten in the 21 st.