Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

scott this is awful that dr ed is going like this, do something man

Posted by paula on 9/19/01 at 21:01 (061014)

he is the best. i know you can't read all the interactions but can't you find time for this one? ed mentioned something in a posting about blocking the antagonist from responding to him (have i got that right?) i would vote to block mother theresa if it meant we could get dr ed back. he was a phenomenal resource and really one of the main reasons i come here as often as i do. can't you contact him and work something out?

Re: Is banning the answer?

BrianG on 9/20/01 at 07:48 (061035)

I too would like to see Dr. Ed come back, but I don't think we should just start banning people left and right. I have a feeling that Dr. Ed will be back when the time is right. Plus, he did give out his e-mail address numerous times. This is America, let people post. Everyone one of us can IGNORE when we have to, jmho.

BCG

paula on 9/20/01 at 08:28 (061042)

i think dr ed just wants scott to put up good disclaimers and block malicious attacks on the doctors in the doctor section. this is hardly unreasonable as it is out of uncommon kindness that the doctors try to help us here and recieve nothing in return. i also think that if scott just contacted ed and they put their heads together they would come up with something. and i think that would also let ed know that his presence here means a lot .

paula on 9/20/01 at 08:37 (061044)

it's not about just ignoring malicious posts lilke the rest of us can do. it's different for the doctors. it's about liability. and utter ingratitude. ive been to a zillion foot docs and i feel that the likes of dr ed are few and far between. is this how we respond when a doc like him feels driven from our midst? i read most of his postings, he is not an emotional unrational guy. he is the opposite. he is not overreacting. we know him here. he is our friend in this cyber community. he performed a great service. let us all respond to him with gratitued and a little bit of the effort, care and kindess that he has given us. and i think what ed would like is the very least we can offer. and i really don't know how the details could be worked out, but scott and ed are smart guys and i think they can come up with something if they put their heads together.

Re: To Paula Is banning the answer?

Pauline on 9/20/01 at 11:56 (061060)

Paula,
I think one thing you have to ask yourself is. why was their no public display of anger toward Donna's posts. I don't recall anyone making one comment, so perhaps even though Dr. Ed decided to leave no one disagreed
with the interaction that took place.

I agree with you 100% Dr. Ed's leaving is certainly a loss to the site.

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 12:24 (061064)

sorry, wrists hurt bad typing. I say ask doctor board just for doctors, no banning. Let doctors slug it out there. Post to treatment/symptoms with your own research and experience. This is VERY valuable as well but belongs in the right place.

That simple rule would keep our doctors offering advice in an atmosphere that is more one-on-one, not an open forum. Again, my TX .02. B.

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 12:32 (061065)

No one sounded off because Donna offered a very intelligent interesting opinion, and there was an honest disagreement. Disagreeing is not offensive, it was just in the wrong forum. Frankly, Donna knows her stuff, especially about orthotics. When they were both posting, no onw really notices the 'category' of the posts, because both post frequently in all categories, even social. Dr. Ed most likely doesn't like being second guessed by someone who is not a doctor in a forum in which he has a certain authority that is undermined by second opinions or long threads of arguement. B.

paula on 9/20/01 at 12:48 (061070)

it amazes me that i am coming to such a strong defense of a doctor, because ti've come to generally dislike doctors this last nightmare year. i read the posts and did not get the sense at all that ed did not like being second guessed. he has been argued with before and always welcomes a good debate, it seems to me. i found donna's tone goading. i think ed is justified here. i think it is a good idea; only doctors offering opinions on the doctor site. i have unfortunately met many doctors this last year and have found few who were as informative and reasonable and non egotistic as ed.

paula on 9/20/01 at 12:56 (061073)

pauline, i think i need to ask myself why i've never been in agreement with the general public on hardly anything ever in my life. but that does not necessarily mean i'm wrong. i think there's a good mark twain quote in here somewhere, just can't locate it in the file card of my mind.

Re: why does anyone need to slug it out

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 13:15 (061074)

I feel mixed on this , but know that it was not very intelligent to call war on each other that is not a good way to handle anything! And nothing but hurt feelings result as we have seen time and time again. For one of us to attack another with difference of opioion does not help anything at all just results this. Surely questions in the right tone and that to is hard to judge by writing , could be resolved. Now we all know that thease were his thoughts and he did not say do what i say! We should talk with our dr. but be open to what he talks about sometimes I think we try to know more then our dr. which kinda scares me as tho they have a degree which they work very hard for , they also most have expierance in what they are doing , and if not it has been suggested many times here it is time to get another opioion which may i remind people he has said quite often that it is fine to get another opioion. But we can not abandon every person or Dr. we see because they may not feel the same as we do.I have seen several dr. also and some had very simialar ways and thoughts and when u get down to it they all had the same dx. And when I think back I ended up doing all of there treatments but in the end it was what maybe was offered the first time. But who wants to listen to what they do not want to hear?You search enough u will and can find someone who will tell u what u want to hear, but it takes a special dr. to say I disagree listen to why. We have the individual responsibility to take care of ourselves and to find out as much as we can about our problems but we do not have the right to ignore what a trained medical dr, who has many expierances and the schooling behind them and of course the degrees on his wall . We need to listen and hear with a open mind! That is sometimes hard to do cause if we knew all why would we be here? We could take care of things without any help. I am thinking like many others that things are tension and if we do not agree with everyone then we are not welcome or we feel like we are being put down for a choice that we made. I have seen a lot of change since I have been here people who were sweet and kind are changing, or leaving have you noticed this?Even the Dr.s who give there time and care for free and not asking anything in return but to share there knowledge with us, are being attacked or maybe that is not how i mean but being put on the hot seat, we do not have to listen they are not treating us they are sharing the knowledge they have with us and at times making us more in tune with our own feelings and dr.s , the board has changed and maybe the world happings brought things to a boil faster. Feelings are not calmed as quickly and are boiling, sad but look around and reread posts. I feel as I write this I am risking to as some will not feel the same and be angered at me which heh I dont mind , as no 2 people are going to agree on all things . I personaly think what they said was fine but maybe they needed to continue it in private so as noone would be hurt or be put on the spot. I do not think either should be angry with each other as both were stating questions and opioions I would like to underline this but dont know how LOL. I would like to see a safe area where dr.s may feel safe in answering without this happening but leave it open on other areas for them to respond and will except that others will be able to also in this way, and then if they choose to get into more of it they know ,and if this happens again for them to continue in private but why should whole board be punished for two differences, its like if i cant be right then i dont want to be here, that to is sad, and I think we as adults can ignore and just not respond to any negitiveness that we choose to. I have many times and I am a bimbo lol a passivist, poor speller and poor typer , and tho this bothers me I can live with it . Heh do'nt ask my family if I am a passivist they will surprise u with the answer , I am a fighter to and that is why I try to try to protect people who are sad and hurt and who feel as tho they are exiled lol. This is a different kind of place tho it is abot learning and fixing our foot troubles not who is right who is wrong and we are privilaged that we are allowed to take it a step further we have a social part we can get to know each other and be more then a name or poster. I think that I like this and I enjoy the wonderful people I have met here. Ok long winded me is off as I am finding life, the kitchen is calling come clean me .

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/20/01 at 15:26 (061080)

Hello everyone. I feel compelled to come back and read posts as I have a lot of interest in the site, those whom I have had gratifying conversations with and am frankly heartened by the show of support.

A number of factors were involved in my decision. Like Dr. Z, I have generally worked 6 day weeks and feel that I have shortchanged my family--my wife, 2 1/2 year old twin girls and 5 year old son. It is difficult to find the time to do it all. I do not like to undertake tasks without doing them thoroughly and correctly and do not feel that I have the ability to spread myself as thin as I have. The recent tragedy has caused my wife to make significant changes to her travel schedule resulting in my need to assume more time with childcare.

Not every post can involve a comprehensive answer to a question. I try to be complete but the one time that I gave a targeted answer, my post was distorted and the information provided to an individual in need maliciously maligned. No regular poster entered into the 'debate.' I have no problem whatsoever with differences of opinion, legitimate debate, being 'second guessed' nor do I have any problems with questions and concerns with recommended treatments. Donna had repeated information that she knew to be inaccurate, over and over again--that is not debate. Such behavior can be blatant with name calling or more subtle via dissemination of disinformation.

The internet has led the practice of medicine into a 'grey zone' when it comes to liablity--when a doctor-patient relationship is established, what type of advice can be provided. Invariably, if doctors are going to give information to the best of their ability, that information cannot be subject to distortion. A permanent electronic record is being created of this discourse. Debate yes. Questions yes. People in need are posing questions and they should be able to obtain answers without interference.

Scott can provide the necessary disclaimers. There is plenty of room on the site for legitimate debate. There should be no room for malicious behavior so a mechanism must exist to insure the integrity of the electronic record via the ability to block individuals who misuse the privilege of posting on this site.
Regards,
Ed

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 15:30 (061081)

If it is a matter of 'tone' many of us would be banned and canned a year ago. I didn't hear 'goading' but just persistence. Good conversation, but the ATD forum is not the place for conversation, but consultation. I think that's why Dr. Ed left. He thought that consultation would invoke medical liability. Evidently he thought that the disclaimer wouldn't protect him. Any lawyers here? B.

Re: dr ed's feelings lost in the shuffle

paula on 9/20/01 at 18:42 (061098)

i think one reason there hasnt been a public outcry is that very few people would have the patience to read the entire unpleasant exchange. it seems to me he was just trying to offer a hypothetical answer, not conduct treatment online. if i'd been him i'd have had the same reaction but i'd have been out of here quicker. . i wish a few more people were strongly for him. i doubt he'll ever come back after this response. well i give up. no one else sees it this way but i doubt that hardly anyone could slog thru that mess of a conversation. ok. we've lost dr ed. for anyone reading this who wants to read the thing, it's at ask the doctor message board. i think i'll go watch my stocks lose money now, it would probably be more soothing than this. my thanks to everyone engaging in this conversation with me for keeping it civil.

Glenn X on 9/20/01 at 23:00 (061117)

Dr. Ed. I just recall a bit of Donna's grouching, and remember dismissing both the information and the un-constructive tone it was wrapped in. I didn't think to respond, mostly because this environment doesn't seem to work very well for voicing contrary opinions or resolving disputes. Efforts to refute perceptions seem generally to fuel more grumbling.

I think the great majority of posters here readily recognize well-meaning contributions and good information. And just as readily they can spot anger- or hurt-driven words, personal peddling efforts, and occasional bitterness.

Your insights, and those of others have made a significant difference in my life . . . and I bet that of many others. Everything negative I've read pales in comparison.

I'll bet many feel similarly.

THANKS ALL!

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 06:55 (061126)

Item 1: if people do things to force the doctors to leave, then I have to shut the 'ask the doctors' message board down.

Item 2: This is not the first time it's happened.

Item 3: The vast majority are not in favor of seeing individuals bother visiting doctors.

Item 4: I declare the 'ask the doctors' message baord a beneficial thing.

Item 5: Free speech is more important to me than most people and I'm all for questioning and contradicting doctors even though they have credentials.

Conclusion: Items 1 through 4 outweigh 5 and I declare the 'ask the doctors' message board a safe haven for doctors. Do not bother or annoy doctors who post there.

Re: Let's end this thread

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 07:12 (061127)

I think think our dicsussion about the Dr Davis / Donna thing will be fruitful anymore. Let's let it end. I've modified the posting agreement to tell visitors not to bother or annoy the doctors. I would apprecite it if anyone sees a violator of thos agreement in the future to 'come to the rescue' of the doctor. The reason doctors cannot ignore annoying posts is because the people who ask the original question who the doctor is trying to help will not usually be able to judge if the 'annoyer' is full of it. If the doctor is silent the contradictor gets the last word and the one seeking information may be left with the impression that the doctor agreed with their post. I appreciate those who attack the attackers, provided the attackers are making posts that cannot be ignored.

john a on 9/21/01 at 09:11 (061145)

I think the Mark Twain quote you are looking for is something like 'When everyone disagrees with you, you know you must be right' :-)

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/01 at 15:36 (061188)

Scott:

Your response is 'right on the money.' I feel responsible for the accuracy and integrity of information presented on the board especially when my name is on it. My position as an 'expert' with a license and reputation to protect raises the stakes. The aformentioned exchange created a situation in which I felt that a response to misinformation (I am not sure that our posters recognized the extent of the misinformation presented by Donna SL) was necessary and thus the 'last word' dilemna.

I will try to be back from time to time. Today, I had to take my 3 children to childcare at 6:30 am, go to work and see 40 patients, pick up my children, return to work to do paperwork (while I keep my kids entertained) and try to get home by 9PM tonight to put them to bed. My wife is working in Los Angeles until tommorrow night.

Take care.
Best Regards,
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/01 at 16:53 (061194)

PS. I remain in touch with Wally, the individual who posted the question by email. That worked well as we could continue the conversation in private.
Ed

BrianG on 9/20/01 at 07:48 (061035)

I too would like to see Dr. Ed come back, but I don't think we should just start banning people left and right. I have a feeling that Dr. Ed will be back when the time is right. Plus, he did give out his e-mail address numerous times. This is America, let people post. Everyone one of us can IGNORE when we have to, jmho.

BCG

paula on 9/20/01 at 08:28 (061042)

i think dr ed just wants scott to put up good disclaimers and block malicious attacks on the doctors in the doctor section. this is hardly unreasonable as it is out of uncommon kindness that the doctors try to help us here and recieve nothing in return. i also think that if scott just contacted ed and they put their heads together they would come up with something. and i think that would also let ed know that his presence here means a lot .

paula on 9/20/01 at 08:37 (061044)

it's not about just ignoring malicious posts lilke the rest of us can do. it's different for the doctors. it's about liability. and utter ingratitude. ive been to a zillion foot docs and i feel that the likes of dr ed are few and far between. is this how we respond when a doc like him feels driven from our midst? i read most of his postings, he is not an emotional unrational guy. he is the opposite. he is not overreacting. we know him here. he is our friend in this cyber community. he performed a great service. let us all respond to him with gratitued and a little bit of the effort, care and kindess that he has given us. and i think what ed would like is the very least we can offer. and i really don't know how the details could be worked out, but scott and ed are smart guys and i think they can come up with something if they put their heads together.

Pauline on 9/20/01 at 11:56 (061060)

Paula,
I think one thing you have to ask yourself is. why was their no public display of anger toward Donna's posts. I don't recall anyone making one comment, so perhaps even though Dr. Ed decided to leave no one disagreed
with the interaction that took place.

I agree with you 100% Dr. Ed's leaving is certainly a loss to the site.

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 12:24 (061064)

sorry, wrists hurt bad typing. I say ask doctor board just for doctors, no banning. Let doctors slug it out there. Post to treatment/symptoms with your own research and experience. This is VERY valuable as well but belongs in the right place.

That simple rule would keep our doctors offering advice in an atmosphere that is more one-on-one, not an open forum. Again, my TX .02. B.

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 12:32 (061065)

No one sounded off because Donna offered a very intelligent interesting opinion, and there was an honest disagreement. Disagreeing is not offensive, it was just in the wrong forum. Frankly, Donna knows her stuff, especially about orthotics. When they were both posting, no onw really notices the 'category' of the posts, because both post frequently in all categories, even social. Dr. Ed most likely doesn't like being second guessed by someone who is not a doctor in a forum in which he has a certain authority that is undermined by second opinions or long threads of arguement. B.

paula on 9/20/01 at 12:48 (061070)

it amazes me that i am coming to such a strong defense of a doctor, because ti've come to generally dislike doctors this last nightmare year. i read the posts and did not get the sense at all that ed did not like being second guessed. he has been argued with before and always welcomes a good debate, it seems to me. i found donna's tone goading. i think ed is justified here. i think it is a good idea; only doctors offering opinions on the doctor site. i have unfortunately met many doctors this last year and have found few who were as informative and reasonable and non egotistic as ed.

paula on 9/20/01 at 12:56 (061073)

pauline, i think i need to ask myself why i've never been in agreement with the general public on hardly anything ever in my life. but that does not necessarily mean i'm wrong. i think there's a good mark twain quote in here somewhere, just can't locate it in the file card of my mind.

Re: why does anyone need to slug it out

Tammie on 9/20/01 at 13:15 (061074)

I feel mixed on this , but know that it was not very intelligent to call war on each other that is not a good way to handle anything! And nothing but hurt feelings result as we have seen time and time again. For one of us to attack another with difference of opioion does not help anything at all just results this. Surely questions in the right tone and that to is hard to judge by writing , could be resolved. Now we all know that thease were his thoughts and he did not say do what i say! We should talk with our dr. but be open to what he talks about sometimes I think we try to know more then our dr. which kinda scares me as tho they have a degree which they work very hard for , they also most have expierance in what they are doing , and if not it has been suggested many times here it is time to get another opioion which may i remind people he has said quite often that it is fine to get another opioion. But we can not abandon every person or Dr. we see because they may not feel the same as we do.I have seen several dr. also and some had very simialar ways and thoughts and when u get down to it they all had the same dx. And when I think back I ended up doing all of there treatments but in the end it was what maybe was offered the first time. But who wants to listen to what they do not want to hear?You search enough u will and can find someone who will tell u what u want to hear, but it takes a special dr. to say I disagree listen to why. We have the individual responsibility to take care of ourselves and to find out as much as we can about our problems but we do not have the right to ignore what a trained medical dr, who has many expierances and the schooling behind them and of course the degrees on his wall . We need to listen and hear with a open mind! That is sometimes hard to do cause if we knew all why would we be here? We could take care of things without any help. I am thinking like many others that things are tension and if we do not agree with everyone then we are not welcome or we feel like we are being put down for a choice that we made. I have seen a lot of change since I have been here people who were sweet and kind are changing, or leaving have you noticed this?Even the Dr.s who give there time and care for free and not asking anything in return but to share there knowledge with us, are being attacked or maybe that is not how i mean but being put on the hot seat, we do not have to listen they are not treating us they are sharing the knowledge they have with us and at times making us more in tune with our own feelings and dr.s , the board has changed and maybe the world happings brought things to a boil faster. Feelings are not calmed as quickly and are boiling, sad but look around and reread posts. I feel as I write this I am risking to as some will not feel the same and be angered at me which heh I dont mind , as no 2 people are going to agree on all things . I personaly think what they said was fine but maybe they needed to continue it in private so as noone would be hurt or be put on the spot. I do not think either should be angry with each other as both were stating questions and opioions I would like to underline this but dont know how LOL. I would like to see a safe area where dr.s may feel safe in answering without this happening but leave it open on other areas for them to respond and will except that others will be able to also in this way, and then if they choose to get into more of it they know ,and if this happens again for them to continue in private but why should whole board be punished for two differences, its like if i cant be right then i dont want to be here, that to is sad, and I think we as adults can ignore and just not respond to any negitiveness that we choose to. I have many times and I am a bimbo lol a passivist, poor speller and poor typer , and tho this bothers me I can live with it . Heh do'nt ask my family if I am a passivist they will surprise u with the answer , I am a fighter to and that is why I try to try to protect people who are sad and hurt and who feel as tho they are exiled lol. This is a different kind of place tho it is abot learning and fixing our foot troubles not who is right who is wrong and we are privilaged that we are allowed to take it a step further we have a social part we can get to know each other and be more then a name or poster. I think that I like this and I enjoy the wonderful people I have met here. Ok long winded me is off as I am finding life, the kitchen is calling come clean me .

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/20/01 at 15:26 (061080)

Hello everyone. I feel compelled to come back and read posts as I have a lot of interest in the site, those whom I have had gratifying conversations with and am frankly heartened by the show of support.

A number of factors were involved in my decision. Like Dr. Z, I have generally worked 6 day weeks and feel that I have shortchanged my family--my wife, 2 1/2 year old twin girls and 5 year old son. It is difficult to find the time to do it all. I do not like to undertake tasks without doing them thoroughly and correctly and do not feel that I have the ability to spread myself as thin as I have. The recent tragedy has caused my wife to make significant changes to her travel schedule resulting in my need to assume more time with childcare.

Not every post can involve a comprehensive answer to a question. I try to be complete but the one time that I gave a targeted answer, my post was distorted and the information provided to an individual in need maliciously maligned. No regular poster entered into the 'debate.' I have no problem whatsoever with differences of opinion, legitimate debate, being 'second guessed' nor do I have any problems with questions and concerns with recommended treatments. Donna had repeated information that she knew to be inaccurate, over and over again--that is not debate. Such behavior can be blatant with name calling or more subtle via dissemination of disinformation.

The internet has led the practice of medicine into a 'grey zone' when it comes to liablity--when a doctor-patient relationship is established, what type of advice can be provided. Invariably, if doctors are going to give information to the best of their ability, that information cannot be subject to distortion. A permanent electronic record is being created of this discourse. Debate yes. Questions yes. People in need are posing questions and they should be able to obtain answers without interference.

Scott can provide the necessary disclaimers. There is plenty of room on the site for legitimate debate. There should be no room for malicious behavior so a mechanism must exist to insure the integrity of the electronic record via the ability to block individuals who misuse the privilege of posting on this site.
Regards,
Ed

Barbara TX on 9/20/01 at 15:30 (061081)

If it is a matter of 'tone' many of us would be banned and canned a year ago. I didn't hear 'goading' but just persistence. Good conversation, but the ATD forum is not the place for conversation, but consultation. I think that's why Dr. Ed left. He thought that consultation would invoke medical liability. Evidently he thought that the disclaimer wouldn't protect him. Any lawyers here? B.

Re: dr ed's feelings lost in the shuffle

paula on 9/20/01 at 18:42 (061098)

i think one reason there hasnt been a public outcry is that very few people would have the patience to read the entire unpleasant exchange. it seems to me he was just trying to offer a hypothetical answer, not conduct treatment online. if i'd been him i'd have had the same reaction but i'd have been out of here quicker. . i wish a few more people were strongly for him. i doubt he'll ever come back after this response. well i give up. no one else sees it this way but i doubt that hardly anyone could slog thru that mess of a conversation. ok. we've lost dr ed. for anyone reading this who wants to read the thing, it's at ask the doctor message board. i think i'll go watch my stocks lose money now, it would probably be more soothing than this. my thanks to everyone engaging in this conversation with me for keeping it civil.

Glenn X on 9/20/01 at 23:00 (061117)

Dr. Ed. I just recall a bit of Donna's grouching, and remember dismissing both the information and the un-constructive tone it was wrapped in. I didn't think to respond, mostly because this environment doesn't seem to work very well for voicing contrary opinions or resolving disputes. Efforts to refute perceptions seem generally to fuel more grumbling.

I think the great majority of posters here readily recognize well-meaning contributions and good information. And just as readily they can spot anger- or hurt-driven words, personal peddling efforts, and occasional bitterness.

Your insights, and those of others have made a significant difference in my life . . . and I bet that of many others. Everything negative I've read pales in comparison.

I'll bet many feel similarly.

THANKS ALL!

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 06:55 (061126)

Item 1: if people do things to force the doctors to leave, then I have to shut the 'ask the doctors' message board down.

Item 2: This is not the first time it's happened.

Item 3: The vast majority are not in favor of seeing individuals bother visiting doctors.

Item 4: I declare the 'ask the doctors' message baord a beneficial thing.

Item 5: Free speech is more important to me than most people and I'm all for questioning and contradicting doctors even though they have credentials.

Conclusion: Items 1 through 4 outweigh 5 and I declare the 'ask the doctors' message board a safe haven for doctors. Do not bother or annoy doctors who post there.

Scott R on 9/21/01 at 07:12 (061127)

I think think our dicsussion about the Dr Davis / Donna thing will be fruitful anymore. Let's let it end. I've modified the posting agreement to tell visitors not to bother or annoy the doctors. I would apprecite it if anyone sees a violator of thos agreement in the future to 'come to the rescue' of the doctor. The reason doctors cannot ignore annoying posts is because the people who ask the original question who the doctor is trying to help will not usually be able to judge if the 'annoyer' is full of it. If the doctor is silent the contradictor gets the last word and the one seeking information may be left with the impression that the doctor agreed with their post. I appreciate those who attack the attackers, provided the attackers are making posts that cannot be ignored.

john a on 9/21/01 at 09:11 (061145)

I think the Mark Twain quote you are looking for is something like 'When everyone disagrees with you, you know you must be right' :-)

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/01 at 15:36 (061188)

Scott:

Your response is 'right on the money.' I feel responsible for the accuracy and integrity of information presented on the board especially when my name is on it. My position as an 'expert' with a license and reputation to protect raises the stakes. The aformentioned exchange created a situation in which I felt that a response to misinformation (I am not sure that our posters recognized the extent of the misinformation presented by Donna SL) was necessary and thus the 'last word' dilemna.

I will try to be back from time to time. Today, I had to take my 3 children to childcare at 6:30 am, go to work and see 40 patients, pick up my children, return to work to do paperwork (while I keep my kids entertained) and try to get home by 9PM tonight to put them to bed. My wife is working in Los Angeles until tommorrow night.

Take care.
Best Regards,
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/01 at 16:53 (061194)

PS. I remain in touch with Wally, the individual who posted the question by email. That worked well as we could continue the conversation in private.
Ed